Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I liked this episode but more should have been done with it. It would have been better if Echo was on point with the Senator instead of Hunter just so his distrust can play a role in the mission. As is I wonder why they bothered to bring it up.

I like that batch exclusively used stun blasters. Even when on the run they don't want to kill their brothers.

It's kind of interesting that Boba's was "Alpha"-Alpha was also the name of an ARC trooper who frequently appeared in the Dark Horse comics, and who was the inspiration for Rex (In fact earlier versions of CW I think he was actually Alpha).

Also interesting is Fennec and Omega keep bumping into each other, given her future relationship with her "brother".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I was kind of wondering what happened to the Separatists after the war and with the Imperial takeover. They were as manipulated in this war and used as pawns as the heroes were, ultimately, and now they have to face the consequences. I do feel like they could have done more with the idea of focusing on someone from that side and their perspective on the war than they actually did, especially when the Batch were initially hesitant to take the job just because he was a Separatist, but they didn't really focus on it that much.

Seeing the Clones and their gear acting like Stormtroopers during an occupation was...disheartening.

Bragg wears the Imperial uniform well.

Does Omega have naturally good instincts because she's a prime Jango Fett clone? I think Jango's physicality and instincts were part of the appeal of his clones because they could be as versatile as he was. I thought Omega might be Force sensitive but it seems like she just has incredibly natural senses and instincts because she's less diluted compared to later Clones like (I assume) Boba.

I was kind of surprised the Batch kept using stun blasts instead of shooting to kill since they didn't seem to have this problem before. I guess maybe now they're realizing that it's not the Clones' fault after getting their chips removed.

I think in some cases, they did join the Rebellion or early versions of it, although a good chunk of early Rebels were also from Republic worlds treated badly by the new Empire (kashykk, Onderon, Alderaan)

Cassian was a Separatist as well.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-03-2021 at 05:35 AM.

This show keeps mentioning Mantell mix over and over again. It's only a matter of time before Disney starts selling something called that at their theme parks.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Outpost_Mix

It's actually the other way around.

iMan 42s

Well it looks like the clone's name was changed from Ballast on the merchandise to Howzer in the show but the depiction is about right. I don't know if that's gonna cause confusion or not but merch being made a year out is bound to cause complications.

Anyways we see Hera's origin story here and it's straight Filoni. The show sets things up that Cham and Hera only want what's right for Ryloth but given the Empire hasn't actually done anything yet it basically forces itself in the ending because once it's all put together it doesn't really make much sense. Essentially they'd used Hera by allowing her to spy on the Empire which gets her close to the insurgents forcing Cham to act which will cause an attack that happens to have the senator present enabling Crosshair to assassinate him when Cham wont framing them and taking total control of the planet.

That's stupid and complicated. But since the show has adamantly refused to depict the Empire doing anything actually heinous yet, we have this episode to just throw it out there. And while EU media has depicted things up to this point, that's not been the case in this show. The Empire's just a dick to be a dick. Basically the whole episode while not as meh as the last one once again doesn't go far enough. The show is setting it up that Hera has a direct hand in the Empire's takeover of Ryloth but she doesn't. She just happened to be around when the insurgents got supplies and Senator Taa is just a fat evil guy. It's better than the last one and seemingly a two or more parter but yeah this didn't quite work.., again. It may or may not be a two-parter but I'd prefer it if it was to explore more of what the Empire is even doing here.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 07-09-2021 at 05:49 AM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Taa isn't dead, since he later shows up in the "Lords of the Sith" novel.

Howzer seems interesting, as he's clearly bothered by what's going on. Could we be looking at a new "reg" member of the Batch perhaps?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This felt like a waste of an episode to me.

Kind of sad that Ryloth can't accept being finally at peace if it means peace under the Empire's thumb. But that goes for a lot of planets and was part of the tragedy of the Clone Wars.

Hera's mom! No wonder where she got her looks from.

Hera! And with a far more convincing young voice than Kanan, although that's no surprise from Vanessa Marshall. Although she sounded really different with her accent still thick back then. We even got Chopper!

Unsurprisingly Hera as a young girl still wants to fly and is politically active to the point of getting arrested as a teenager for getting involved in a growing Ryloth resistance movement. Kind of sad that she wants to leave her planet so much.

Howzer is probably the first normal Clone to exhibit signs of personality and conscience since the show started. He's even still wearing his unique looks and colors instead of the standard white. He still followed orders, but he still objected to them arresting Hera and seemed bothered by what was going on. Is he going to help Hera and her family escape? Has the Order 66 brainwashing not completely kicked in? Is it because he didn't have to kill a Jedi?

Just in case you thought the Bad Batch were going to not be in an episode of their own show, they deliver supplies to the Ryloth Resistance and Hera gets to spend time with Omega who sleeps in the gunner position. They were a planet away from dealing with Crosshairs again. Although I guess they'll be brought back to free Hera's family?

Rampart's not an idiot. He knows when they've been beaten and when it's pointless to resist, but he always has a card up his sleeve to turn a disadvantage into an advantage.

Howzer got an action figure already, although it was part of a four pack with Rex, an elite squad soldier, and Gray. Strange thing though, he's also marketed as "Ballast" which means that perhaps they changed the name, or maybe it's a clue for a new name if he joins the team?

I like this episode. It felt like an episode of Rebels made into Bad Batch. No major complaints from me

Are they going to fit Zeb and a young Kallus in at some point?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's getting to the point it feels like narrative key jingling so I would be more surprised if they don't.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Might as well. This show is doing a lot to weld together a lot of EU stuff.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 07-11-2021 at 03:35 PM.