Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly. Hence my suggestion of a list.

We already have to make a lot of accommodations, trying to justify the discrepancies between prequel-era stuff and original trilogy. Is it really wise to let creators keep doing whatever they want, even if that threatens to add more discrepancies the franchise will have to work around and make excuses for?
    Basically genre fiction in a nutshell .

All-New Member

One more season and then I predict we get a live version of Omega in one of the Disney+ shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Basically genre fiction in a nutshell .
    Precisely.

Rumor is the two new dark siders we saw in the Ashoka trailer are, of course, Jedi who survived Order 66.

So how many survivors have we met, just in the last year or so? Reva, that Wookie Padawan the Bad Batch took back to Kashyyyk, Jude Law's character in Skeleton Crew (according to rumor), Beq (who saved Grogu from the temple), there's the nameless Jedi who Kenobi refused to help who got killed by Inquisitors, if we want to count him. With these two new dark siders that's maybe a half dozen, just in the last year.

And I'm not counting the dozens of Jedi that Kenobi found frozen in the Inquisitor HQ, who may or may not have been alive.

Is this not getting out of hand already? How is a limit a bad thing on this?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Why only three seasons?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Precisely.

Rumor is the two new dark siders we saw in the Ashoka trailer are, of course, Jedi who survived Order 66.

So how many survivors have we met, just in the last year or so? Reva, that Wookie Padawan the Bad Batch took back to Kashyyyk, Jude Law's character in Skeleton Crew (according to rumor), Beq (who saved Grogu from the temple), there's the nameless Jedi who Kenobi refused to help who got killed by Inquisitors, if we want to count him. With these two new dark siders that's maybe a half dozen, just in the last year.

And I'm not counting the dozens of Jedi that Kenobi found frozen in the Inquisitor HQ, who may or may not have been alive.

Eh, I always thought the idea that there were no jedi left to be lame so it doesn't bother me in the least. I can buy maybe no jedi masters remaining but I always figured there were plenty of lesser talented jedi who just went into hiding and turned their backs on the galaxy.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, I always thought the idea that there were no jedi left to be lame so it doesn't bother me in the least. I can buy maybe no jedi masters remaining but I always figured there were plenty of lesser talented jedi who just went into hiding and turned their backs on the galaxy.
    I think as long as pretty much most of them are dead and gone it's still effective.

How much more material can the Order 66 Super Cut get though ?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Without doubt there were dozens, if not hundreds, of Jedi who survived the initial purge. Jedi who were out for a quiet dinner at a nice restaurant, or flying a fighter alone to the next battlefield, or ones who managed to evade the clone troopers when they turned. Even after years of war there were still a lot of Jedi out there, not all of them would've been caught immediately.

And we know enough Jedi escaped that first night to keep the Inquisitors happily hunting for the next nine/ten years.

But it's one thing to know, intellectually, that dozens/hundreds of Jedi survived the initial 66 attack, and another thing to meet all of them. There were...thousands?....of Jedi during the Clone Wars but we didn't know all of them. Likewise, there should be dozens/hundreds of 66 survivors but we don't need to know all of them either.

The more survivors we meet, the less it feels like genocide, and I'm not comfortable with genocide denial, even in fiction and in a non-direct "here's someone else who lived!" form like this.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Precisely.

Well, since his name was in Kenobi, and if his Legends lore was kept, Rahm Kota would be another, but his would be unique. He never trusted clones, so recruited and trained his own forces during the Clone Wars (highly effective when used), and later turned to guerrilla tactics after the Clone Wars. With his militia forces remaining steadfastly loyal to him.

We did get a version of the Horn family in Obi-Wan; Hal's Jedi name is listed on the wall and there's a boy named Corran who might be his son.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth