Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Is this our first space battle of this series?

Admittedly if Sid is footing the bill for a lot of the Batch's other costs, I think she's well within her right to take her own, sizeable, cut of their profits as long as she still pays them.

"That's not her ugly side?" Tech is savage. More savage than Savage Opress.

Rex! Man, I knew it was coming, but it does the heart good to see him again.

Rex understands how serious the Inhibitor Chips are and puts his hand near his blaster the moment he hears about Wrecker's headaches. When you know what he knows and have seen what he's seen, you can't really blame him.

I think it kind of sinks in for the Batch a little that they've killed their brothers, or at least the loss of Crosshairs, when Rex talks about how hard it was for him.

Rex finally brings up Fives with Echo, although it doesn't really seem to effect Echo that much. I guess Rex must've told him what happened to Fives off-screen when they rescued him so Echo already had time to process it.

All it takes is an Inhibitor Chip to turn Wrecker from a cuddly teddy bear to a frightening soldier. Seeing Wrecker so on-focus and dangerous was pretty terrifying, especially when he was this close to killing Omega.

"Oh, you made it!" Tech said that like he thought it was distinctly possible Wrecker wouldn't make it and is kind of surprised he survived.

So Rex was involved with an early Rebellion movement. We know he ends up isolated along with Gregor and Wolfe at some point, so something bad happened that made him give up the fight and leave, but I guess we might be a little ways before that happened. Was Cody involved?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

So Rex was involved with an early Rebellion movement. We know he ends up isolated along with Gregor and Wolfe at some point, so something bad happened that made him give up the fight and leave, but I guess we might be a little ways before that happened. Was Cody involved?
    If I had to guess, Rex might have dipped because he didn't want to fight his fellow clones. This early into the Rebellion the majority of the stormtroopers would be clones. I have to imagine that will take a toll on a guy who has a strong loyalty to his brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If I had to guess, Rex might have dipped because he didn't want to fight his fellow clones. This early into the Rebellion the majority of the stormtroopers would be clones. I have to imagine that will take a toll on a guy who has a strong loyalty to his brothers.
    Or his attempt to free the rest of the Clones doesn't end well...

Good one today. Without spoiling too much as it's too early, let's just say Crosshair isn't the only expy of a certain actor appearing in this episode.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Gotta love how the show's villain is upstaged by a cameo.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

spoilers:
    It was great seeing Cad Bane again
    end of spoilers

Wrecker usually portrays himself as dumb muscle, but even he knows how to arm and disengage bombs.

Sorry Hunter, can't have you getting out from under Cid this early in the show.

Tech is, like, the worst person to ask intimate details about what the war was like.

Crosshairs is as intimidating a predator of his former comrades as I expected. He can anticipate pretty much all of their moves, so they have to pull off especially risky stuff to stay ahead of him.

spoilers:
    I wasn't expecting to see Cad Bane again. Corey Burton hasn't missed a beat. They even got Seth Green back as his Droid! Will we get to see the Boba/Cad Bane arc finally animated? Hunter couldn't beat Cad Bane in a duel, to contrast with how Boba finally does?

"Sorry little lady." I think that's possibly the nicest thing Cad Bane has ever said to someone.
    end of spoilers

Tech is, like, the worst person to ask intimate details about what the war was like.
    Tech is always bad with intimate details. He treats it as if it's common knowledge everyone should know.

Sort of like C-3PO in a few ways.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Which is why Tech is *not* the second in command or Hunter’s “consigliere” - he may have more pure brains than the rest, but he’s just as likely t9 be absent minded and myopic as Wrecker. Echo has a more practical mindset and a plethora of experience.

Give the surprise appearance today, I’m really hoping a certain TCW plotline gets remade for this show.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Tech continues to steal every scene he is in.

Crosshair continues to be wasted in a role that would have been better suited for Cody.

Hunter remains...kind of boring. If someone described this character to me (A clone trooper with enhanced senses that looked like Rambo) I would think that would be the best character ever. The execution just feels off.

"You're in trouble now" Bane has a droid whose sole purpose is to follow him around and hype him up. I approve. I think at this point Bane is still the top bounty hunter in the universe and Boba is in his rookie of the year phase right?

Echo is...just there.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Tech continues to steal every scene he is in.

Crosshair continues to be wasted in a role that would have been better suited for Cody.

Hunter remains...kind of boring. If someone described this character to me (A clone trooper with enhanced senses that looked like Rambo) I would think that would be the best character ever. The execution just feels off.

"You're in trouble now" Bane has a droid whose sole purpose is to follow him around and hype him up. I approve. I think at this point Bane is still the top bounty hunter in the universe and Boba is in his rookie of the year phase right?

Echo is...just there.
    Cody wouldn't have that personal aspect with the Bad Batch that Crosshairs has unless Rex stuck around.

I remember Boba beating Cad Bane in a duel is what cements him as "Boba Fett" so I wonder if we're finally going to see that.

Cody wouldn't have that personal aspect with the Bad Batch that Crosshairs has unless Rex stuck around.

I remember Boba beating Cad Bane in a duel is what cements him as "Boba Fett" so I wonder if we're finally going to see that.
    By now everybody knows my views on Crosshair (breakout character being wasted) so I won't go down that road again. As for Boba's duel with Cad? I think that is best left for The Book Of Boba.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

iMan 42s

I don't feel like Crosshair is wasted, though I feel like he could be better utilized. Really thinking about it the show is fine, but it's only fine. You can do better with the characters in the show and the show continues to zig where it should've zagged.

Really I feel like the main character should be Echo given they brought him back in Season 7 to join the team and deal with the fallout of Order 66. His best friend isn't even mentioned, only brought up in passing with Echo's reaction to it happening off screen. And Echo's fear of being used against his will and essentially being a droid is basically only subtext. Hell this even glosses over how he's perfectly fine with being a soldier but has several questions regarding the Jedi and it just goes nowhere. And all of it as it is is essentially The Mandolorian but with more guys. And that's fine, but it never goes as far as it needs to go.

As for Cody? He should have the role Rampart does. He is the highest ranked clone and would have intimate knowledge on how to train troops and hunt the batch given he's the old CO. Rampart is basically superfluous to Tarkin who already dislikes clones and wants human recruits and you have Rampart who want the same thing. So why not have a clone who can vouch for them? Not like they don't have an actor.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I feel like they're probably saving Cody up for something major.