View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books! OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Would it be fair to characterize this stance as you being against polyamory full stop?
    Or is it more about the narrative that you are consuming (i.e. a character having off-screen romantic relationships undercuts the on-screen romances being actively developed)?
    Plain and simple they took the fun out of messing with Jott fans or them messing with me. The arguments or conversation end when someone says they are all sleeping together.

I am okay open relationships, but now something else needs to get my attention and that mean the story better be damn good.
    Last edited by DianaWw; 07-13-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they did as much as any other Superhero team with a lot of inner-team dating did.
    Ermmm like who?

Steven Universe and it's subtext .
    Flourite was explicitly a romantic relationship involving six gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Depends on how it's written cuz I ain't here for shipping BS.

What the hell is "strict monogamy"?
    Monogamy but strict, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    But Rachel is an adult and Cable is definitely not an average teenager.
    I didn't know only teenagers get affected when a big facet of their parents' life changes. "Hey my mom's banging some other dude besides my dad. But whatever, I'm 18+."

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    galaxy brain.
    Well, the thought made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Plain and simple they took the fun out of messing with Jott fans or them messing with me. The arguments or conversation end when someone says they are all sleeping together.

I am okay open relationships, but now something else needs to get my attention and that mean the story better be damn good.
    I mean, thank God. We've had Scemma vs Jott debates since Morrison.
    Last edited by Veitha; 07-13-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I guess neutral. Nothing wrong with it, but if it's going to be a thing in the comics, it should have been more developed. There seems to be at least one concrete thing going on, but everything still seems vague and open to different interpretations (to some degree) as to who is with who. Maybe things will be clarified down the line, but something this major should have been handled more delicately. In my opinion at least.

As for the four/three it's currently implied for, I don't think it fits them either (at least without very good explanation) but that's an entirely different conversation and something that I just view from my own perspective. Others seem to be enjoying it and that's fine
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I didn't know only teenagers get affected when a big facet of their parents' life changes. "Hey my mom's banging some other dude besides my dad. But whatever, I'm 18+."
    I'm told there's an entire genre of films based on related premises.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

If Cardinal Nightcrawler does not disapprove, then it isn’t immoral in the mutant religion.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Well, the thought made me smile.
    wait no i meant that in a good way king

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    wait no i meant that in a good way king
    Gotcha. I had to Google 'galaxy brain' and it said the meaning had turned from 'good' to 'insult'.
    I must admit that confused me since I can't see how anyone could hate the idea of Storminatrix.

It’s basically.. Jean has two boyfriends. That’s not Polyamory. Until we see Wolverine and Cyclops *******....It isn’t Polyamory. Jean is married to Scott and...******* Logan on the side. I don’t like it but that’s the canon right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I mean Jean hasn't even really acknowledged Rachel as her daughter or had a mother/daughter relationship with her on paper lol.

Kid Cable has lived in an apocalyptic future, he won't have mine or yours point of view on this kind of things.

If we see deeper, all of the people involved haven't had a common human life that would allow us to put ourselves in their position. They've been merged with cosmic entities, they've been dead and now they live in a deathless society. They're probably tired of monogamy after having gone through all of that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    If Cardinal Nightcrawler does not disapprove, then it isn’t immoral in the mutant religion.
    Yep. Exactly.

And keep in mind this is the guy who banged his sister.

Krakoa rocks!!!
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-13-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Gotcha. I had to Google 'galaxy brain' and it said the meaning had turned from 'good' to 'insult'.
    I must admit that confused me since I can't see how anyone could hate the idea of Storminatrix.
    I like Storminatrix...but only in very selective circumstances.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!