Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

BTW the concept art confirms that the mountain seen at the end is Mount Tantiss from Wayland, a key location from the original Thrawn trilogy.

Wonder if this might eventually mean we'll get a Disney canon version of C'Baoth? Maybe go with Zahn's original idea, which was to have a crazy Obi-Wan clone.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    BTW the concept art confirms that the mountain seen at the end is Mount Tantiss from Wayland, a key location from the original Thrawn trilogy.

Wonder if this might eventually mean we'll get a Disney canon version of C'Baoth? Maybe go with Zahn's original idea, which was to have a crazy Obi-Wan clone.
    With a bigger role for Thrawn forth coming I wouldn't be surprised if we saw this tie into him especially as the way things ended up with him at Rebel's finale would lead up to a fun way to re-imagine Zahn's original Thrawn story as taking place post-return of the Jedi once again.

I think the mountain also held a cloaking device, although I think those have been fairly ill-defined in Star Wars compared to Star Trek.

Then again, what Thrawn did in the trilogy wasn't so much because of the technology itself but how he used it (hiding TIEs in "empty" cargo ships, fake asteroids, making it appear as though ships were able to pierce planetary shields by having cloaked ships under the shield fire at the same time as visible ships above the shield etc)

Mighty Member

If they do it, I'd bet good money the clone will be of Ezra.

I do find it interesting that they have all of this world building from the Thrawn trilogy in place, and he's apparently appearing in the Ahsoka series. Which, assuming it is concurrent with The Mandalorian in the timeline, would be right about the same time period when the Legends Thrawn trilogy took place. That seems too serendipitous to be purely coincidental.

Whatever happened to cloning the Zillo Beast...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

I do find it interesting that they have all of this world building from the Thrawn trilogy in place, and he's apparently appearing in the Ahsoka series. Which, assuming it is concurrent with The Mandalorian in the timeline, would be right about the same time period when the Legends Thrawn trilogy took place. That seems too serendipitous to be purely coincidental.
    It definitely seems planned, and it's a great idea as it allowed them to have their cake and eat it too. By re-introducing him earlier in continuity it not only gave them a competent Vader level threat for Rebels but it also allowed them to build up his character prior to make the eventual adaptation of the original novels feel all the more powerful.

I don't think we'll get it, but I'd love an animated version of the original Thrawn trilogy, it would be like getting the sequel trilogy we all wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

Kind of funny, the sequel trilogy takes place around the same time Ben/Kylo's LEGENDS counterpart, Jacen, goes to the dark side.

Extraordinary Member

Kind of funny, the sequel trilogy takes place around the same time Ben/Kylo's LEGENDS counterpart, Jacen, goes to the dark side.
    Even more bizarrely, the same series with Jacen going dark *also* saw the “middle” creator, someone who elsewhere showed they had immense talent and consistency in qualitative, undermine and go against the work of the other creators by being distracted by their own shiny toy and mild contempt for conventional Star Wars storytelling at the time.

Also interestingly, the “shiny toy” that time were the “Mandalorians 1.0” that Lucas would effectively retcon with his “Mandalorians 2.0” before Filoni and Favreau condensed them into their current “3.0” form.

Filoni is definitely trying to make sure all his series and stories from the same 40 year time period work together, which I love. Right now I’m half expecting Omega to show up in The Book Of Boba Fett.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Filoni is definitely trying to make sure all his series and stories from the same 40 year time period work together, which I love. Right now I’m half expecting Omega to show up in The Book Of Boba Fett.
    I've been thinking we'd see adult Omega there. I wonder if she'll meet Boba in this show.

I'd cast Keisha Castle Hughes (She was the current Queen of Naboo in Episode III, but had a lot of makeup and was on screen for a few seconds) although she isn't quite the right age, neither is Morrison who is 20 years older than Fett (Of course the Sarlacc scars help hide that). Star Wars has never really been that consistent with actors playing their age anyway....

Curiously Temura did have a real life sister with blond hair, although she wasn't an actress but a Haka singer/dancer. (She died in 2009).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-24-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Omega looks older. There must be a few year time skip between seasons. That would be a shame as I like to see more of the Republic's transition into becoming the Empire.

Niffleheim

Maybe there are going to have some flashback episodes.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-29-2022 at 05:26 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

The new color on their armors is interesting. Kind of reminds me of Cody.

Echo lecturing Hunter? Is he finally going to bring something to this team .

Palpatine!

Are those Republic Commandos actual Clones or regular soldiers?

Older Omega is surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Omega looks older. There must be a few year time skip between seasons. That would be a shame as I like to see more of the Republic's transition into becoming the Empire.
    It looks like that's exactly what we're seeing, that shot of Palpatine addressing the senate looks pretty pretty early in the Empire.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!