Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Filoni seems to do that a lot-REBELS definitely brings in a lot from CLONE WARS especially after the first season.

And although he's not in charge of the whole thing, The Mandalorian feels very much like the same thing, weaving in many elements from the "Filoniverse" I guess you can call it.

Seems they're really working into making this sort of an important part of the extended saga, rather than just an episodic action show.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Filoni seems to do that a lot-REBELS definitely brings in a lot from CLONE WARS especially after the first season.

And although he's not in charge of the whole thing, The Mandalorian feels very much like the same thing, weaving in many elements from the "Filoniverse" I guess you can call it.

Seems they're really working into making this sort of an important part of the extended saga, rather than just an episodic action show.
    It's the same thing they've been doing. Clone Wars was setting up the OT partially being a do over and mild expansion of elements the films didn't get to. Rebels made a bad habit of connecting the heroes to all but two or three of the OT cast though Luke being of the three does get a cameo even if he doesn't meet the team. Weirdly being the antithesis of Rogue One where everybody hears about them rather than actually meet them. The Ghost Crew meets everybody and this seemingly goes retroactive where the Bad Batch meet both Hera and Kannan and basically every other major character of the filoni shows.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's getting to the point it feels like narrative key jingling so I would be more surprised if they don't.
    Hyperbolic much?

Ryloth was the centerpiece of a major Clone Wars arc. It makes a lot of sense to revisit it in this period of transitioning to the Empire. And of course we're going to include Cham, since he's our major viewpoint character on world. And he's basically a stand in for the very spirit of the Rebellion. Somebody who has looked at what is emerging from the Clone Wars and shouts "NO!" with every fiber of her being. She's a microcosm for something that is presumably happening all over the galaxy during these formative early months, and that's getting a good hard look at what the Empire actually is and girding herself to fight against it.

Including Hera isn't only natural, from the standpoint of being Cham's daughter who would be significant in his story at this point, but she represents the most important group of people in the Star Wars Universe. The generation AFTER the Clone Wars. The people who will be the heart and soul of the Rebellion, and will ultimately lay low the Emperor and his ideals. Star Wars is, at heart, the story of a young person confronting the call to action. This is Hera's.

You seem really eager to discard connections just because they appeared in other shows. But they build the heart of the story, the emotional core that pulls the viewer in. They serve, in micro, to show us the thinking of the galaxy as a whole, the conflicts and rifts between people that will enable the Empire's rise, but also the fire and the determination that will pull it down.

Yeah, I think Ryloth and Hera made enough sense here and was better integrated than Kanan was.

Now, if they try to fit in prequal stuff for the rest of the Ghost Crew it might get a little egregious.

iMan 42s

Weird that they accounted for Senator Taa but literally nothing else given he's in one of the novels.

Episode is alright. Nothing of real note here other than it might be setting up rogue clones for the season finale and Crosshair getting permission to track them down 4 episodes from the finale. I'm going to assume both the next two episodes are a two-parter or that they're going to make like Siege and do an extra long finale over the coming weeks. I don't think the last episode will be super long tbh.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

It's kind of curious how the Howzer and his Clones weren't super obedient. As I believe was theorized earlier in this thread, it's possible there weren't any Jedi on Ryloth at the time so maybe they just didn't get the order yet.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Hera getting the piloting and leadership experience that she will eventually need for the Rebellion and beginning her attempt to defeat the Empire.

Nothing quite like the kid appeal character to get the adult characters to do the heroic thing...although they still needed to come up with a practical plan for him to go along with it.

Well, Howzer makes his stand and is actually able to get quite a few Clones to go along with him, but they end up getting taken into custody and locked up on Ryloth. Which I guess is better than I expected which is Crosshairs shooting and killing him. I guess this sets up the idea that not all Clones have been reprogrammed and might be a danger to the Empire because they won't go along with becoming the very thing they fought against.

Mighty Member

Another absolute winner this week. Great moments for Hera, Chopper, Omega and Hunter. Plus Howzer. I cheered, I did. Some great world building to go with the character beats.

So, between Omega's line about protecting family and Howzer's refusal to give up on his squad, Hunter now realizes that he can't just leave Crosshair hanging. Just as Crosshair sets his sights on bringing them in or destroying them. The collision course is set and I for one can't wait. There is going to be so much drama in that and how it winds up.

Also, Chopper finally got to attack something this week, making up for last week nicely. Just a fantastic episode.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The batch should join the resistance if gonna continue doing jobs for free. I stay disappointed with Hunter whenever he turns down payment. He must enjoy being indebted to Sid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The batch should join the resistance if gonna continue doing jobs for free. I stay disappointed with Hunter whenever he turns down payment. He must enjoy being indebted to Sid.
    They are no longer indebted to Sid, since Omega paid off said debt with Dejaric winnings two weeks ago. Now they are making cash for themselves. And specifically in this instance, Hunter was absolutely correct that Cham and his family are going to need that money more than the Batch.

Omega calling the Batch her "brothers" instead of her "dads" made sense given she's also a clone, but it makes me wonder how she'd react to Boba.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I feel like this isn't the last we see of Howzer, he just seemed to get too much build up just to get arrested. I could see him being an "in" for the Bad Batch in really taking the fight to the Empire for Clone freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I feel like this isn't the last we see of Howzer, he just seemed to get too much build up just to get arrested. I could see him being an "in" for the Bad Batch in really taking the fight to the Empire for Clone freedom.
    I think he's definitely setting up something with the reg Clones. They're not all going to toe the Empire's line.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he's definitely setting up something with the reg Clones. They're not all going to toe the Empire's line.
    I feel like it's leading up to a canon version of the Kamino Uprising from the original Star Wars: Battlefield II.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    They are no longer indebted to Sid, since Omega paid off said debt with Dejaric winnings two weeks ago. Now they are making cash for themselves. And specifically in this instance, Hunter was absolutely correct that Cham and his family are going to need that money more than the Batch.
    I still see the batch working for Sid. Staying at her bar and getting work from her is the only stability they have. I doubt they got the weapon supply job on their own.