Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

She really was Fennec. She looked and sounded familiar but she wasn't named in the episode. I'm loving this series use of continuity.

iMan 42s

We need an "Omega gets captured" counter.

I thought this would be the episode Echo gets a normal arm since the Sideshow figure had him with a protocol droid arm about that color. It's making me wonder if the arm was made for the toy now. Lego also gave him a normal arm and I think it's in a chase scene set so we might have a ways to go before we see it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She really was Fennec. She looked and sounded familiar but she wasn't named in the episode. I'm loving this series use of continuity.
    Only in the credits, yeah. No mistaking that voice though. Ming-Na is a damn queen.

I honestly was a little bored with this one. Weakest episode so far. But I did love the grift with selling Echo as the droid. I feel like that should be their go-to move on every planet they land on now. Sell Echo, buy stuff then sneak him out the back and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    We need an "Omega gets captured" counter.

I thought this would be the episode Echo gets a normal arm since the Sideshow figure had him with a protocol droid arm about that color. It's making me wonder if the arm was made for the toy now. Lego also gave him a normal arm and I think it's in a chase scene set so we might have a ways to go before we see it.
    What about a "Wrecker gets hit on the head" counter?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think you're the only person I know other than my wife that was surprised by that. I know not everyone watches trailers and not everyone is good at picking out voices...but even the costume was the same as the one she wore in the Mandalorian.

They didn't really need to change her appearence either, although the character is over two decades younger than her Mandalorian appearence. Justified I think since Ming-Na hasn't really visibly aged that much in "real life" either.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Knowing that Fennec won't die and it's still to early for an Omega kidnap attempt to to successful sort of drained the episode of its tension. Seeing Fennec again (For the first time!) was fun. It's only a matter of time before she is forced to work with the team against a mutual enemy and ends up filling the "Crosshair role" on the team for an episode.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Totally off the wall question, but is there any reason for Tarkin to be visualized as a manga dark elf?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Totally off the wall question, but is there any reason for Tarkin to be visualized as a manga dark elf?
    His character design?

All of the TCW characters got redesigned to fit the cartoon art style. A lot of that stems from it calling back to the 2003 series visually which doesn't always translate to 3D. Tarkin while not in the 2003 series was used in the 2008 and so he was adapted to the art style.

Something that does bother me now that I look at is that his appearance in Bad Batch looks closer to ANH than it does in Revenge of the Sith. Something this series is right after. His first appearance in the Citadel arc is closer to how he appears at this point in the timeline.

ROTS
    Young_Tarkin.jpg

Bad Batch
    Bad batch Tarkin.jpeg

TCW
    Tarkin TCW.jpg

His badge would also be wrong in all three versions though you could argue he wasn't promoted yet however Bad Batch is still wrong.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Good episode. Episodes like these is what I was hoping for when this series was announced. Maybe now the series can settle on a groove with the Batch being part time mercs.

It was pretty funny seeing Wrecker and the creature tire each other out.

iMan 42s

It felt like a filler episode to me. Nothing is really accomplished this episode other than showing where Omega gets her weapon and giving us Fennec's name. No other insight is gained here. She's a bounty hunter and other than revealing she's still new, she's a bounty hunter. The relevant information we already knew. So essentially this is just an episode about finding out what Fennec's name was which is something that was kind of irrelevant. The episode is overall fine but as far as moving the plot forward it's got almost dick to do with anything.

Adding it to the counter as well, Wrecker gets a head injury and Omega gets captured.

It felt like a filler episode to me. Nothing is really accomplished this episode other than showing where Omega gets her weapon and giving us Fennec's name. No other insight is gained here. She's a bounty hunter and other than revealing she's still new, she's a bounty hunter. The relevant information we already knew. So essentially this is just an episode about finding out what Fennec's name was which is something that was kind of irrelevant. The episode is overall fine but as far as moving the plot forward it's got almost dick to do with anything.

Adding it to the counter as well, Wrecker gets a head injury and Omega gets captured.
    Sid left the door open for more work for the batch. It setups a recurring source of info and income for the batch when they need it. They can't keep selling Echo when they are in need of credits.

There seems to be some confusion about the Rancor. Certainly the episode sort of suggests that Muchi might be the Rancor from ROTJ, but that Rancor already has a name and is male.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Pateesa

Of course there seems to be nothing saying that Jabba couldn't have had two Rancors really. Muchi might be related to the one from ROTJ somehow or was perhaps at another venue of Jabba's.

BTW Bib's cameo is voiced by Matthew Wood, who played him in Phantom Menace and Mandalorian.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Sid left the door open for more work for the batch. It setups a recurring source of info and income for the batch when they need it. They can't keep selling Echo when they are in need of credits.
    That's not a plot mover, that's just an explanation as to how they could be funded. They only went looking for who Fennec was but otherwise made their money last episode.

That's not a plot mover, that's just an explanation as to how they could be funded. They only went looking for who Fennec was but otherwise made their money last episode.
    It doesn't need to be a plot mover. It just needs to provide the characters stability to enable them to get where they need to go.