Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The show has been renewed for a second season https://mobile.twitter.com/starwars/...67557428039683
    I kind of figured, but good to hear .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I almost thought this was going to be a one and done kind of series so a second season could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I almost thought this was going to be a one and done kind of series so a second season could be interesting.
    I guess if it hadn't done well, maybe, but they didn't seem to be pacing/writing it as a one-and-done in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I got that sense too when it was first announced and in the first episode but feels like with the pacing of the show they definitely have plans for later stuff.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It'll be interesting what the second part will be like, part one was pretty definitive.

Omega being Nala Se's assistant definitely helps make sure she knows the ins and outs of Kamino and all the secret passages.

It must have hurt Tech so much to have to admit there was something he didn't know.

I was wondering how Crosshairs was going to take care of his men...didn't expect it to be that quick. He's almost overpowered in how precise his shots are.

The show began with the Bad Batch fighting training droids, it ends with the Bad Batch fighting training droids together again.

So Crosshairs' chip either shorted out or was removed during the reconstruction of his skin after he got burned, which explains why he wants to get the band back together again, he just feels that it's best channeled through the Empire. Now that he's stuck with them again, albeit unconscious, I'm kind of wondering where they go from here.

I'm not sure if I'd say if I have fond memories of Kamino, but it's such a historic and significant place, the origin of the Clones, and what kickstarted so much in the series...so it was sad to see it so thoroughly destroyed. Now the Clones really don't have a home anymore .

Extraordinary Member

Crosshair's ideas on what the Batch is capable of as a group are probably exactly why the Empire phased clones out as a whole. As loyal as they've been the Empire wants no part of a possible clone uprising, even an unlikely one.

The Empire probably prefers poorly trained conscripts as its military. It makes them feel safer from military coup attempts.

Mighty Member

In the category of things that will probably never come up again, but are interesting to think about: Omega was there when the Batch's mutations were "being enhanced" in Nala Se's lab.

The simplest implication of this is that the Batch weren't always AS "defective" as they are now. They may have started out as much more normal, but still 'defective' clones. So maybe Wrecker wasn't so big, just a little bit bigger than the others. Or Tech wasn't quite so smart, just a little bit more so than normal. And the Kaminoans pushed those traits further to generate Clone Force 99. This would mean that the modifications came relatively late in their maturation cycle. I believe clones age/mature at x2 speed, somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that. So probably when they were basically CW era Boba Fett age they would have been "enhanced." Experiments which Omega witnessed while working with Nala Se, and probably just a few years before the outbreak of the Clone Wars.

The alternative is more interesting, but bolder. Omega may actually be OLDER than the boys. She's unmodified, so her aging process should be normal (just like Boba). I've always kind of pictured her as 10-12. Which means she shouldn't be old enough to remember experiments done on the Batch during their fetal development. But if she's older than I'm giving her credit for, or they're younger... what if they aren't Jango Fett clones in the traditional sense? What if they are actually Omega clones? What if Omega being female is the basis for the Clone Force 99 mutation experiments? The first mutation, if you will?

No, I don't think it's at all likely. I think the first interpretation makes more sense, and I don't expect the show will ever bring up the moment again. It was just a way to tie them to the moment in Nala Se's lab. But it was such an odd moment to bring up when they did, it really stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Crosshair's ideas on what the Batch is capable of as a group are probably exactly why the Empire phased clones out as a whole. As loyal as they've been the Empire wants no part of a possible clone uprising, even an unlikely one.

The Empire probably prefers poorly trained conscripts as its military. It makes them feel safer from military coup attempts.
    Funny thing is, the First Order went back to raising troopers from a young age, although they kidnapped them instead of creating them....and of course former Stormtroopers (Finn and the Kef Bir group) helped bring them down.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm interested to see where Crosshair goes from here. I doubt he can return to the Empire being a clone and failing to deliver. He's likely too far gone in ideology to rejoin the Batch. He can always be a bounty hunter

Somehow I have the feeling that next season we might be seeing these guys:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Purge_Trooper

They're "last generation" clones, and we've already had a Fallen Order reference with the junk planet.

Also it'd be interesting to see the other Inquisitors in animation.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want Delta Squad vs the Batch next season.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Funny thing is, the First Order went back to raising troopers from a young age, although they kidnapped them instead of creating them....and of course former Stormtroopers (Finn and the Kef Bir group) helped bring them down.
    I imagine that the First Order being smaller and having less territory in its control than the Empire, probably had problems getting volunteers in the numbers they needed.

Assuming they ever tried raising a volunteer army. They may have gone straight to kidnapping. They may have had to.

Is there ANY reason to willingly become a Stormtrooper other than wanting off your homeworld really bad? Or maybe wanting to exercise your homicidal mania? Do people want to pilot AT-ATs that badly?

Opportunities for advancement out of the Stormtrooper class seem non existent.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-08-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Mighty Member

I imagine that the First Order being smaller and having less territory in its control than the Empire, probably had problems getting volunteers in the numbers they needed.

Assuming they ever tried raising a volunteer army. They may have gone straight to kidnapping. They may have had to.
    They chose to, and almost immediately. It was a conscious decision. I imagine it was likely to combine the merits of disposable mass trooper units (conscription) and lifelong indoctrination a la the clones. Clearly it didn't work as well as they'd have liked, see Finn and Janna.

Is there ANY reason to willingly become a Stormtrooper other than wanting off your homeworld really bad? Or maybe wanting to exercise your homicidal mania? Do people want to pilot AT-ATs that badly?

Within the context of the Empire? To be the one stomping the boot and not the one being stomped on by it. Patriotism, after a fashion. And yes, probably sadism/xenophobia. Wannabe gangsters might sign up with the Empire just because it's the biggest and most powerful gang in town. There are a lot of reasons one might volunteer. Hell, for some of the more morally upright it might have seemed like a valid form of public service until they got sent to the frontier or an oppressed world and saw what was going on for themselves. Plenty of Imperials became Rebels, after all.

But yeah, within the context of the First Order conscription was almost certainly necessary. They didn't have the same clout, or the stranglehold on galactic opportunity.

Apparentally Hux's father wanted to use a sort of twisted example of the Jedi model.