View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
    Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Default Polyamory & the X-Men: A Poll

Hi all,

Just wanted to gauge the room to see how we collectively feel about Polyamory in our X-men comics.
    Although current X-books have been hinting at a potential quadrangle, this poll is meant to be about the concept in general, and not about specific groupings of people.

Also, please note that Polyamory is different from Polygamy - I've seen posters (incorrectly) use both terms interchangeably.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 07-13-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Chris Claremont's legacy is in part that the X-Men are a bunch of sex-obsessed weirdos.

I approve of the continuation of this path. It is a factor that differentiates them from other supergroups.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm more Neutral but voted Approve as we've only seen Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma exploring the boundaries of this different way to love each other. And from my perspective that exploration does fit the characters involved, in this new era.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I say let them be horny. Its what manga and anime do and they outperform comics in sales by a large margin.

I approve, as I'm very much into OT3s and I love Scogean. But I don't think it'd be realistic for it to become the norm, even if it's more common in Krakoa. Write it for the people to who it make sense and/or if there's an interesting story about it. Also, some open relationships rather than just trios/quartets/etc.

I feel there needs to be an option between neutral and strongly approve. Because I don't think its going to work for everyone. But it would work and create interesting stories/dynamics for others.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I'm neutral, the characters involved don't make sense.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I'm neutral, the characters involved don't make sense.
    This is where I am. It's fiction, it's all in fun, why not? BUT some of the characters that will supposedly be engaging do not fit because they don't seem the "sharing" type, especially after so much bad history & betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I feel there needs to be an option between neutral and strongly approve. Because I don't think its going to work for everyone. But it would work and create interesting stories/dynamics for others.
    I agree about the poll.

I meant for stances like these to be broadly covered by the “Approval” option.
    I shouldn’t have included the word “Strongly” if I wasn’t going to have mid-options in between Neutral and Dis/Agree.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 07-13-2020 at 09:22 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    (But probably not)

Polyamory has made an utter mockery of all four characters and their relationships.

There needs to be an option between 'neutral' and strongly 'disapprove'. I strongly disapprove polyamory for these four.

I mean, at this point before polyamory I couldn't give two fs about Jean/Scott, Emma/Scott, Jean/Logan. We had seen it all.

Polyamory is a nice twist because I couldn't bear to have other arcs with someone being jealous or crazy ex girlfriends or s e x u a l t e n s i o n

Not a fan of it.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Not into polyamory much but I don't mind Jean being in a polyamorus relationship. I don't have any Jean ships so polyamory isn't a deal breaker.

I wonder if there will be more polyamorus groups in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Polyamory has made an utter mockery of all four characters and their relationships.

There needs to be an option between 'neutral' and strongly 'disapprove'. I strongly disapprove polyamory for these four.
    I kept this poll about Polyamory general for a reason.
    Are there any X-characters that you do approve of exploring polyamorous relationships?
    The Milkshake Boom
    (But probably not)

I think it’s awesome showing 4 consenting adults in this sort of relationship. Where they respect and understand boundaries and show love to eachother. I think it’s being handled well.