Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
I'm not personally into polyamory, but I think this is an interesting twist to the grueling, tired love square between Emma/Jean/Scott/Logan and is kind of a cool idea for a newly liberated 'mutant culture'.
Agreed, though my wife and I have dabbled in polyamory. We’ve been married awhile and had a few girlfriends over the years. Two of them were people we knew and were friends with before, and the last was a new friend from the gym. In all cases it just kind of fizzed out or lost its luster I guess over time. Like it was a fun phase or something and then it was over. In all cases we also still maintain our friendships with those women to this day. The first one we are still very close with, and she’s now married with kids of her own. My wife and I are still very much in love and have never been closer, and at this phase of our life are totally monogamous again... of course, if the right person came along you never know.

But, point being, I can not only relate to the polyamory, but I also root for it simply because it finally puts an end to the monotonous triangles we’ve had for decades in Scott-Jean-Logan and Jean-Scott-Emma. If this means we’re finally moving on from that, I’m so here for it. I don’t care if it’s just two pairings now, with Scott and Emma together and Logan and Jean together, or if it’s a true polyamory thing. Just so long as we don’t have to deal with the manufactured drama of a love triangle anymore. That **** was tired and played out many years ago IMO.