Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New Disney+ animated series: The Bad Batch

The series will of course feature the team from Clone Wars but will take place after the Clone Wars, presumably during the early Empire era, with the Clones becoming a mercenary squad.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I was wondering about what happened to the Bad Batch after Order 66.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The series will of course feature the team from Clone Wars but will take place after the Clone Wars, presumably during the early Empire era, with the Clones becoming a mercenary squad.
    Wow, they are reallyyyyy trying to stay away from the sequel trilogy aren't they?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I enjoyed them in Clone Wars, and it would be cool to see more of the Clone Trooper/Storm Trooper transition, so I'll watch it. But what does a guy have to do to get some pre-Phantom Menace expansion?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

There was the Resistance series that ended shortly before Rise of Skywalker, and Mandalorian is set after ROTJ and might tie into some plot threads (There's rumors of Chewbacca & Luke appearences, for example, and given the show's use of the Empire possibly some First Order stuff will eventually wind up there).

They kind of seem to be bouncing on several different eras, especially since they've got more creative freedom to fill up what's between ROTJ and TFA (In which not much happened to the main characters until Ben went bad, but other things were definetly going on).

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I enjoyed them in Clone Wars, and it would be cool to see more of the Clone Trooper/Storm Trooper transition, so I'll watch it. But what does a guy have to do to get some pre-Phantom Menace expansion?
    Well, there is that new line of books coming out. I think it's called The High Republic.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Wow, they are reallyyyyy trying to stay away from the sequel trilogy aren't they?
    There was supposed to be a follow-up with the team on Kashyyyk, parts of it did have some early animation done. So a series surrounding this makes sense to do a follow up to since it's a small cast and the heavy lifting for story direction has been done already. This is a lot easier to green light than something in the sequels.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Considering they seemed to get along well, I'm curious if this series will touch on what happened to Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Well, there is that new line of books coming out. I think it's called The High Republic.
    Meh. I have nothing against reading (being an avid reader myself) but reading a lightsaber battle isn't as fun as seeing one in motion.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering they seemed to get along well, I'm curious if this series will touch on what happened to Cody.
    Yeah, Obi-Wan didn't kill him (Although I've read this was considered in early versions of the story). There was also an abandoned Rebels concept where Thrawn would bring in Cody to face off against Rex and his fellow clones.

Niffleheim

The Bad Batch is going to be the Mission Impossible of Star Wars

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, Obi-Wan didn't kill him (Although I've read this was considered in early versions of the story). There was also an abandoned Rebels concept where Thrawn would bring in Cody to face off against Rex and his fellow clones.
    Ah man, that would have been great.

I really hope they will tie the Bad Batch with SCAR squadron somehow. Kreel's squad is Task Force 99, so there must be a link.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I really hope they will tie the Bad Batch with SCAR squadron somehow. Kreel's squad is Task Force 99, so there must be a link.
    That's my hope as well, with the focus supposedly on the transition between being clone commandos to storm troopers and their dirty dozen like similarities it really makes sense.

Is it one voice actor for all?

i.e.- Dee Bradley
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-23-2020 at 11:25 AM.