Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The Bad Batch is going to be the Mission Impossible of Star Wars
    Seems completley the wrong franchise analogue, Mission Impossible is more slick espionage type.
    These guys are more the gritty straight drop em' in to the fray, boots on the ground grunts:

Meant to be more the Dirty (half)Dozen of Star Wars:
    Behind the scenes:
    George Lucas had a very specific vision of the Bad Batch, in that he wanted a version of the The Dirty Dozen with clones. Dave Filoni sketched their appearances which Brent Friedman and Matt Michnovetz used to imagine the Bad Batch's voices and personalities.

With a few elements of Predator: Dutch's Elite Commandos thrown in (esp Billy Sole).

Last edited by Güicho; 08-17-2023 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Is it one voice actor for all?
    It wouldn't make any sense for Dee Bradley Baker to stop voicing the Clones.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Seems completley the wrong franchise analogue, Mission Impossible is more slick espionage type.
    These guys are more the gritty straight drop em' in to the fray, boots on the ground grunts:

Meant to be more the Dirty (half)Dozen of Star Wars:

With a few elements of Predator: Dutch's Elite Commandos thrown in (esp Billy Sole).

The slickness and espionage barely registers with me when i watch MI that's a James Bond thing -- i only watch Mission Impossible for the mission than the ridiculous espionage that they try to attempt and fail miserably every single time

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Wow, they are reallyyyyy trying to stay away from the sequel trilogy aren't they?
    Hey, Anthony, what did you think about the new show on Disney+, the Mandalorian? Did you like it better than the movies or the sequel trilogy?
    Last edited by Ash2020; 07-24-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The series will of course feature the team from Clone Wars but will take place after the Clone Wars, presumably during the early Empire era, with the Clones becoming a mercenary squad.
    Hey, Chris, by any chance do you know if the upcoming star wars movies and series are going to be related or in the same universe as the last Star Wars Fsllen Order video game?

Noodle, are you talking about the Knights of the Old Republic stories. I thought after the last film, they were going to start working on expanding on that. Do you have any idea about that as well?

I might be interested and look forward to that. I think they had some of the greatest video games based on those stories. If only they had the graphics of today's modern games.

The Bad Batch is going to be the Mission Impossible of Star Wars
    sorry, could you please elaborate a little bit about how it will be like Mission Impossible? I'd like to know

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Ash2020 View Post
    sorry, could you please elaborate a little bit about how it will be like Mission Impossible? I'd like to know
    wasn't that the whole point of retrieving Echo by going on impossible missions?

wasn't that the whole point of retrieving Echo by going on impossible missions?
    oh sorry, are you talking about the old show from the 60s, I'm not familiar with it, I thought you were talking about the film series with Tom Cruise

I feel meh about this announcement. I think I have Clone Wars Era burnout. I'd much rather see another series like the Mandalorian about an original team set during or just after the Imperial period, or even one set during the time of the sequel trilogy. Sorry, but I've grown weary of Jango Fett clones.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I feel meh about this announcement. I think I have Clone Wars Era burnout. I'd much rather see another series like the Mandalorian about an original team set during or just after the Imperial period, or even one set during the time of the sequel trilogy. Sorry, but I've grown weary of Jango Fett clones.
    Wasn't Star Wars Resistance around the same time period as the Sequel trilogy? Did you like it?

Wasn't Star Wars Resistance around the same time period as the Sequel trilogy? Did you like it?
    It was and I did. Too bad it was only was given two seasons.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash2020 View Post
    Hey, Chris, by any chance do you know if the upcoming star wars movies and series are going to be related or in the same universe as the last Star Wars Fsllen Order video game?
    They should be in the same unified Disney canon. For instance Fallen Order used a lot of elements from Rebels, the Darth Vader comics and Rogue One, which were all between the PT and OT.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Dirty Dozen I think were more like Suicide Squad-kind of a group of soldiers that would've been executed or imprisoned otherwise. Bad Batch is a bit different I think.

I think they Bad Batch also a a bit like Doctor Who's Cult of Skaro-genetically somewhat different from the other Daleks so they could think outside the box.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I wonder if they were susceptible to Order 66 at all. Could they stumble onto a Jedi during one of their missions?