Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default In theory, could Shard be resurrected by the Five?

Bishop’s sister.

Fantastic Member

Yea I hope they resurrect her along with all the mutants on Genosha. That should make for some interesting stories

As far as I know she only ever existed as a hologram in the present, so Sinister shouldn't have a DNA sample for her on file

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Someone with more knowledge of the character would need to explain but apparently the Shard that appeared in present day issues of X-Men was always a hologram so there wouldn't have biological data for Sinister to harvest.
    "Cable was right!"

If they don't have a biological sample from her, no. And I'm not sure that the way to computerize her is compatible with what Xavier does.

Extraordinary Member

In the Bishop: The Last X-Man series issue #14 that was set far in the future Fitzroy was somehow making her a flesh and blood body. She wound up converting her body back to energy to give Bishop something to shoot at Fitzroy....but his shot went wide and entered one of Fitzroy's portals.

So....my suggestion is that...using comic book logic and physics...she can show up with a real body anytime a writer wants to have her show up.

Just have her show up moments after she went into the portal...bloody stump and all, nearly dead....with a flesh and blood body and have Elixir heal her and regrow her arm. This then gets her brain copied into Cerebro and gets them a DNA sample.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-13-2020 at 07:47 AM.

She absolutely could and should. They just have to explain that the technology used in the future to store her mind was/will be the same Xavier is using in the present to do it. Then show a flashback of her giving Bishop an up until now unseen memento (contaminated unknowingly with her DNA) and presto.
    But you would need to have Bishop asking it as a favor, to Hope of all people, because it is not standard procedure. That would be fun.

No, as others said she was a hologram. Cerebro shouldnt have a backup of her, nor should there be any DNA sample

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    She absolutely could and should. They just have to explain that the technology used in the future to store her mind was/will be the same Xavier is using in the present to do it. Then show a flashback of her giving Bishop an up until now unseen memento (contaminated unknowingly with her DNA) and presto.
    But you would need to have Bishop asking it as a favor, to Hope of all people, because it is not standard procedure. That would be fun.
    She can be brought back by other means but not the Resurrection Protocols set up on Krakoa. Like I mention above, they lack the two main components needed for her. . Considering she was a hologram, I dont see why another hologram cant be made of her and possibly given a cybernetic body

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I wish. She's a cool character that has potential.

I'm thinking not. She was never alive except during an alternate future, which means there was never DNA in the present time to extract from. Of course, they could always find a way to do it that could logically explain it away, but I don't expect it.

Yes, I Hope they can revive her, but she died a long time ago. Er, Shard was in a future time period but was not of Earth-616 if I remember correctly. Not sure if they could pull this off.

Incredible Member

So, Forge is the one who fixed the hologram version of her for Bishop, and if I remember, he worked on her as well when he was the leader of X-Factor. So, you'd reasonably imagine that Forge would have a backup of her mind somewhere to those days in X-Factor lying around in his lab somewhere. So, if Trevor Fitzroy is able to make her human again from hologram form, then Forge should be able to do the same as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    So, Forge is the one who fixed the hologram version of her for Bishop, and if I remember, he worked on her as well when he was the leader of X-Factor. So, you'd reasonably imagine that Forge would have a backup of her mind somewhere to those days in X-Factor lying around in his lab somewhere. So, if Trevor Fitzroy is able to make her human again from hologram form, then Forge should be able to do the same as well.
    Yeah, Forge should totally be able to re-create her program / hologram.

That's literally his mutant power. To whip up tech solutions, no matter how outside the box or 'impossible.'

Fantastic Member

She would make a more compelling character as hologram. It would be nice to see her in X-Force or X-Factor.

Anything is possible and I really love that idea!