Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Crosshair doesn't feel breakout to me. Honestly I wanted Rex to hand him his ass when the kept **** talking Echo during the recuse mission. He's the type that having a conscience is a hindrance. Dinobot he is not.
    This. Crosshair was deeply unlikable during their Clone Wars arc, particularly when being a dick to Echo, who IS a fan favorite character.

Speaking personally, Crosshair is by far the least interesting of the Batch. Echo is already a character we know, and like. Hunter has his new "Uncle Hunter" conscience conflicting with his nature as a soldier. Wrecker is the most fun for me, because of his love of blowing stuff up and his charming, disarming affability. Tech is kind of generic, but he's got the sass to keep me interested. Crosshair is the generic *******, who we'd all punch in the face if he wasn't useful. Letting him get tragically 66'd at least makes me feel for the guy, and hope the team can rescue him even though I suspect they won't.

In short, I couldn't disagree with you more. If I was going to point to a breakout character, Wrecker is much more likely than Crosshair on account of not being an unlikable tool.

Wrecker's fun, if a little one-note, but Crosshairs was still part of that last salute at the end of the Bad Batch arc so I think there's some good in him.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Raphael or Wolverine as a part time villain actually sounds pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Raphael or Wolverine as a part time villain actually sounds pretty good to me.
    And they tend to get brainwashed too...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Didn't Raph become Shredder in the image run? So he had a villain stunt.

Didn't Raph become Shredder in the image run? So he had a villain stunt.
    He did, and it was a pretty good story.

The notion that a popular or "hot" character( and it's debatable whether Crosshairs is that) shouldn't have a heal turn simply because they're popular just seems silly to me.

If it makes for a compelling story, why not?

We can argue whether or not it would have been a better role for Cody to fill(and I'm one who's always wondered why Cody never got any time to shine simply because I love his name) but that's sort of besides the point and has no bearing on whether Crosshairs as a bad guy works or not.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 05-09-2021 at 08:42 AM.

He did, and it was a pretty good story.

The notion that a popular or "hot" character( and it's debatable whether Crosshairs is that) shouldn't have a heal turn simply because they're popular just seems silly to me.

If it makes for a compelling story, why not?

We can argue whether or not it would have been a better role for Cody to fill(and I'm one who's always wondered why Cody never got any time to shine simply because I love his name) but that's sort of besides the point and has no bearing on whether Crosshairs as a bad guy works or not.
    Supposedly it's because he turns on Obi-Wan in RoTS, but that arguably made it even more of a reason to spotlight him more than the Clone Wars did.

I think Cody is probably one of the few fairly prominent prequel era characters whose post-RoTS fate is still up in the air.

(Also, Hondo is totally going to turn up at some point, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supposedly it's because he turns on Obi-Wan in RoTS, but that arguably made it even more of a reason to spotlight him more than the Clone Wars did.

I think Cody is probably one of the few fairly prominent prequel era characters whose post-RoTS fate is still up in the air.

(Also, Hondo is totally going to turn up at some point, right?)
    I'd love to see Hondo in live action

What's the chances of him showing up on Mando?

I think between Mando and Book of Boba Fett (plus his Galaxy's Edge appearance), it's probably inevitable.

He'd be pretty old but I'd get a kick out of it, and truth be told Cummings would actually be the right age to actually play him

Decent but uneventful episode. Getting to see the origin of the death troopers was the most interesting thing about this episode.

iMan 42s

I feel like this would be a better episode if Crosshair genuinely was a villain. Having his chip messed with (again ugh) kind of detracts from how horrible it is to see him gun these people down when it's not even him. Then when he's back in his room feeling bad it doesn't work because he's looking over all this and is supposed to feel sad, and the audience is supposed to feel sad, and I can only ask WHY?!

He has had no say in what he does or how he feels since episode 1. He's not feeling sad, he's just back in his own barracks. He's apparently been getting 66'd since he came back to Kamino meaning he's been back here not caring about anything beyond getting more missions and making sure he continues to get more missions. Frankly this should be an episode on him exploring what his life is like as an Imperial. Why is it we're supposed to feel bad for Imperial Crosshair. We know why we cared about him normally but if this is for all intents and purposes a different character then show us why. I swear this series is going to disable his chip and then he's going to go full Vegeta and act like nothing ever happened because god forbid Filoni let go.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I feel like this would be a better episode if Crosshair genuinely was a villain. Having his chip messed with (again ugh) kind of detracts from how horrible it is to see him gun these people down when it's not even him. Then when he's back in his room feeling bad it doesn't work because he's looking over all this and is supposed to feel sad, and the audience is supposed to feel sad, and I can only ask WHY?!

He has had no say in what he does or how he feels since episode 1. He's not feeling sad, he's just back in his own barracks. He's apparently been getting 66'd since he came back to Kamino meaning he's been back here not caring about anything beyond getting more missions and making sure he continues to get more missions. Frankly this should be an episode on him exploring what his life is like as an Imperial. Why is it we're supposed to feel bad for Imperial Crosshair. We know why we cared about him normally but if this is for all intents and purposes a different character then show us why. I swear this series is going to disable his chip and then he's going to go full Vegeta and act like nothing ever happened because god forbid Filoni let go.
    I interpreted the scene in the barracks as Crosshair missing the old crew and not reflecting on what he did. The scene made it clear the death troopers are occupying Bad Batch former barracks. Bad Batch themselves found themselves missing him too at the start of the episode. So the feeling is mutual between both parties.

I expect the next time they cross paths for crosshair to try to convince them to join the fold.

iMan 42s

The people he missed whom he was gladly shooting at before this. I get that Wrecker might not think anything of it given he can take a hit and is a bit on the dimwitted side but Echo didn't sound too happy about him and Hunter was dancing around whether he should even care that Crosshair was a friend.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.