View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’m neutral on this one. There certainly is a ton of sub text in the books but very little confirmation of any polyamourus (sp?) activity. That was until X force #10 and now it seems like a strong possibility. I say strong possibility because I don’t think we’ve seen Scott and Jean being confirmed to be together again neither him and Emma, correct me if I’m wrong though. It’s very possible I’m forgetting something that did establish this. I can see Logan entertaining the idea of having fwb but Scott seems to me that he has always been a one woman type of fella. I guess you could argue his portrayal in New X-Men says otherwise but Jean died so we don’t really know.
    Some of his dialogue with Emma sounds flirty. He and Jean kissed before Hickman run, so is not impossible to think that they are still together. But yeah, we don't have hard confirmation yet.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I strongly approve of this. Polyamory is a concept that remains misunderstood and viewed as strange or disgusting by a lot of the general public. Providing positive representation for poly relationships fits in well with the x-men's history of breaking boundaries and defying negative stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Monogamy is a much more recent invention than open relationships/polyamory/throuples. I say it should henceforth always be in the X-Men. One of the main things that even mainstream pop culture recognizes is that Mutants be horny so why not turn that into something productive and progressive.
    I'd be really surprised to see an X-Men cartoon that features the Jean/Scott/Logan living arrangements .

Jean was called "Mrs. Grey" on Krakoa. The Sinister Secrets say she's married. And she lives on the Summers House, has dinner with Scott's family, Scott planned a vacation with her and their kids. I wouldn't even say we need confirmation that she's with Scott, we would need something to say she isn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean was called "Mrs. Grey" on Krakoa. The Sinister Secrets say she's married. And she lives on the Summers House, has dinner with Scott's family, Scott planned a vacation with her and their kids. I wouldn't say we need confirmation that she's with Scott, we would need something to say she isn't.
    They both held their hands during GSXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I strongly approve of this. Polyamory is a concept that remains misunderstood and viewed as strange or disgusting by a lot of the general public. Providing positive representation for poly relationships fits in well with the x-men's history of breaking boundaries and defying negative stereotypes.
    I was going to write something similar... but you did a far better job so... "Yeah, what Dipter said."

The fact that so many people on this forum that are tolerant and accepting in other ways are so resistant to this lifestyle choice just proves that it's perhaps very much a necessary boundary to push against.

Ultimate Member

As I understand it, polyamory is a relationship between *three* (or more, rarely) adults.

Until I get some impression that Scott and Logan are banging, this is 'Jean has two boyfriends.' Not polyamory.

So far, what I'm seeing isn't a triad. It's a V.

Extraordinary Member

If only they had this back during the Utopia era. There wouldn’t have been a Schism, just jism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As I understand it, polyamory is a relationship between *three* (or more, rarely) adults.

Until I get some impression that Scott and Logan are banging, this is 'Jean has two boyfriends.' Not polyamory.

To be fair, i'm almost sure that Scott is also sleeping with Emma and that Logan will have a thing with that vampire hunter from his solo.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Don't open relationships count as poly too? I'm not sure actually.

But even then, Logan lives on the same house as them, with the whole bedrooms thing and Scott has even invited him into their family vacations. I'd say it's definetely a throuple, even if they might not ever show Scott/Logan kissing or having sex.

BANNED

Now we just need to see "Scott in a speedo" to make Logan bang him lol

Plus, I mean........ the 90s situation wasn’t consensual nonmonogamy but I’ll be damned if I would call whatever that love triangle was monogamous

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be really surprised to see an X-Men cartoon that features the Jean/Scott/Logan living arrangements .
    They barely acknowledge gay people so I can see Disney going the “b-but the children will be confused ” route.

Polyamory is just the act of having multiple, consensual partners. All parties don’t have to be involved but they can be. But even if Scogan wasn’t happening, Cyclops still has a pretty casual relationship with Emma.

Incredible Member

I love it! Within the context of when it's appropriate. I want to see some poly but don't want to ONLY see poly. I want to see a mix of strong healthy beautiful poly and mono relationships.

Mighty Member

I voted no. It's an especially hard no now that I seen what an open marriage has done to will smith and Jadas son Jaden. You can see how bad that messed up that kid. I think people who vote for it probably think about it in terms of the characters and don't care what kind of long lasting fucked up mental issues it causes to group dynamics. SOMEONE ALWAYS CATCHES FEELINGS AND DESTROYS THE WHOLE GROUP DYNAMIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If only they had this back during the Utopia era. There wouldn’t have been a Schism, just jism.
    This is the best argument for a like button in the forums I’ve ever seen lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.