View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It doesnt matter. The main point is that she is not a POC which is where this all originated bc there was discrepancy brought up about Kurt. You are being unnecessarily difficult about that
    The way they draw her doesn't necessarily mean she Anglo-Saxon or European white.Artistic liberties aside red eyes and red hair aside ,there are plenty of blue eyed or grey eyed fawn coloured people in Persia ,Afghanistan and Transcaucasia ,those are not 'white' in an ethnic sense and technically even in appearance.I specifically remember you commenting on Apocalypse that it's a matter of ethnicity not appearance.So to somehow claim unequivocally Mystique is white is being presumptuous.
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-16-2020 at 01:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The way they draw her doesn't necessarily mean she Anglo-Saxon or European white.Artistic liberties aside red eyes and red hair aside ,there are plenty of blue eyed or grey eyed fawn coloured people in Persia ,Afghanistan and Transcaucasia ,those are not 'white' in an ethnic sense and technically even in appearance.I specifically remember you commenting on Apocalypse that it's a matter of ethnicity not appearance.So to somehow claim unequivocally Mystique is white is being presumptuous.
    Out of sheer curiosity, Rev9 -- Name a few people who share the same complexion as Nichelle Nichols or Sonequa Martin-Green who are not deemed to be "Black" or "Brown" visually, racially, and or ethnically -- Because, AFAIK, William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are both Jewish and quite white.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-16-2020 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

I like that, gimme all that freaky ****! *Pop Smoke voice* "I'm with whatever. I'm with it all. I'ma slut. get me lit. I dare you" (R.I.P)

seriously tho, I love the polyamory and the sexual fluidity of Krakoa. it's refreshing when any fictional culture is allows to be radically/decidedly different from the typical western heteronormativity that usually permeates American media. it's a big reason I'm feeling this entire run is a 9/10 for me, the only thing preventing a 10 or 11 (plus ultra is a thing on my scale) is that people of color haven't had as much of a presence as I would like. however I do forgive because this run is setting up a lot, it's playing with a lot of themes that are particularly poignant to people of color, and my enjoyment of the aforementioned polyamorous sexually fluid culture. i've seen more than enough heteronormativity and monogamy in my stories, my sexuality and life experience has been represented ad nausium, any book that shows love the LGBTQ+ community and alternative relationships gets a couple cool points for me.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-16-2020 at 05:40 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think it is really stupid and makes the characters indifferent of monogamy. There are a lot of kids reading these books as well. But not only a moral issue (I can put that aside), but it makes the characters slutty, not loyal and focuses to much on sex itself. I read the X-Men for the hero-stuff, about the world that hates and fears them, about straight, gay and interracial relationships, about the drama, betrayal, being good or bad, fighting for justice, good reasoning why villains became who they are and so on. But sharing partners in bed? Nahhhh, one step to far for me.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity, Rev9 -- Name a few people who share the same complexion as Nichelle Nichols or Sonequa Martin-Green who are not deemed to be "Black" or "Brown" visually, racially, and or ethnically -- Because, AFAIK, William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are both Jewish and quite white.
    Please you could even find a Chinese jew, Jews are a unique lot,Lenny Kravitz is Jewish so? Are you trying to say all Jews are white,ever heard of falasha in Ethiopia? Or should we also say Victor Varnado is black ethocentrically yes ,techically no. That's my point I'm not making blanket statements.
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-16-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outback_X View Post
    Neutral here...I am enjoying the new approach to the Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma polycule, but I don't want to see Magneto join Rogue & Gambit. I think there are certain characters this fits more than others.
    I definitely agree with that, if literally everyone was in a open/polyamorous relationship it would feel like an overreaching gimmick and about as unrealistic as every character being monogamous or straight.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I definitely agree with that, if literally everyone was in a open/polyamorous relationship it would feel like an overreaching gimmick and about as unrealistic as every character being monogamous or straight.
    Just remember. A group of mutants is called an orgy.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think it is really stupid and makes the characters indifferent of monogamy. There are a lot of kids reading these books as well. But not only a moral issue (I can put that aside), but it makes the characters slutty, not loyal and focuses to much on sex itself. I read the X-Men for the hero-stuff, about the world that hates and fears them, about straight, gay and interracial relationships, about the drama, betrayal, being good or bad, fighting for justice, good reasoning why villains became who they are and so on. But sharing partners in bed? Nahhhh, one step to far for me.

