View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    We've seen him without powers a few times over the years.

He looks like this.

So, Kurt really is a PoC without his powers

Hard to decide the poll choice that is the best fit, so I went with neutral.

I think X-Men is completely the right comic to introduce this kind of concept and I totally want to see a diverse representation for all types of people and relationships that reflects the real world, including polyamory.

And as a narrative solution to a particularly tangled shipping war, I can totally see where that works as a way to make the most people happy including the characters. Whether it's being introduced and handled the best that it can be, for me the jury is still out. And I still want some kind of resolution between Logan and Ororo addressing how they were together before he died, though that's neither here nor there.

All that said, polyamory isn't something I'm particularly into personally and I don't want to see all relationships go that way or maybe even the majority. While it's possibly the best scenario for some, it's definitely not for everyone. If X-Men could have representation of every kind of relationship, that would make me happy.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So, Kurt really is a PoC without his powers
    We don’t know his ethnicity, but we do know he was brought up by an oppressed minority; the Romany people are treated appallingly, all across Europe.
    And he’s faced nothing but hatred and adversity, because of his appearance, from birth, that has to have an effect on him.

Sorry, off topic.

We do know Kurt's ethnicity. He's Caucasian bc thats what his mother Mystique is. What complicates things is that Azazel isnt human. Even before that retcon, his father was a German aristocrat. He may have been born blue, but his ethnicity isnt a mystery bc we know where his genes come from

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We do know Kurt's ethnicity. He's Caucasian bc thats what his mother Mystique is. What complicates things is that Azazel isnt human. Even before that retcon, his father was a German aristocrat. He may have been born blue, but his ethnicity isnt a mystery bc we know where his genes come from
    What do we know of Raven’s history?
    Happy to move this to the NC thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    What do we know of Raven’s history?
    Happy to move this to the NC thread.
    We know she's Caucasian. Her human form when she doesnt have an active X-gene has been shown before

We know she's Caucasian. Her human form when she doesnt have an active X-gene has been shown before

From that, know her natural colour of skin, which in that shot is a rather alarming shade of orange, but nothing else. Caucasian covers everything from north Africa to India, the middle East, Russia, Europe. Hundreds of different groups and ethnicities. Besides, I wouldn’t trust Raven if she told me water was wet...

From that, know her natural colour of skin, which in that shot is a rather alarming shade of orange, but nothing else. Caucasian covers everything from north Africa to India, the middle East, Russia, Europe. Hundreds of different groups and ethnicities. Besides, I wouldn’t trust Raven if she told me water was wet...
    She's white. She's white like Rogue, white like Xavier, white like Kitty. You know exactly what I mean. You also know she isnt drawn/colored to be meant as representation for Indians or Middle Eastern people here

Then, you might as well just forget ever having any conclusive version of what her ethnicity actually is...

No?

She's white. She's white like Rogue, white like Xavier, white like Kitty. You know exactly what I mean. You also know she isnt drawn/colored to be meant as representation for Indians or Middle Eastern people here
    I’m not sure that people from the Jewish diaspora always identify as ‘white’?
    I think I know what you mean, from the limited and outdated American usage of the words caucasian and white.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Then, you might as well just forget ever having any conclusive version of what her ethnicity actually is...

No?
    Yes, exactly. She is the epitome of an unreliable narrator.

I’m not sure that people from the Jewish diaspora always identify as ‘white’?
    I think I know what you mean, from the limited and outdated American usage of the words caucasian and white.
    It doesnt matter. The main point is that she is not a POC which is where this all originated bc there was discrepancy brought up about Kurt. You are being unnecessarily difficult about that

I think Azazel was human before he was mutant, and hes from the Biblical days so maybe from the Middle East I guess.

Be funny if a mutant came from the future of Krakoa and we could not get a definite answers on whos the parents of the character are since in short time many of the Krakoans have laid with each other lol

As for my pick I believe in 1 on 1 relationships.

Neutral here...I am enjoying the new approach to the Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma polycule, but I don't want to see Magneto join Rogue & Gambit. I think there are certain characters this fits more than others.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outback_X View Post
    Neutral here...I am enjoying the new approach to the Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma polycule, but I don't want to see Magneto join Rogue & Gambit. I think there are certain characters this fits more than others.
    Karma/Kitty/Rachel/Magik

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Karma/Kitty/Rachel/Magik
    And it would only mean that they finally make it officially after all this time. I like it.