Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I still see the batch working for Sid. Staying at her bar and getting work from her is the only stability they have. I doubt they got the weapon supply job on their own.
    The weapons supply job, maybe. But they completed that job last week, and got paid.

They took Hera's job all on their own, and thus can dictate their terms.

I think we're about to get into plot-relevant endgame stuff so I'm not sure if we'll be seeing much more normal jobs.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're about to get into plot-relevant endgame stuff so I'm not sure if we'll be seeing much more normal jobs.
    I struggle to think what is plot relevant for this show. It's not like there an ongoing story arc. The plot with the Kaminoans hasn't gone anywhere and kinda comes and goes. Same with crosshair.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I struggle to think what is plot relevant for this show. It's not like there an ongoing story arc. The plot with the Kaminoans hasn't gone anywhere and kinda comes and goes. Same with crosshair.
    It has been inconsistent...but it's pretty clear those were meant to be the "main" plot lines that were important so I can't see why anyone wouldn't think we wouldn't see those plots become more prominent again as the season comes to a close...it's a pretty basic narrative device.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It has been inconsistent...but it's pretty clear those were meant to be the "main" plot lines that were important so I can't see why anyone wouldn't think we wouldn't see those plots become more prominent again as the season comes to a close...it's a pretty basic narrative device.
    I see those as a recurring plot as oppose to a main one. It doesn't drive the narrative enough to a main focus. I accepted this as an episodic show.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 07-18-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Well, the main plot is the Batch trying to survive in a world run by the Empire and how long they can remain outside the growing Galactic Civil War.

At least that's my take on it.

I see those as a recurring plot as oppose to a main one. It doesn't drive the narrative enough to a main focus. I accepted this as an episodic show.
    I fully enjoy it episodically but with the way those plot lines were set up and have reoccurred I think it's pretty obvious they were meant to be the overarching plot of the series. It's like with the the Mandalorian, returning baby yoda to "his people" was the main plot but it didn't need to be in every episode, but it was there enough so that you knew that despite what ever random adventures might occur it was heading in a specific direction.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were going that route...and I'm a little confused as to how someone could watch this show and not see that.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I fully enjoy it episodically but with the way those plot lines were set up and have reoccurred I think it's pretty obvious they were meant to be the overarching plot of the series. It's like with the the Mandalorian, returning baby yoda to "his people" was the main plot but it didn't need to be in every episode, but it was there enough so that you knew that despite what ever random adventures might occur it was heading in a specific direction.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were going that route...and I'm a little confused as to how someone could watch this show and not see that.
    Unlike the Mandalorian, the reoccurring plot isn't vaguely definite. We have crosshair as their enemy now but he doesn't actively track them down. That doesn't happen until the end of this latest episode. Before then crosshair and the batch had to cross paths for that plot to ever kick in. It was too passive.

Same with the Kaminoan plot. Nothing is happening there until a bounty hunter shows up for Omega. None of these plots are there to drive the series. It's something they pull out of their hat when they need a conflict.

Unlike the Mandalorian, the reoccurring plot isn't vaguely definite. We have crosshair as their enemy now but he doesn't actively track them down. That doesn't happen until the end of this latest episode. Before then crosshair and the batch had to cross paths for that plot to ever kick in. It was too passive.

Same with the Kaminoan plot. Nothing is happening there until a bounty hunter shows up for Omega. None of these plots are there to drive the series. It's something they pull out of their hat when they need a conflict.
    I agree it's not especially consistent but it definitely seems like its meant to be seen as the drive of the show and they certainly point to where it looks like the show is going.

Ok episode this week. Sid needs some actual goons. Getting your operation taken from you by a spoiled rich kid is a bad look. I kinda wanted for the Pikes to finish him.

I get that Omega had a bonding moment with Cid, but saying they should help her after she just blackmailed them...felt kind of done deaf. Well, also her ignorance at the fact that her own team is the reason the other guy got screwed over. It's not like Cid's a good person.

I feel like this is an episode that should have happened earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get that Omega had a bonding moment with Cid, but saying they should help her after she just blackmailed them...felt kind of done deaf. Well, also her ignorance at the fact that her own team is the reason the other guy got screwed over. It's not like Cid's a good person.

I feel like this is an episode that should have happened earlier in the season.
    I really felt annoyed by Omega in this episode. If she ever needed to be told no this was the time.

I really felt annoyed by Omega in this episode. If she ever needed to be told no this was the time.
    How many times is she going to tell the Bad Batch "guys, we have to do this!" ?

I wonder if this was originally intended to be a Vizago (rebels) origin story-Roland has a similar look, occupation and of course loses a horn (except it's the other one) but they decided to change it at some point. Maybe they felt there were already too many REBELS call-forwards?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder if this was originally intended to be a Vizago (rebels) origin story-Roland has a similar look, occupation and of course loses a horn (except it's the other one) but they decided to change it at some point. Maybe they felt there were already too many REBELS call-forwards?
    What's one more :P?

Although I feel like the creators are more invested in the call-forwards than they are actually developing the team.