Not sure if sarcasm or Self Aware-wolves.

<checks poll to find voted Strongly Disapprove>

Not sure if strongly disapproves or strongly committed to the bit.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Just remember. A group of mutants is called an orgy.
    If Quill was in on it It'll be a Prickle Orgy
    Ehhhh Reeeeally don't think parents should be concerned about the sexual innuendos in a comic book....Who's gonna be around to judge consenting adults on their sexual activity? Theres none of that Puritanical BS on KraKoa
    So to somehow claim unequivocally Mystique is white is being presumptuous.
    Buuuuut probably right
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Please you could even find a Chinese jew, Jews are a unique lot,Lenny Kravitz is Jewish so?
    Unique? I think not... Sammy Davis Jr identified as Jewish too... Yet, if one sets aside religion -- both are (were) undeniably black/brown as we define skin color and neither can (could) walk around claiming to be Caucasoid or Mongoloid.

Are you trying to say all Jews are white?
    From a religious point of view? No, just like all Muslims are not middle eastern (E.g., Muslim Han Chinese). But, if your skin is visibly white -- well, your white...

Or should we also say Victor Varnado is black ethocentrically yes ,techically no. That's my point I'm not making blanket statements.
    Last I checked having Albinism does not mean one is genetically "white" since Albinism affects people of all ethnic and racial backgrounds.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-16-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cats and dogs laying together!? Surely that’s a sign of the apocalypse, no? That may be a bridge too far, my friend.
    I remember Ilyana offering to get down with aliens,we are already there my friend.

Astonishing Member

Unique? I think not... Sammy Davis Jr identified as Jewish too... Yet, if one sets aside religion -- both are (were) undeniably black/brown as we define skin color as neither can claim to be Caucasoid or Mongoloid.

From a religious point of view? No, just like all Muslims are not middle eastern (E.g., Muslim Han Chinese). But, if your skin is visibly white -- well, your white...

Last I checked having Albinism does not mean one is genetically "white" since Albinism affects people of all ethnic and racial backgrounds.
    As I said that is precisely my point,maybe I'm wrong(I doubt tho) the PoC term was first coined in America with most people designated as 'white' being European, so I am articulating that being white is not an exclusively European preserve, you can have people with European skin or eye colour but they are not European.Some Indians are very light skin no different than Europeans ,are they 'white'? Semantically yes,ethnically no. As for Jews,apparently as long as your mother is Jewish whether your father is Chinese or Nigerian,you're Jewish too. It's not about faith ,that's just how they take their own-that is what I've heard anyway
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-16-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    And it would only mean that they finally make it officially after all this time. I like it.
    I’ve seen fans say it’s good what they with Iceman, Rictor and Shatterstar

But shocked that more X-woman haven’t came out besides Karma.

If anything they expected more.

Umm?!? You've lost me... Say what?
    haha I meant it as a show of solidarity for Charles/erik

, but it makes the characters slutty, not loyal and focuses to much on sex itself.
    the x-men have been slutty for decades , Claremont saw to that

BANNED

As I said that is precisely my point,maybe I'm wrong(I doubt tho) the PoC term was first coined in America with most people designated as 'white' being European, so I am articulating that being white is not an exclusively European preserve, you can have people with European skin or eye colour but they are not European.Some Indians are very light skin no different than Europeans ,are they 'white'? Semantically yes,ethnically no. As for Jews,apparently as long as your mother is Jewish whether your father is Chinese or Nigerian,you're Jewish too. It's not about faith ,that's just how they take their own-that is what I've heard anyway
    According to Jewish law, it's the "religion" that is passed down through the mother, so if a Jewish male marries a Chinese or Nigerian female, their children would be mixed race and not considered Jewish. So, while race and ethnicity share an ideology of common ancestry, they differ in several ways. First of all, race is primarily unitary. You can only have one race, while you can claim multiple ethnic affiliations. You can identify ethnically as Irish and Polish, but you have to be essentially either "Negroid/Black", "Caucasian/White", "Mongolian/Yellow", "American/Red" or "Malayan/Brown". That said, I can't see how Raven (powerless) can be anything other than a Caucasian White woman.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-16-2020 at 08:42 AM.