Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Roronoa Zoro vs. Ares (Marvel comics)

The swordsman of the Straw Hat pirates takes on the greek god of war from the 616 continuity of Marvel comics.

Ares will have his axe and sword for this fight.

Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Zoro should...

Well, Ares does that whole "I can break into planck time for no reason," feat in his arsenal but I'm very iffy on that being something he's ever matched before or shown to repeat.

In any case, barring that singular instance, Zoro should just handily blitz him into the ground. It might take a while because Ares is a durable chap, but Zoro can just keep cutting him with "small mountain," slicing force until he stays down.

Yeah, the Planck-time thing is generally regarded as some high-level SMvFL BS.

Ultimate Member

Sorry, what's "planck time"?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Sorry, what's "planck time"?
    Planck time is the closest thing in physics we have to like a smallest measurement of time. It's part of the set of Planck units which in various combinations represent physical limits within our universe.

Let me just quote Wikipedia real quick:

A Planck time unit is the time required for light to travel a distance of 1 Planck length in a vacuum, which is a time interval of approximately 5.39 × 10−44 s.[44] All scientific experiments and human experiences occur over time scales that are many orders of magnitude longer than the Planck time,[45] making any events happening at the Planck scale undetectable with current scientific technology. As of November 2016, the smallest time interval uncertainty in direct measurements was on the order of 850 zeptoseconds (8.50 × 10−19 seconds).[46]

While there is currently no known way to measure time intervals on the scale of the Planck time, researchers in 2020 proposed a theoretical apparatus and experiment that, if ever realized, could be capable of being influenced by effects on time as short as 10−33 seconds, thus establishing an upper detectable limit for the quantization of a time that is roughly 20 billion times longer than the Planck time.[47][48]
    Being able to function in Planck time is like way stupid fast. Like, faster than any version of the Flash fast.

Ares had no business being there haha

It was presented as more of a dimensional travel thing "cuz I'm a god" then a speed thing iirc.

Either way its bunk imo.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Planck time is the closest thing in physics we have to like a smallest measurement of time. It's part of the set of Planck units which in various combinations represent physical limits within our universe.

Being able to function in Planck time is like way stupid fast. Like, faster than any version of the Flash fast.

To be fair, that entire scene made no sense since if you can actually move in Planck time, then you're not in Planck Time as each Planck second is essentially the absolute frames that compose time and I don't think that Nate Gray has any feats that suggest that he is anywhere near that level of super speed, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Wellllllllll, I mean, if we take the time Wally was so fast that Pre Crisis Superman was effect9vely frozen, I imagine he is Planck level speed.