Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's one more :P?

Although I feel like the creators are more invested in the call-forwards than they are actually developing the team.
    I don't think there's much to develop with the team outside of their growing relationship with Omega. They settled on being mercs being opposed to the empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think there's much to develop with the team outside of their growing relationship with Omega. They settled on being mercs being opposed to the empire.
    Omega's probably the one character that's gotten the most consistent character development.

I feel like outside the structure of the Republic and running from the Empire would lead to a good time for the team to explore themselves as individuals or get focus episodes, but so far that hasn't been the case.

Echo could have gotten some good development in that Separatist episode (or, really, during the chip episode when Rex mentions Fives) but they just haven't really done anything with him.

We're getting more Rebels call forwards with this episode with Gregor this time around. His odd behavior is due to being a defective like the batch apparently. That's disappointing as Rebels seem to imply his erratic behavior is due to trauma suffered during the clone war. The guy did explode and survive somehow. I can easily buy that making him crazy.

Yet we have another episode where potential character development for Echo wasn't realized. I would have had take charge seeing how close to home the current mission must have hit for him.

Bout time Hunter said no to Omega.

I think we saw more of the Republic Commando design in this episode than we did in the entirety of Clone Wars.

So if all the Commando's are meant to be instructors for the TK Troopers, and they're phasing the Clones out, where are they taking the Regs and the child Clones? Where are they taking them all? Are the other Clones going to be business as usual until the Stormtroopers are ready?

The TK Troopers are obviously the prototype for the Stormtroopers. Quantity over quality, although that was fairly effective here (even if the only ones that gave the Batch a fight were the Commandos). I guess they also imply that part of the reason the Stormtroopers aren't as effective is because their commanders didn't teach them everything, unless that was just Gregor. I kind of hope they don't make as many jokes about how incompetent Stormtroopers are as they did in Mando.

Gregor! So he just somehow survived the explosion and got roped into teaching TK Troopers, and he's starting to get loopy in the head like he is in Rebels.

Hunter finally making a decision for himself and it's so he can let his team get away. I did like there was a brief hesitation from Tech before going through with the order.

Just when I thought the Lama Su was going to throw Nala Se under the bus, it turns out the Empire still needs her and they don't need a politician. How the tables have turned.

Well, looks like the finale is going to be the Batch trying to free Hunter and Hunter trying to survive whatever Crosshairs has planned for him.

Ending of the episode had me think Hunter would escape into the forest and re-enact Rambo for the next episode.

iMan 42s

Ignored last week since it didn't amount to much but this one at least had something to talk about.

- Definitely liked the Mcquarrie stuff being used here. No idea if it's the TK armor or if it's the training gear (the clones and later Stormtroopers will have two sets) but it's good to see and fairly faithful to the art even if it's been changed a bit. And really that's how I feel Rebels should've done things where it's an adaptation rather than trying to emulate the style.

- I'm not fond of Scorch being here. My issue is that it's once again jingling keys for the audience. We don't need a guest so often. However it's not clear if it is him just yet given how quickly he recovers so this could be a few troopers with the paint scheme. Still jingling keys but if a reference it's fine.

- What is jingling keys for the audience is Gregor. He's fine but he's here because he's in Rebels. While he originates from TCW, he is most notable for his Rebels appearance and so it's setting up how Wolfe, Gregor, and Rex will end up on that walker. It's just another Rebels cameo or really another cameo to add to the pile.

- I like the commandos training the recruits as a nice bit of character added to the stormtroopers. They're all trained to be as effective so that hypes up the threat a bit.

- What I loathe is the Kamino plot because it's at this point where it's hit the fan because none of it adds up. You need Omega to clone new clones, got it. But then why do you only have the one given the risk of another attack on Kamino? Why did you wait so long to produce new clones? Why do you need to kill her when you're done when you need a live specimen to provide fresh cells and you have only the one donor? How soon do they think they can have a new army? The clones take 10 years to mature, maybe you could start them a bit earlier but the Empire has already admitted they're not wanting more so who or what is doing the razzle dazzle? It was never going to go anywhere unless they pulled a spaarti cylinder out of the collective asses so what was the reason this plot even existed?

