Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think there's also been a bit of confusion regarding Rogue One and the Death Star timeline as well.

Some of the Disney stuff dealing with the DS prior to Rogue One does contradict it a bit such as some parts of Tarkin and the novel Lost Stars; although it's more by omission than outright.

However it's nothing like the massive convulted Death Star history of the previous EU, which was already a bit confusing and then AOTC and ROTS threw one heck of a curveball into it. Not to mention that pretty much almost every video game, comic, and novel set around the time of Yavin had a different version of the Death Star plans being stolen. Han Solo's ex stole it, no it was Kyle Katern, no some random Rebel spy station picked it up etc etc....
    You want some flexibility in your canon, but not so much you get that kind of situation.

Admittedly, it was interesting to see how Lucas himself handled stuff from Legends on TCW. Some stuff he liked, grabbed, and just put up whole cloth, other stuff he completely disregarded or contradicted. I’m still somewhat disappointed that Ryloth didn’t remain a tidal-locked planet half burning int he sun and half frozen in the night... but I also found his version of the Mandalorian much better than the Karen Travis’s constructed ones from her books... who I found disappointing compared to the less aggravating and more cool sourcebook-sequel article that Abel G. Peña wrote about that she heavily modified or retconned,
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

iMan 42s

So new episode turns out is "I dropped the spice" part 2. Not as aggravating but I'm amazed that someone thought that the two worst characters from TCW from the single worst arc of the show needed to turn up in Bad Batch.

Again, not as aggravating as "I dropped the spice" but the two basically **** up the squad's mission the moment they arrived. Also Wrecker gets hit in the head again and now he's spouting some Order 66 stuff. An LAAT crash wont do it but a couple of hits to the face? At any rate the episode is pretty average and the appearance of the sisters is only slightly better but I wouldn't say it redeems the debut.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yea, I wasn't happy seeing the sisters again. They weren't likable in their CW arc and they still ain't here. I was annoyed that Hunter awarded them for fucking up their mission. He better have a backup copy on deck.

Also, not a fan of how Omega magically able to use her bow at the end. I actually wanted to see her workout her arms so can have the strength neccessary to effectively use it.

Seemed like some parts of the episode were a bit similar to the AOTC droid factory scene in a few ways.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

You'd think they would have realized Omega's problem was a lack of arm strength, but they're probably not used to training little girls to fight in a dive bar.

For some reason it was kind of sad seeing all those Battle Droids get smelted. Like, sure, they killed good people and were part of the Separatists, but I still kind of feel sad seeing them get done like that. I mean, even when they re-activate they have no idea what's going on and ask if they won the war. It's just kind of sad to me .

Oh look, it's everyone's favorite Clone Wars season 7 characters! And they're as likeable as ever .

Wrecker's head injuries start out a running gag until it turns out to have activated his chip. You know things are going to go downhill when he starts mumbling about "Good Soldiers..."

Clones getting saved by Battle Droids is kind of surreal.

Insinuating the Clones work for the Empire and are Imperial stooges is kind of sad knowing nobody but a few are aware of the brainwashing.

I think the implication is they're working with Bail Organa? At least that's what the robes look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You'd think they would have realized Omega's problem was a lack of arm strength, but they're probably not used to training little girls to fight in a dive bar.

For some reason it was kind of sad seeing all those Battle Droids get smelted. Like, sure, they killed good people and were part of the Separatists, but I still kind of feel sad seeing them get done like that. I mean, even when they re-activate they have no idea what's going on and ask if they won the war. It's just kind of sad to me .

Oh look, it's everyone's favorite Clone Wars season 7 characters! And they're as likeable as ever .

Wrecker's head injuries start out a running gag until it turns out to have activated his chip. You know things are going to go downhill when he starts mumbling about "Good Soldiers..."

Insinuating the Clones work for the Empire and are Imperial stooges is kind of sad knowing nobody but a few are aware of the brainwashing.

I think the implication is they're working with Bail Organa? At least that's what the robes look like.
    I'm thinking Rex.

I admit to laughing at that Echo joke more than I expected too .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm thinking Rex.
    The sisters likely wouldn't have shown surprise at clones actually being different if they were already working with a clone who was different.

And the holo sure looked to be wearing Bail-esque robes.

I think Bail is the safer bet, at this point.

I expect Rex to work his way back into this story when Wrecker's chip finally comes to a head. Dealing with Order 66 and the chips feels like a more natural angle for him than the early Rebellion. Particularly since Rex WASN'T working with the Rebels, at least that we know of, before Kanan and Ezra came calling some years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

There's actually a REBELS episode where Rex and his troops team up with leftover battle droids when they realize they have a common enemy in the Empire.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

With the sister's last appearance I'd say Ashoka makes the best bet for who's on the hologram and she was wearing all white robes in Rebels

Only problem I think is that the Ashoka novel takes place around the same time. Then again, it does end with her joining Bail....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Only problem I think is that the Ashoka novel takes place around the same time. Then again, it does end with her joining Bail....
    Eh, I wouldn't be surprised or upset if they changed that timeline a bit and this showed how she helped organize the rebel alliance.

iMan 42s

The sisters referred to the figure as "him" so we're looking for someone male (CC also does this).
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Turns out the figure the sisters were talking to was Rex. It's great seeing him again. I enjoyed this episode mostly due to his presence. I must said, the heartstrings got pulled a little bit when Wrecker succumbed to Order 66.

Rex as a leader of some proto-rebellion is pretty cool.