The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Do Wally West and Eobard Thawne recall ALL the different continuities?

Do Wally West and Eobard Thawne presently remember ALL the different continuities they've lived through?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

My understanding is yes, but then DC has done their level best to make it damn near impossible to tell anymore!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Both of them are from pre-Flashpoint, so yes, they, as well as Bart, should remember everything.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yes, I believe the speedsters with total recall of all previous history is Thawne, Wally, and Bart.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wally definitely since he's trying to fix the timeline now.

One thing I don't get. When Titans Rebirth started, Wally restored the memories of the other OG Titans (Nightwing, Donna, Arsenal, Tempest, Omen - though oddly not Bumblebee, who had amnesia and couldn't even remember being married). Why couldn't Bart do the same for Young Justice? Tim had to go to Zatanna, Spoiler (and Cassandra Cain) had her memories returned by a future version of Tim, Cassie Sandsmark was unexplained, Superboy's memory is apparently incomplete and Arrowette and one of the newer heroes (who had heard of Bart as Kid Flash) knew him without good reason to.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Including Bart Allen, yes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Both of them are from pre-Flashpoint, so yes, they, as well as Bart, should remember everything.
    Is Wally from Pre-Flashpoint?

I also thought that, but then I heard that he only got the memories of Pre-Flashpoint Wally and is from another timeline or?

One thing I don't get. When Titans Rebirth started, Wally restored the memories of the other OG Titans (Nightwing, Donna, Arsenal, Tempest, Omen - though oddly not Bumblebee, who had amnesia and couldn't even remember being married). Why couldn't Bart do the same for Young Justice? Tim had to go to Zatanna, Spoiler (and Cassandra Cain) had her memories returned by a future version of Tim, Cassie Sandsmark was unexplained, Superboy's memory is apparently incomplete and Arrowette and one of the newer heroes (who had heard of Bart as Kid Flash) knew him without good reason to.
    Sorry, but
    1. If I remember right Bumblebee REMEMBERED that she was married etc., but lost her memories because PSIMON stole her memories.
    It was seen in Titans as the fearsome five stole the powers of the meta-humans and then Bumblebee learned how to control her powers etc.

2. Young Justice seemingly remember the history...
    Cassandra Sandsmark says often that she was a member of TT..dont know which team she means.
    Arrowette remembered Bart as far as I understood...

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

My understanding is:

Thawne: Yes. Since he made himself into a temporal anomaly, as seen in Geoff Johns second Flash run, he remeber all the things, including the ones that were altered by himself or others:

Bart Allen: Remembers everything he lived, being that for him the "correct" timeline is the post-crisis one, and, being immune to time changes, that is going to be the default for him. Everything else is an alteration.

Wally West: This one is pretty confusing. Before DCU Rebirth, as he was trapped into the speed Force, he remembered the whole of post-Crisis. After he was brought back, he was folded into the post-Flashpoint continuity, so a lot of his memories vanished, but he still knew about post-Crisis. But there was no indication that he remembered his post-Flashpoint life very well. Then he remembered all of post-Crisis during Flash War. And now, with the Manhattan powers - Moebius Chair - Speed Force combo he is sporting, he seems to remember and/or be aware of every main continuity ever: pre-Crisis, post-Crisis where Barry had parents, post-Crisis where Barry was an orphan, etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 07-13-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Because it was a hokey narrative device to brings the Titans together that Bendis had no interest in using. I doubt Bendis even read the Rebirth Era Titans to know about it. He got Bart back and even made up his own contradictory history of how Bart came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Is Wally from Pre-Flashpoint?

I also thought that, but then I heard that he only got the memories of Pre-Flashpoint Wally and is from another timeline or?
    The running logic was, at first, he was just a version of Post-Flashpoint Wally who gained pre-Flashpoint memories from the Speed Force.

Since then it seems that it's all the same universe and everyone in post-flashpoint is their pre-flashpoint selves with memories that can be restored one way or another given how often it's happened. The only difference is which weird narrative device restores which memories. And also ignore all the contradictions necessary.
    Last edited by Dred; 07-13-2020 at 07:30 PM.

It's all the same universe has been the canon since Wally came back. Rebirth's tagline is "it's not a reboot and it never was" - meaning that New 52 being a reboot has been retconned at that point.

Astonishing Member

That was certainly not a line wide decision until maaaybe Superman Reborn. Before then there was a distinct difference between Pre-Flashpoint and Post-Flashpoint Superman.