View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Default Polyamory & the X-Men: A Poll

Hi all,

Just wanted to gauge the room to see how we collectively feel about Polyamory in our X-men comics.
    Although current X-books have been hinting at a potential quadrangle, this poll is meant to be about the concept in general, and not about specific groupings of people.

Also, please note that Polyamory is different from Polygamy - I've seen posters (incorrectly) use both terms interchangeably.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 07-13-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Chris Claremont's legacy is in part that the X-Men are a bunch of sex-obsessed weirdos.

I approve of the continuation of this path. It is a factor that differentiates them from other supergroups.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm more Neutral but voted Approve as we've only seen Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma exploring the boundaries of this different way to love each other. And from my perspective that exploration does fit the characters involved, in this new era.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I say let them be horny. Its what manga and anime do and they outperform comics in sales by a large margin.

I approve, as I'm very much into OT3s and I love Scogean. But I don't think it'd be realistic for it to become the norm, even if it's more common in Krakoa. Write it for the people to who it make sense and/or if there's an interesting story about it. Also, some open relationships rather than just trios/quartets/etc.

I feel there needs to be an option between neutral and strongly approve. Because I don't think its going to work for everyone. But it would work and create interesting stories/dynamics for others.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I'm neutral, the characters involved don't make sense.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I feel there needs to be an option between neutral and strongly approve. Because I don't think its going to work for everyone. But it would work and create interesting stories/dynamics for others.
    I agree about the poll.

I meant for stances like these to be broadly covered by the “Approval” option.
    I shouldn’t have included the word “Strongly” if I wasn’t going to have mid-options in between Neutral and Dis/Agree.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 07-13-2020 at 09:22 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Chris Claremont's legacy is in part that the X-Men are a bunch of sex-obsessed weirdos.

I approve of the continuation of this path. It is a factor that differentiates them from other supergroups.
    This is important.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Emma had sex with Sebastian Shaw, while possessing Storm’s body.
    Diamondback had sex with Wolverine while possessing Dazzler’s body.
    Shadow King did unspeakable things while possessing the Muir Island mutants.
    Who kNows what Malice did while possessing Lorna’s body.

All the things Betsy did while in Kwannon’s body.

Warren remembers having sex with X-23 while he was a teen.
    Cyclops remembers having sex with Bloodstorm as a teen.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-13-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I guess neutral. Nothing wrong with it, but if it's going to be a thing in the comics, it should have been more developed. There seems to be at least one concrete thing going on, but everything still seems vague and open to different interpretations (to some degree) as to who is with who. Maybe things will be clarified down the line, but something this major should have been handled more delicately. In my opinion at least.

As for the four/three it's currently implied for, I don't think it fits them either (at least without very good explanation) but that's an entirely different conversation and something that I just view from my own perspective. Others seem to be enjoying it and that's fine
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia