Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Admit it, if you were a kid with a communicator you would act exactly like Omega did .

How did Omega figure out who Sid was? The Force? Clone intuition?

Landing your ship on random planets to do jobs alongside your kid sidekick is reminding me a lot of Mando. Just with more main characters.

Ah, the classic "experienced adult protagonists get taken out so the younger, inexperienced, rookie protagonist can prove themselves by saving them" plot.

Is that Liam O'Brien and Sam Riegel I hear ?

I was not expecting an adolescent Rancorr, or Bib Fortuna, that Jabba would be after it. Is Jabba a Rancorr collector?

Omega finally gets her bow, so she can probably hold her own in the field more. I guess there will be less instances of leaving her in the ship unless they feel they absolutely have to.

Wrecker's been getting beat up all season, so it was nice to see him (more or less) outlast fighting a Rancorr. Still plenty more head injuries though.

So I guess we've got some kind of formula going where the Bad Batch take jobs from Sid to get by while trying to figure out what to do with themselves.

iMan 42s

So apparently on this series nobody has spoken to the story group to make sure everything is straight. While initially speculation of mine given Kannan it seems this might actually have been the case and nobody contacted them. The rancor is actually up in the air whether this is Jabba's rancor or not since it's history has been covered. Not a Kannan level **** up but still frustrating the writing staff couldn't have sent an E-mail.

1. Muchi is Pateesa and was just named Pateesa later. Pateesa was acquired somewhere around 32 BBY so perhaps rancors like Yoda and Grogu develop slower.

2. Muchi is the rancor outright and was gained and recovered by the Bad Batch 12 years later than what they're supposed to be.

3. Jabba has two rancors and Pateesa was the one that died while Muchi is still somewhere in the palace.

It's a very small thing but still frustrating nobody even did a Wookiepedia check so we're back to jumping through hoops to explain things like Legends continuity.

Edit- Pateesa does mean "friend" in Huttese so we could go with Pateesa being a nickname but Muchi is female where Pateesa is male. Nothing states them to be hermaphroditic so regardless it's still an error.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 05-29-2021 at 08:04 AM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't think Muchi is an major continuity error. Knowing this Rancor is a child and a good 25 years off from RotJ there a good chance Muchi could possibly be Pateesa mom. Without knowing how Rancors age I can't say for certain.

Watch Muchi turn up in the Book of Boba .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Landing your ship on random planets to do jobs alongside your kid sidekick is reminding me a lot of Mando. Just with more main characters.
    You basically just boiled Star Wars as a whole down to it's essence. It's been about young characters finding their way in the galaxy from the start. Luke, Anakin, Ahsoka, Rey, Ezra. You name it, if it's Star Wars and worth watching that's at the heart of it. At least to start off with.

But Star Wars does love it's mentor/mentee relationships for sure.

iMan 42s

It might be why they didn't contact the story group if it wasn't the same rancor. If it was being setup for Book of Boba Fett, sure. Though nothing stated he had two rancors so other than to make the connection I don't even know why they did this. It's not a major retcon but I definitely hate how nobody on this series bothered to even check the wiki on basic ****. It's NRS Mortal Kombat basic continuity errors.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It might be why they didn't contact the story group if it wasn't the same rancor. If it was being setup for Book of Boba Fett, sure. Though nothing stated he had two rancors so other than to make the connection I don't even know why they did this. It's not a major retcon but I definitely hate how nobody on this series bothered to even check the wiki on basic ****. It's NRS Mortal Kombat basic continuity errors.
    I just don't understand these type of complaints.
    I mean, I understand getting annoyed by inconsistencies in continuity to a certain extent but in a world that literally has the line, " It was true...from a certain point of view" in regards to changing a pretty major plot point from the previous film getting tied up in continuity here just seems silly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just don't understand these type of complaints.
    I mean, I understand getting annoyed by inconsistencies in continuity to a certain extent but in a world that literally has the line, " It was true...from a certain point of view" in regards to changing a pretty major plot point from the previous film getting tied up in continuity here just seems silly.
    "Change" a major plot point? Kenobi admitted to Luke who his father was, something attentive people understood from the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    "Change" a major plot point? Kenobi admitted to Luke who his father was, something attentive people understood from the first episode.
    That's completely bogus.

