Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder how Tarkin ever worked under the Republic and not the separatists. The latter seems more up his alley.

If Crosshair is the villain Filoni has really shot himself in the foot.

Crosshair was the team's cool dark badass. Everything from the low pitched voice to the toothpick screams this. He also has the best weapon and uses it in the coolest ways.
    Nobody wants to see this guy losing. Get the chip out of his head and then get him back on the team.

If you need someone to hunt them down, let it be Cody.

The Omega character feels like a total misfire to me. At best she is a super clone, which is kind of lame. At worst she is a clone with force abilities which just reminds me of the awful sequel trilogy. Plus we have are just coming off the "hardened man becomes a father" thing in the Mandalorian, too soon.

By the way how weird was it seeing a young Caleb with a full grown Freddie Prinze Jr voice coming out of him?! Prinze is a great voice actor, but not that great of a voice actor.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    When was the last time battledroids seemed like a threat? In the shows of course not, they're kids shows and can't kill the heroes be it that they show up in another thing and or the nature of the show itself prevents seeing that.

Overall you'll find way more success because they aren't bound by being kids shows. The heroes can't die so it's no sense putting them in danger which causes people to play up the incompetence especially when it's for media that will be consumed by children.

Hell for it even being commented on in The Force Unleashed, the Stormtroopers in that have sheer balls to just run up to Starkiller and beat them with their own weapon when all else fails. Like if they're going to be depicted as bad shots than that game (though they're not in that) picked up the slack by sheer determination to get the job done which can easily overwhelm the player. Sure the bad guys have to loose, but it's just playing up the goofs on film and not understanding an ANH plot point.
    At least Battle Droids occasionally killed or shot a Clone, even if it wasn't that often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If Crosshair is the villain Filoni has really shot himself in the foot.

Crosshair was the team's cool dark badass. Everything from the low pitched voice to the toothpick screams this. He also has the best weapon and uses it in the coolest ways.
    Nobody wants to see this guy losing. Get the chip out of his head and then get him back on the team.

If you need someone to hunt them down, let it be Cody.

The Omega character feels like a total misfire to me. At best she is a super clone, which is kind of lame. At worst she is a clone with force abilities which just reminds me of the awful sequel trilogy. Plus we have are just coming off the "hardened man becomes a father" thing in the Mandalorian, too soon.

By the way how weird was it seeing a young Caleb with a full grown Freddie Prinze Jr voice coming out of him?! Prinze is a great voice actor, but not that great of a voice actor.
    I wonder if we're ever going to find out what happened to Cody.

And yeah, I liked hearing Freddie as Caleb again, but he really strained himself voicing a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder how Tarkin ever worked under the Republic and not the separatists. The latter seems more up his alley.
    There's actually a chapter in the Tarkin novel where Dooku tempts Tarkin with this (which, naturally, is also Palpatine testing Tarkin) before the war.

The novel also implies that Tarkin has his own guesses about the true purpose of the war and the Empire, as well as Vader's identity, but he mostly keeps this to himself.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-08-2021 at 11:21 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

I think the answer would be that he would find that the alien businessmen on top of the public food chain wouldn’t suit his desires or needs. I think he’s genuinely a human supremacist, and an oligarchy based off military officers and bureaucrats seems more up his alley than a business one.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we're ever going to find out what happened to Cody.
    He would have been a great antagonist and allowed the team to keep their coolest member. Tech is the only member of the team that is actually interesting visually and has some really good lines "we're more deviant than defective". Echo has his moments but Wrecker and Hunter are boring. Hunter's entire gimmick is that he looks like Rambo.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The creatives likely wanted the villain to be personal to the Bad Batch which is why they chose Crosshair. Honestly, the guy was a major ******* before order 66 took him over. I can easily buy him as a villain.

The creatives likely wanted the villain to be personal to the Bad Batch which is why they chose Crosshair. Honestly, the guy was a major ******* before order 66 took him over. I can easily buy him as a villain.
    Sometimes a badass acts like an ass. Without him the team feels incomplete, the chemistry lacking. I'm hoping the writers come to their senses and not waste too many episodes before getting the chip out.

Mighty Member

Sometimes a badass acts like an ass. Without him the team feels incomplete, the chemistry lacking. I'm hoping the writers come to their senses and not waste too many episodes before getting the chip out.
    Conversely, all the reasons you think he's "cool" render him the most likely to be an actual threat to the rest and are precisely why he was chosen as the villain.

Crosshair poses problems for the rest that none of the others could. Not to mention that his asshat loner vibe is just shy of the sadistic professional archtype that they are now leaning into.

Frankly, the other membets of 99 are too genuinely likable to fill his role. Crosshair is the only one who reaches for those "love to hate" vibes. I could see them using Hunter in that capacity as well, but then who is your "balanced and capable" lead?

I would also stipulate that the team feeling incomplete without Crosshair means the creatives have done their job well. They SHOULD feel that way, missing a man.

I expect rescuing Crosshair to end up being a fairly major story beat here. I also expect it to go very, very badly.

There's the CBR theory that he's some sort of prototype for the Deathtroopers.

Probably reading too much into his obvious Clint Eastwood model, but part of the Man With No Name is that he often tried to play both sides for suckers (Based of course on the Ronin in Yojimbo, of course).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Conversely, all the reasons you think he's "cool" render him the most likely to be an actual threat to the rest and are precisely why he was chosen as the villain.

Crosshair poses problems for the rest that none of the others could. Not to mention that his asshat loner vibe is just shy of the sadistic professional archtype that they are now leaning into.

Frankly, the other membets of 99 are too genuinely likable to fill his role. Crosshair is the only one who reaches for those "love to hate" vibes. I could see them using Hunter in that capacity as well, but then who is your "balanced and capable" lead?

I would also stipulate that the team feeling incomplete without Crosshair means the creatives have done their job well. They SHOULD feel that way, missing a man.

I expect rescuing Crosshair to end up being a fairly major story beat here. I also expect it to go very, very badly.
    Or all the reasons I listed it's why you don't use him as the villain. You wouldn't take Wolverine (The real one, not X-23) off the X-Men to use him as the full time villain. You don't take Raphael off the ninja turtles.

Or all the reasons I listed it's why you don't use him as the villain. You wouldn't take Wolverine (The real one, not X-23) off the X-Men to use him as the full time villain. You don't take Raphael off the ninja turtles.
    Wreckers's kind of the Raphael, just with less brain cells.

Hunter's Leo, Tech's Donny...Echo's kind of the April, I guess? By process of elimination Omega is Mikey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wreckers's kind of the Raphael, just with less brain cells.

Hunter's Leo, Tech's Donny...Echo's kind of the April, I guess? By process of elimination Omega is Mikey.
    It's less about personality and more about being the breakout character. Oh, and you don't have Snake Eyes join Cobra

It's less about personality and more about being the breakout character. Oh, and you don't have Snake Eyes join Cobra
    Crosshair doesn't feel breakout to me. Honestly I wanted Rex to hand him his ass when the kept **** talking Echo during the recuse mission. He's the type that having a conscience is a hindrance. Dinobot he is not.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

On the other hand, I'd rather Crosshair become an actual villain. It seems lame to have him be mind controlled.