View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I voted no. It's an especially hard no now that I seen what an open marriage has done to will smith and Jadas son Jaden. You can see how bad that messed up that kid. I think people who vote for it probably think about it in terms of the characters and don't care what kind of long lasting fucked up mental issues it causes to group dynamics. SOMEONE ALWAYS CATCHES FEELINGS AND DESTROYS THE WHOLE GROUP DYNAMIC.
    Are you saying this will have a weird affect on Kid Cable or Rachel? Because I think we’re past that point of this having impact on their lives.

Kid Cable is already having throuple dates with Pixie and Armor. And he’s dating all 5 Cuckoos at the same time.

I’m looking forward to seeing Rachel’s relationships.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-13-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The (type of) relationship does not imply that all partners involved have to have sex with each other. People can have committed loving relationships without being sexual.

Scott is involved with Emma and sleeping with Jean who's sleeping with Logan. Logan and Scott and Jean and Emma don't have to sleep with each other to "fit" the definition.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I think we’ll see Scott and Emma ahem interacting too, we probably would have by now, if not for the hiatus.
    And I’ll be very surprised if Logan doesn’t have a ‘relationship of the week’ with random female guests in his solo book.
    and there’s the small matter of best friends that you’d die with, no one can take my OTP away from me, indeed Hickman is making it easier than ever.

I voted disapprove. I dont want it at all but my reaction now that it appears to be a thing is more of a neutral stance

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I think we’ll see Scott and Emma ahem interacting too, we probably would have by now, if not for the hiatus.
    And I’ll be very surprised if Logan doesn’t have a ‘relationship of the week’ with random female guests in his solo book.
    and there’s the small matter of best friends that you’d die with, no one can take my OTP away from me, indeed Hickman is making it easier than ever.
    I think that the next Cable issue might give us some Scemma since they're appearing.

Scott telling Emma that he lives to serve in X-Men/FF was enough of a tease for me. I like that he does kinky stuff with Emma.

I voted no. It's an especially hard no now that I seen what an open marriage has done to will smith and Jadas son Jaden. You can see how bad that messed up that kid. I think people who vote for it probably think about it in terms of the characters and don't care what kind of long lasting fucked up mental issues it causes to group dynamics. SOMEONE ALWAYS CATCHES FEELINGS AND DESTROYS THE WHOLE GROUP DYNAMIC.
    Jada and Will's relationship isn't being written by a comic book writer.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Scott and Maddie's marriage was also between consenting adults. It didn't make Scott look like an unhealthy obsessed man towards his dead girlfriend at all.

People need to stop throwing "consenting adults" argument around like it means whatever happens after that makes sense or is good.
    Thank you.
    At this point I don't take any of the relationship between any of the x men seriously.
    I will not invest in Scott and Emma when I know he is with other woman and not just with Jean and Emma.

That...... wasn’t polyamory. Will and Jada separated but stayed together in a marriage as life partners for their kids. And Jaden isn’t anymore screwed up than literally any other Hollywood kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Plus, I mean........ the 90s situation wasn’t consensual nonmonogamy but I’ll be damned if I would call whatever that love triangle was monogamous

Scott doesn't look completely happy with it though.
    They barely acknowledge gay people so I can see Disney going the “b-but the children will be confused ” route.
    Is there a kids cartoon that depicts polyamory?

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Thank you.
    At this point I don't take any of the relationship between any of the x men seriously.
    I will not invest in Scott and Emma when I know he is with other woman and not just with Jean and Emma.
    Would it be fair to characterize this stance as you being against polyamory full stop?
    Or is it more about the narrative that you are consuming (i.e. a character having off-screen romantic relationships undercuts the on-screen romances being actively developed)?
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

She-Ra and I believe Steven Universe.

He was a square back then, Morrison unsquare him

Also, is there even any sort of media that shows poly relationships, the closest i can think is Black Sails with the James/Thomas/Miranda dynamic.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That...... wasn’t polyamory. Will and Jada separated but stayed together in a marriage as life partners for their kids. And Jaden isn’t anymore screwed up than literally any other Hollywood kid.
    Jaden and Willow look pretty chill to me.

And yes Will and Jada weren't in a polyamorous relationship, it was all an entanglement
    Last edited by Veitha; 07-13-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Yup at that point is wasn’t consensual so I wouldn’t even really call it an open relationship, but I don’t feel like the X-Men ever engaged in strict monogamy.

uhhhhhhhh I think prolly only Steven Universe but they can get away with it cause of the plausible deniability of what “fusion” actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Jaden and Will look pretty chill to me.

And yes Will and Jada weren't in a polyamorous relationship, it was all an entanglement
    hhehehhehehhehh

I thought of Steven Universe but...Garnet's fusion is between two gems.
    They only fuse multiple gems when the battles specifically calls for a stronger fusion...not because they romantically love each other.