From the line it seemed pretty clear that Darth Vader and Luke's father were not one and the same, "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father."

On top of that, if it was something that was understood by people watching the first film then why was the reveal so shocking to audiences in Empire Strikes Back? Why even have a scene in Return of the Jedi where Obi-Wan has to explain to Luke(and the audience) that he didn't lie if it was a point that was understood from the start?

The answer?

It wasn't understood by the audience...and for good reason: because Lucas didn't originally intend Vader to be Luke's father. Heck, Lucas didn't even intend for Darth to be a title it's clearly used as his first name there by Kenobi and every other person who addresses him.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 05-30-2021 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

That's completely bogus.

From the line it seemed pretty clear that Darth Vader and Luke's father were not one and the same, "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father."

On top of that, if it was something that was understood by people watching the first film then why was the reveal so shocking to audiences in Empire Strikes Back? Why even have a scene in Return of the Jedi where Obi-Wan has to explain to Luke(and the audience) that he didn't lie if it was a point that was understood from the start?

The answer?

It wasn't understood by the audience...and for good reason: because Lucas didn't originally intend Vader to be Luke's father. Heck, Lucas didn't even intend for Darth to be a title it's clearly used as his first name there by Kenobi.

I
    Wow. Just wow.

Wow. Just wow.
    I know, your point does fall apart with the most basic cursory glance. It is surprising.

BANNED

I know, your point does fall apart with the most basic cursory glance. It is surprising.
    Yeah no.

Kenobi's line in conjunction with Beru's and Owen's lines of he's got too much of his father in him was subtle, but unmistakable. Not many people made the connection, but every person I explained it to in 1977 understood it and had an immediate Aha moment about it.

Yeah no.

Kenobi's line in conjunction with Beru's and Owen's lines of he's got too much of his father in him was subtle, but unmistakable. Not many people made the connection, but every person I explained it to in 1977 understood it and had an immediate Aha moment about it.
    This really comes off as you wanting to make yourself sound smarter than the average bear, and what's sadder is that it isn't even a conclusive or objective proof of your point...it's just a mix of the famous fallacy of an appeal to an authority( supposedly yourself) and simple hearsay and neither are elements you want associated with a point you're making.

Where are the actual first hand accounts that match your point? There were a lot of fanzines around back then, and a ton of them are archived online now, so if it was something understood by the audience, even just a small "educated" part, wouldn't there be at least one article somewhere from when the film was first released that shared your point? And wouldn't that article be famous?

The fact of the matter is that it just wasn't so and there are many notes from the time of production that are pretty clear it was an idea that came later on as the story evolved during production and wasn't some concrete absolute that was there from the start, and this was even definitely spelled out in the annotated screenplay book: "The notion of Vader being Luke's father only first appeared in the second draft." -George Lucas on the reveal of Darth Vader's identity in Empire Strikes Back.

That's a direct source.

But all of that really is besides the point to my original points: If the audience was supposed to know who Vader was, then why do a dramatic reveal? If what Vader says isn't surprising then that scene falls totally flat. And again, if we were supposed to have known all along then why have Obi-Wan explain himself? If it isn't an inconsistency that needs explaining to the audience then that scene is just dead space telling us what we already know.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 05-30-2021 at 12:59 PM.

BANNED

This really comes off as you wanting to make yourself sound smarter than the average bear,
    Thing is, I don't think it makes me look smart to see the obvious.

Mighty Member

Thing is, I don't think it makes me look smart to see the obvious.
    Yes, it was so obvious that even the character's creator hadn't realized it yet. Considering that the choice to make Anakin and Vader the same man didn't get made until Empire was in development. That's pretty damn obvious.

The obvious connection between Owen/Beru's exchange and Kenobi's comments in ANH is that Anakin craved action and adventure the same way Luke does, and it got him killed. There is absolutely nothing in either scene to suggest that Vader and Anakin are the same man. Which is why 'A certain point of view' is even a thing. Lucas felt compelled to justify what was now a deliberate lie from Kenobi in ANH with the exchange in RotJ.

It's true, and convenient, that nothing in what Kenobi says explicitly contradicts the later revelation. But to claim that the Anakin = Vader point is obvious in ANH without hindsight is either disingenuous in a very serious way or sheer dumb luck on your part.