Mighty Member

Default some thoughts about JL-TITANS-TT-YJ.....

Hello,

some thoughts which I had about the JL:

1) JL is often seen as the ALL-STAR Team who includes the BEST Super-Heroes etc.
    However this is simply not true.
    Yes they have Superman,Wonder Woman,Barry,Batman,Martian Manhunter,Shazam,Zatanna,Captain Atom who are among the strongest Super-Heroes.
    HOWEVER the JL has many other members who I am sure that Titans,YJ,TT etc. have members who can defeat them.

And also the top ones arent unbeatable if you consider that the TITANS have Wally West who I think could defeat most JL members
    Raven who is considered to be one of the most powerful beings in DC
    Tempest has super-strength and magic-Superman is vulnerable to magic for example
    If you consider Conner during TT I am also sure that he can defeat many members..
    Miss Martian to....

THIS IS ONE OF THE PROBLEMS FOR TT,TITANS,YJ etc.

2.) JL has to many members and should only consist of:
    Batman,Green Arrow,Superman,Wonder Woman,Barry,Aquaman,Martian Manhunter,Hal Jordan,Shazam and Zatanna.

I wrote specifically Hal and Barry because I see them as JL members and Wally/Bart and the other Green Lanterns should only replace them if they die etc.

BECAUSE

a) You can then say that the JL is powerful and consists of this members, because they were the "first" ones (not considering JSA).
    Because the JL got way to many members and I dont understand how they chose them, because if you say ALL-STARS you MUST include also Raven, Miss Martian, Bombshell,Superboy (after TT) etc. etc. etc.

b) I dont read JL, but I think many members arent used as much or?
    Firestorm,Captain Atom,Vixen.....OR?

So it would be more interesting if Vixen,Firestorm etc. would team up with Conner,Miss Martian,Cassie,Bart,Tim....to form a powerful team, who is powerful, interesting and all would benefit from.

This would be much better, because many readers think that the JL is the ALL-STAR TEAM, which makes the Titans,Teen Titans,YJ etc. look less powerful, less important etc.
    Titans,Teen Titans,YJ would benefit from it...JL can call YJ,TITANS,TEEN TITANS etc. for help...

I think you're focusing way too much on power levels. Comics aren't video games where stats are the most important things about a character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I think you're focusing way too much on power levels. Comics aren't video games where stats are the most important things about a character.
    Power levels are only relevant in manga/ anime where there's one writer from start to finish.

Most of the time, comic book writers only have the characters use their powers in the most basic ways OR one writer gives a character a new power and its never used in subsequent runs.

All four teams, as well as the Justice Society, should be as powerful as each other.

That suggested JL lineup will never happen again - no minority representation. It's why the New 52 team added Cyborg and the current one uses John Stewart instead of Hal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dude power levels are irrelevant the JL are the the all star team because of popularity and for driving the overall direction of the DCU. Just look at all of DC'S events like death metal and then let me know when the other team gets one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    All four teams, as well as the Justice Society, should be as powerful as each other.

That suggested JL lineup will never happen again - no minority representation. It's why the New 52 team added Cyborg and the current one uses John Stewart instead of Hal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Dude power levels are irrelevant the JL are the the all star team because of popularity and for driving the overall direction of the DCU. Just look at all of DC'S events like death metal and then let me know when the other team gets one.
    ITS NOT!!!!!! about Power Levels.

What I was CLEARLY talking about was

1.) People always consider the JL as the BEST TEAM, most powerful team etc. etc.
    This leads to the believe that the Titans,Teen Titans,YJ and their members arent as powerful and/or competent as the JL members.

THIS!!! is the big problem which the franchise Titans,Teen Titans,Young Justice have.

I can remember that I read 2 things like:
    -Why should the BIG VILLAINS attack Titans if they can attack the JL?
    -JL is like the big league-you must GRADUATE to become a member...
    -JL are the All-Stars of DC
    2.) Like I also said the JL has to many members who dont get used often and it would be nice to see them with other Superheroes.
    Firestorm,Jessica Cruz,Big Barda,Vixen,.....would be a nice team-up with Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie...
    It would be a nice team and both sides would benefit from (Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie get powerful experienced members) and Firestorm,Vixen,Jessica Cruz,Big Barda ... get used more.

3.) You would have get rid of the AUTHORITY of JL-and they only have the Role-Model function..

