View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Are you saying this will have a weird affect on Kid Cable or Rachel? Because I think we’re past that point of this having impact on their lives.
    Children not having any effect on them seeing their parents in an open relationship that they never were before, says to me that those parents and children did not have a good relationship.

It SHOULD affect them. The fact that it isn't, tells me what a joke this polyamory crap is. They've not thought this through, they're basically making memes and innuendos canon. They have no idea how to handle this properly and they're not even attempting it(not that it's really possible with these characters, but holy hell, even most fanfictions have better development than this).

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I thought of Steven Universe but...Garnet's fusion is between two gems.
    They only fuse multiple gems when the battles specifically calls for a stronger fusion.
    Yeah Garnet wouldn’t count but I was thinking of Flourite.

Yes Flourite is definitely polyamory representation.

Garnet was kind of an open relationship because her fusions with Amethyst and Pearl had a sensual/sexual feel to them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Polyamory

They also give the example of Pearl, Rose and Greg, back when Rose was alive.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ahhh...Flourite. Yes. Definitely.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ahhh...Flourite. Yes. Definitely.
    Loveeee them

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yes Flourite is definitely polyamory representation.

Garnet was kind of an open relationship because her fusions with Amethyst and Pearl had a sensual/sexual feel to them.
    lmaooooo remember when Pearl covered Stevens eyes when Garnet and Amethyst were fusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Polyamory

They also give the example of Pearl, Rose and Greg, back when Rose was alive.
    Ohhhh ykw you’re right. It even says she had other casual loves beyond Pearl and Greg.

I'm neutral on it.
    Having said that...
    I'm here for canon Scott/Logan, Jean/Emma, and Scott/Jean/Emma/Logan while Storm doms them. If you're gonna go in, go ALL in, Hickman!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Loveeee them

lmaooooo remember when Pearl covered Stevens eyes when Garnet and Amethyst were fusing.

And that's how Nicki Minaj was born.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm neutral on it.
    Having said that...
    I'm here for canon Scott/Logan, Jean/Emma, and Scott/Jean/Emma/Logan while Storm doms them. If you're gonna go in, go ALL in, Hickman!
    galaxy brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

And that's how Nicki Minaj was born.
    Birth is a beautiful thing

yup. here for it. all the way. Love is not always sexual, monogamous, or even label-able. As readers of the x-men we've accepted things much stranger than this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I voted no. It's an especially hard no now that I seen what an open marriage has done to will smith and Jadas son Jaden. You can see how bad that messed up that kid. I think people who vote for it probably think about it in terms of the characters and don't care what kind of long lasting fucked up mental issues it causes to group dynamics. SOMEONE ALWAYS CATCHES FEELINGS AND DESTROYS THE WHOLE GROUP DYNAMIC.
    im just gonna sit here and hope that you aren't using "messed up" as a substitute for "gender nonconforming"

Disapprove. No doors for Logan, Jean and Cyke shouldn`t be the main question for X-Men #1. I need better stories.

Yup at that point is wasn’t consensual so I wouldn’t even really call it an open relationship, but I don’t feel like the X-Men ever engaged in strict monogamy.
    I think they did as much as any other Superhero team with a lot of inner-team dating did.
    uhhhhhhhh I think prolly only Steven Universe but they can get away with it cause of the plausible deniability of what “fusion” actually is.
    Steven Universe and it's subtext .

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Disapprove. No doors for Logan, Jean and Cyke shouldn`t be the main question for X-Men #1. I need better stories.
    That was a gossip and it's on us that we all focused on that. X-Men #1 introduced the Vault plot, gave us some nice Polaris/Magneto moments and it created the setup for New Mutants.

Polyamory has not been the focus, it's just a a fan tidbit.
    Last edited by Veitha; 07-13-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Children not having any effect on them seeing their parents in an open relationship that they never were before, says to me that those parents and children did not have a good relationship.

It SHOULD affect them. The fact that it isn't, tells me what a joke this polyamory crap is. They've not thought this through, they're basically making memes and innuendos canon. They have no idea how to handle this properly and they're not even attempting it(not that it's really possible with these characters, but holy hell, even most fanfictions have better development than this).
    But Rachel is an adult and Cable is definitely not an average teenager.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Depends on how it's written cuz I ain't here for shipping BS.

What the hell is "strict monogamy"?
    "Cable was right!"