Default X Men 137 Question.

I was just re reading the Dark Phoenix saga and issue 137 when the X men went up against the Imperial Guard was like them going against DC's Legion of Super Heroes and I was thinking why wasn't Polaris.Dazzler.Havok.Banshee.Sunfire and Iceman along for the battle cause it was basically suicide to go up against them with so few members.i understand that Alison wasn't a actual member but she was a mutant

I don't have a definitive answer to your question but I would say that as the whole point of the issue was that 'Jean' sacrificed herself to end the threat of Phoenix, the X-Men were always going to lose the fight, no matter how many allies they had with them.

Even though it was a double-sized issue, the action still had to be kept tight, so lots of additional X-Men would have detracted from this, which I guess is why there was only Angel & Beast in addition to the core team, both of whom had been part of the story in the build up.

I think Banshee was depowered at this point anyway (not that that would have stopped Sean from getting involved).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I was just re reading the Dark Phoenix saga and issue 137 when the X men went up against the Imperial Guard was like them going against DC's Legion of Super Heroes and I was thinking why wasn't Polaris.Dazzler.Havok.Banshee.Sunfire and Iceman along for the battle cause it was basically suicide to go up against them with so few members.i understand that Alison wasn't a actual member but she was a mutant
    Simple answer is Polaris, Dazzler, Havok, Banshee, Sunfire, and Iceman simply were not there... X-Men (1st series) #137
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-23-2020 at 11:11 PM.