View Poll Results: How do you feel about Polyamory in the X-books?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Approve - Yes, Please!

112 43.58%
  • Neutral - Polyamory is fine, but doesn't seem to fit established characters / relationships.

98 38.13%
  • Strongly Disapprove - Keep it away from my books!

47 18.29%
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Lol this forum is one of the few places I can be honest about such things, without being Jewshamed by my family members.
    Rock on Shadowcat!!!!

I’m married, and my husband enjoys watching other men have sex with me, so I guess I’m okay with it.

definitely the most taken aback I've been by a post on here. big respect, not everyone has a strong enough bond to have that kind of open relationship. takes a lot of love and self-security. kudos to your marriage dude
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I’m married, and my husband enjoys watching other men .have sex with me,, so I guess I’m okay with it.
    MEE-OW!

nice...
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

definitely the most taken aback I've been by a post on here. big respect, not everyone has a strong enough bond to have that kind of open relationship. takes a lot of love and self-security. kudos to your marriage dude
    Shadowcat is she

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think it is really stupid and makes the characters indifferent of monogamy. There are a lot of kids reading these books as well. But not only a moral issue (I can put that aside), but it makes the characters slutty, not loyal and focuses to much on sex itself. I read the X-Men for the hero-stuff, about the world that hates and fears them, about straight, gay and interracial relationships, about the drama, betrayal, being good or bad, fighting for justice, good reasoning why villains became who they are and so on. But sharing partners in bed? Nahhhh, one step to far for me.
    Are there so many kids reading these books? It’s much more expensive than decades ago…
    I think polyamory in X-men books is just a cheap way to deal with romantic relationships… and to increase the weirdness of Krakoa.
    But if there is just that and not ‘monogamous love stories’ too… it lessens the variety of X-men universe.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Shadowcat is she
    my use of dude is gender neutral, nobody says dudette.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-17-2020 at 01:42 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Oh, absolutely. I’m not even going to say Storm, because polyamory is one of her defining character traits. Colossus is one, Magma, Cypher, Betsy, Domino, Longshot, Gambit, Marrow, Callisto, Emma, both Shaw’s, the younger generations, Aurora (not the Jean-Marie personality), Dazzler, so many options.
    The younger generations?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    According to Jewish law, it's the "religion" that is passed down through the mother, so if a Jewish male marries a Chinese or Nigerian female, their children would be mixed race and not considered Jewish. So, while race and ethnicity share an ideology of common ancestry, they differ in several ways. First of all, race is primarily unitary. You can only have one race, while you can claim multiple ethnic affiliations. You can identify ethnically as Irish and Polish, but you have to be essentially either "Negroid/Black", "Caucasian/White", "Mongolian/Yellow", "American/Red" or "Malayan/Brown". That said, I can't see how Raven (powerless) can be anything other than a Caucasian White woman.
    First of all if it was just religion, falasha Jews would not be moving to Israel as they could easily build synagogues in Ethiopia,second genes matter whether you want to admit it or not, tell that to anyone with Familial Dysautonomia. If you find it convenient to identify people by colour as one homogenous group, that's your prerogative

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    my use of dude is gender neutral, nobody says dudette.
    I say it a few times.....
    GrindrStone(D)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The younger generations?
    Younger kids, Gen X, New X-Men, etc. Studies show that people are more open to polyamorous relationships than older people.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Shadowcat is she
    Kitty is, I’m not
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    First of all if it was just religion, falasha Jews would not be moving to Israel as they could easily build synagogues in Ethiopia,
    second genes matter whether you want to admit it or not, tell that to anyone with Familial Dysautonomia. If you find it convenient to identify people by colour as one homogenous group, that's your prerogative
    Ethiopia - African Synagogues

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Are there so many kids reading these books? It’s much more expensive than decades ago…
    I think polyamory in X-men books is just a cheap way to deal with romantic relationships… and to increase the weirdness of Krakoa.
    But if there is just that and not ‘monogamous love stories’ too… it lessens the variety of X-men universe.
    I think bringing up the think about the kids argument is strange in itself, I mean even when we talk only about the quadruple there have been so many story-lines of a similar vein with them over the years - Jean & Logan's purely sexual attraction to each other, Emma / Scott psychic affair, Madelyne pretending to be Emma having psychic sex with Scott etc. Basically the only difference I see is that this time around it's not just about a hetero relationship between two people but one that involves multiple people - who are participating willingly and seem genuinely happy with the situation - and that potentially has a queer aspect to it.

That's why I voted strongly approve, I don't really expect it to last beyond Hickman, but I think it a refreshing take on a relationship between four people who have pretty much all previously shown that they're not very good at monogamy.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    True... But, as I'm a Black African-American I have to somewhat accept the choices as printed on the 2020 US census form which I just happen to have handy

Yeah, that was my slightly snarky dig as America; not it’s citizens, who as you so aptly can demonstrate, have no choice in the outdated language (and stereotypes) still being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Mystique was born around Austria. She does originate from Europe. I think you are making this overly complicated. She is not intended to be middle eastern and there is nothing in the books that support that. her non-blue form doesnt look much different than Jean Grey, Black Widow or Firestar
    It’s moot point anyway; even if both his parents were white, Kurt didn’t get any privileges from his parentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It’s moot point anyway; even if both his parents were white, Kurt didn’t get any privileges from his parentage.
    Well he got the privilege of not being a stacked minority :/
    GrindrStone(D)