View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I really thought they would continue to just hint with this poly stuff, but after X-force I can't wait to see what happens next. I suspect we'll see Scott get intimate with Emma (maybe in the Cable book). We already saw Emma talk to Scott about how much she loves him in X-men 3 (the fight with the old ladies).

I would love more hints with Scott and Wolverine but that would really stress some fans out. It doesn't even have to be overtly sexual but just that they are close. I want to see Logan checking Scott out in his speedo but we'll see if that happens. Or as I've said before I want to see a psychic mind meld/ultimate intimacy rapport between Scott, Jean, Emma, and Logan. Instead of overtly sexual the intimacy will be more telepathic in nature.

Jean was called "Mrs. Grey" by a student but that could have been the student trying to show respect. Jean doesn't go by Summers or Grey-Summers. I know the blind item indicated otherwise but I prefer Scott and Jean not to be considered married anymore - at least not legally which shouldn't be a problem considering their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Gotcha. I had to Google 'galaxy brain' and it said the meaning had turned from 'good' to 'insult'.
    I must admit that confused me since I can't see how anyone could hate the idea of Storminatrix.
    When you deal with Storm, you get the Thunder (her strap).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That description of Logan's appeal from Scott. All I can hear is Jean saying, "I'm not in love with him, but I'm beginning to think *you* are..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That description of Logan's appeal from Scott. All I can hear is Jean saying, "I'm not in love with him, but I'm beginning to think *you* are..."
    Doesn’t it really read like “well I like him.....and you like him..... oh well guess there’s nothing we can do about all this unresolved sexual tension between the three of us.”

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm told there's an entire genre of films based on related premises.
    I'm quite certain most of them are considered garbage.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Chris Claremont's legacy is in part that the X-Men are a bunch of sex-obsessed weirdos.

I approve of the continuation of this path. It is a factor that differentiates them from other supergroups.
    This is important.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I really thought they would continue to just hint with this poly stuff, but after X-force I can't wait to see what happens next. I suspect we'll see Scott get intimate with Emma (maybe in the Cable book). We already saw Emma talk to Scott about how much she loves him in X-men 3 (the fight with the old ladies).

I would love more hints with Scott and Wolverine but that would really stress some fans out. It doesn't even have to be overtly sexual but just that they are close. I want to see Logan checking Scott out in his speedo but we'll see if that happens. Or as I've said before I want to see a psychic mind meld/ultimate intimacy rapport between Scott, Jean, Emma, and Logan. Instead of overtly sexual the intimacy will be more telepathic in nature.
    I would love to see a telepathic encounter between the 4.

Another thing that people don't take into account is that there's telepaths involved. That means that true feelings cannot be hidden, and they can feel each other's love. I think that it's more plausible for their [Jean and Scott's] relationships to be at least open since they're not your typical married couple.

Doesn’t it really read like “well I like him.....and you like him..... oh well guess there’s nothing we can do about all this unresolved sexual tension between the three of us.”
    It's comments like these that makes me think that even the people who like this can't take it seriously.

"Ha ha! I can turn it into a gay or polyamory joke! **** dramatic moments and having serious discussions about relationships. Everybody's banging everybody? Good."

Look at those couches and pillows. Who decorated the X-mansion in the 90s?!
    He does put forward a very convincing case. Scott deserves to feel the fire, too.
    When you deal with Storm, you get the Thunder (her strap).
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Disapprove. No doors for Logan, Jean and Cyke shouldn`t be the main question for X-Men #1. I need better stories.
    Eh, I don't really see these relationships affecting or shaking up Krakoa or it's status quo badly like it's been happening since Claremont. Only how people are reacting is just what's happening.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Chris Claremont's legacy is in part that the X-Men are a bunch of sex-obsessed weirdos.

I approve of the continuation of this path. It is a factor that differentiates them from other supergroups.
    Emma had sex with Sebastian Shaw, while possessing Storm’s body.
    Diamondback had sex with Wolverine while possessing Dazzler’s body.
    Shadow King did unspeakable things while possessing the Muir Island mutants.
    Who kNows what Malice did while possessing Lorna’s body.

All the things Betsy did while in Kwannon’s body.

Warren remembers having sex with X-23 while he was a teen.
    Cyclops remembers having sex with Bloodstorm as a teen.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-13-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Very few X-characters seem like they'd be into polyamory. Just like real world.

Maybe Storm. Maybe Domino. I don't know. Never gave it much thought.
    Children not having any effect on them seeing their parents in an open relationship that they never were before, says to me that those parents and children did not have a good relationship.

It SHOULD affect them. The fact that it isn't, tells me what a joke this polyamory crap is. They've not thought this through, they're basically making memes and innuendos canon. They have no idea how to handle this properly and they're not even attempting it(not that it's really possible with these characters, but holy hell, even most fanfictions have better development than this).
    I didn't know only teenagers get affected when a big facet of their parents' life changes. "Hey my mom's banging some other dude besides my dad. But whatever, I'm 18+."
    So.

Your first post indicates that you would be neutral to polyamory in the X-men.
    However, the second and third posts indicate a strong dislike for polyamory itself.

Do you hate polyamory, or do you just hate reading about it? Or both?
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

I disapprove, if you going to do it for 4 well know characters then do it for everyone. why should it be okay for 4 ppl only and not okay for everyone? Give me Cyclops and Storm plus Bishop and Emma and I am in. Right now who ever Scott sleeps with is just sex in my eyes. Hey my boy is having fun with 90% of the ladies and Logan.... lol
    Just dont go with pickles bro that is all I ask. I also want to see him with Maddie making baby #2

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Because...with relationships and love and sex...everyone has their personal choices and preferences, they may not want or believe in the same things.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I'm fine with polyamory as long as it doesn't involve characters who have always been monogamous. Leave utter filth like Scott/Jean/Logan to AO3