Cyborg is still a TITAN for me and was better in the Titans with Roy and his daughter,Nightwing,Starfire etc.

If you reduce the numbers of members of JL and you only accept replacements (Wally/Bart for Barry) (Jon for Hal) its plausible and understandable.

You still have a powerful and legendary team, but you wouldnt hurt the other franchises....

The KEY should be to see Titans/JL/YJ/TT not as one being superior to the other ones, BUT!!!! like Marvel does with Fantastic Four/X-Men.

"most powerful team" "aren't as powerful" - and you're saying it's not about power levels?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "most powerful team" "aren't as powerful" - and you're saying it's not about power levels?
    You should READ what I wrote:

I CLEARLY CLEARLY CLEARLY wrote that the people (both in the COMICS and also in the REAL WORLD) rank a JL member automatically as more powerful/ important/better than a TT/Titan/YJ...

The problem is this here (it comes from another thread of mine):

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...80#post5042980

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    If anything they tend to treat the TT and Titans crews as the minor leagues. Once a spot opens up and once they 'prove themselves' then they can move up to the majors and be 'real Justice League'.
    THATS exactly what I mean!!!!

THIS IS THE PROBLEM...

The exact problem!! People dont see the Titans and JL as equivalent, but think that as TITAN you have to PROVE YOURSELF to become a JL member.

This is the problem of the TITANS Franchise...

It should be like the X-Men and Fantastic Four where you see them as different teams, WITHOUT putting one team over the other.
    Last edited by Masterff; 07-14-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    You should READ what I wrote:

I CLEARLY CLEARLY CLEARLY wrote that the people (both in the COMICS and also in the REAL WORLD) rank a JL member automatically as more powerful/ important/better than a TT/Titan/YJ...

The problem is this here (it comes from another thread of mine):

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...80#post5042980

THATS exactly what I mean!!!!

THIS IS THE PROBLEM...

The exact problem!! People dont see the Titans and JL as equivalent, but think that as TITAN you have to PROVE YOURSELF to become a JL member.

This is the problem of the TITANS Franchise...

It should be like the X-Men and Fantastic Four where you see them as different teams, WITHOUT putting one team over the other.
    I think it's hard for the Titans and Teen Titans to not be considered the rank below JL. I mean, the team has always been filled with a bunch of side kicks, strong ones, sure. But sidekicks will always seem like the step below superhero or leader.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I think it's hard for the Titans and Teen Titans to not be considered the rank below JL. I mean, the team has always been filled with a bunch of side kicks, strong ones, sure. But sidekicks will always seem like the step below superhero or leader.
    Exactly the DCU is built on the JL being the the standard and the big leagues. It's how DC markets the team.

People need to stop comparing titans, tt and yj to marvel teams because these teams core members are are sidekicks of the justice league core members. How are fans supposed to look at the teams as equals when we don't look at the individual core members as equals.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Not really:

Wally West: Wally ist the best example for SIDEKICK surpassing clearly his mentor
    Arsenal: Arsenal is probably not at the level of GA in terms of bow and arrow, but is better in overall skills
    Nightwing: Has become a Superhero on his own and managed to distance himself from Bruce

Raven for example ISNT a legacy character

Like I already said it was NEVER clear to me which criterias do they have to say: you can enter the JL...
    In Terms of strength,powers,feats etc. I would clearly say that Miss Martian,Raven,Conner,Nightwing,Tempest......surpas s MANY JL members..

The YOUNG JUSTICE ANIME showed it much much much much much better!!!!!

As far as I remember SUPERBOY and MISS MARTIAN were asked if they want to join JL, but decided to stay with the team, while Zatanna and Rocket became members of JL.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Exactly the DCU is built on the JL being the the standard and the big leagues. It's how DC markets the team.

People need to stop comparing titans, tt and yj to marvel teams because these teams core members are are sidekicks of the justice league core members. How are fans supposed to look at the teams as equals when we don't look at the individual core members as equals.
    The Problem is that the JL is way to big and includes members who I would certainly rank UNDER YJ,TT,Titans members.

Like I said it would work perfectly if you say:

Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman,Barry Allen,Martian Manhunter,Shazam,Hal Jordan,Aquaman

and you only replace members if they die.

The problem is that nowadays some people believe that if you are YJ,TT,TITANS member you have to prove yourself to enter JL and you arent seen as their equal.

If you would just see them as two different franchises like X-Men and Fantastic Four it would work much better for Titans.