Don't get me wrong, the episode is alright but man do I wish this show got a rewrite.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The ANH Imperial theme was a nice touch.

As for Scorch, Grigor himself had a similarly colored armor, but with a pattern closer to Boss and Fixer's looks.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-31-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The ANH Imperial theme was a nice touch.

As for Scorch, Grigor himself had a similarly colored armor, but with a pattern closer to Boss and Fixer's looks.
    And the TK Troopers were piloting like they were using Tie Fighters. The sounds were even the same.

iMan 42s

It's weird to see Stormtroopers or even clones sitting down given that's physically impossible to do without bending or even breaking the armor. As for the V-wings, they do use the TIE engine sound for ROTS so it does seem fitting they'd have the blaster sound as well. The ARC-170 however does use it in ROTS.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't see Mcquarrie pilots in this. We have two images of them and the costume was used for Squadrons but lacking a helmet (it's even stated to be the prototype TIE uniform).
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's weird to see Stormtroopers or even clones sitting down given that's physically impossible to do without bending or even breaking the armor. As for the V-wings, they do use the TIE engine sound for ROTS so it does seem fitting they'd have the blaster sound as well. The ARC-170 however does use it in ROTS.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't see Mcquarrie pilots in this. We have two images of them and the costume was used for Squadrons but lacking a helmet (it's even stated to be the prototype TIE uniform).
    Eh, I don't see why people even bring that up, it's like saying that it's weird that Jedi and Sith can hold their lightsabers near their faces and not break out into a sweat from the heat the thing has to throw off.

The answer is obvious: because its not real.

You either accept that or just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Maybe the pilot recruit system isn't quite ready yet. It's at least active within five years going by SOLO.

Wonder if we'll see even more of the evolution of the Imperial military/Navy-the introduction of Imperial star Destroyers, new Walkers (or at least the older design seen in REBELS and FALLEN ORDER) and TIEs, which are apparently active around this era but have yet to be made in enough numbers to totally replace the Clone Wars tech.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Omega's probably the one character that's gotten the most consistent character development.

I feel like outside the structure of the Republic and running from the Empire would lead to a good time for the team to explore themselves as individuals or get focus episodes, but so far that hasn't been the case.

Echo could have gotten some good development in that Separatist episode (or, really, during the chip episode when Rex mentions Fives) but they just haven't really done anything with him.
    Echo is the only one who seems to want to take a stand. Everyone else has settled into "big bro mercs and tyke working under the radar".

I think they are gonna stay with the found family aspect and the batch may never side with the rebels.

Kinda hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-01-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Echo is the only one who seems to want to take a stand. Everyone else has settled into "big bro mercs and tyke working under the radar".

I think they are gonna stay with the found family aspect and the batch may never side with the rebels.

Kinda hope I'm wrong.
    Echo, like Rex, isn't just loyal to the Republic but to it's ideals. He'll never truly be ok sitting on the sidelines while the Empire screws everybody over. But mostly he has an also-Rex-like devotion to this clone brothers that the rest of the Batch just don't share on account of their radically different experience as "defective" clones.

Hunter seems like a pragmatist. Put his people first, and try not to get involved. Crosshair is going to be the big test.

I don't see the Batch joining the rebels outright, if only because they will be few and far between for a while. But incidentally being responsible for empowering/training some of the most important rebels? Like Hera, for example? Yes, absolutely. Not only does it fit the group, who are far more outsider than joiner, but it creates a way to pass forward the clones' legacy of heroism and bravery to the Rebellion. And thus averts, or at least diminishes, one of the greatest tragedies of Order 66 and the rise of the Empire.

I think the Batch will be involved in the final fate of the Clones (whether it be a Kaminoan Rebellion or otherwise) more than they will be the Rebels.

The show has been renewed for a second season https://mobile.twitter.com/starwars/...67557428039683