Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Omega is the first clone of Sidious?
    I think they said she was a....first generation? Pure? clone of Jango? Like, no deterioration in the genetic code or whatever?

If I'm remembering that right then she's probably not a Palpatine clone (unless someone was lying). But she may have been created as part of that research. Maybe Palpatine wanted to know if a Force sensitive clone could be made before he put a ton of effort into cloning himself?

Maybe somebody thought that Force sensitive clone soldiers would be a good idea, and Omega was their last effort before getting shut down?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think Palpatine's hair is reddish/brown, as is his main actor Ian Mcdiarmid and the Rey father clone Billy Howle's hair as well.

Although as suggested she and what they're trying to do with Grogu could be "Proof of concept" stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Another episode without the Batch today, continuing the overarching storyline but focusing on Crosshair.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Another episode without the Batch today, continuing the overarching storyline but focusing on Crosshair.
    The non batch episodes have been my favorites this season and this one was fantastic as well. The doctor at the end had me wondering though, perhaps it was just chance that she had an Australian accent but it could be that Omega is a clone of her instead of Jango? It's a different voice actress than Omega, but it still gave me pause.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Damn good episode. About time Crosshair had enough of the Empire's bullshit. Guess he'll be re-joining the squad soon, to make up for Echo leaving.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Damn good episode. About time Crosshair had enough of the Empire's bullshit. Guess he'll be re-joining the squad soon, to make up for Echo leaving.
    I don't think it is that easy. He did betray them. I have a feeling that would be something that wouldn't be all that easy for the Batch to get over all too easy or quickly.

But I agree, the episode was awesome and showed that the one of the Empire's greatest flaws is that they don't grasp the concept of "Don't Waste Good".
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The non batch episodes have been my favorites this season and this one was fantastic as well. The doctor at the end had me wondering though, perhaps it was just chance that she had an Australian accent but it could be that Omega is a clone of her instead of Jango? It's a different voice actress than Omega, but it still gave me pause.
    You know, I wondered that as well. Something about the way the doctor sounded as she spoke made me think, "Is that an older Omega clone?"
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    You know, I wondered that as well. Something about the way the doctor sounded as she spoke made me think, "Is that an older Omega clone?"
    It's definitely something interesting
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Some have speculated that Crosshair might become the prototype for one of the more elite Stormtroopers we've seen in Disney's canon.

Deathtroopers are a possibility. Although some thought that Crosshair's squad of recruits were a link, I think that was mainly a sort of test run for regular non-clone recruits, but the man himself could still lead to them. Crosshair's armor design does bear a pretty close resemblance to the Darktrooper design.

We don't really know what sets them apart although the main rumors is that they're either cybernetic or undead.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Lots of Clone Wars and Alien Easter eggs
    Love those!
    The latest ep had what I have to think are "Aliens" references with Lt Nolan/ Lt Gorman ... I think Mayday had a "I feel safer already" line similar to Hudson, followed by the "how many missions have you actually lead" line.

If she had an Australian accent, it wouldn't be a coincidence as Omega has a Kiwi accent. Either way, I'm sure are lot of connections are going to be revealed.

Niffleheim

How will that make any sense considering his characterization? He breathes EMPIRE. Most importantly why would they accept him? He's a murderer by choice.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    How will that make any sense considering his characterization? He breathes EMPIRE. Most importantly why would they accept him? He's a murderer by choice.
    I don't know if he'd go back to them but I fully believe that they would definitely take him back if he was to return; even with his betrayal he's still their brother.

I don't know if he'd go back to them but I fully believe that they would definitely take him back if he was to return; even with his betrayal he's still their brother.
    Exactly. Even after Kamino, Hunter tells Crosshair that they're brothers, and don't have to be enemies. I'm sure the actual reunion wouldn't be the smoothest, they're not gonna just welcome Crosshair back with a hug and act like nothing happened, but I do believe they'd take him back. His return to the fold has been telegraphed from the start I think, the only questions are when, and how rocky the reunion is.

And Crosshair did breath Empire....until this last episode. The man's not an idiot, he sees what's happening. And maybe he drank the kool aid at first and wanted to help create a "safe and secure society" and didn't mind if that effort was heavy handed and crimped on individual liberty. But after everything that he's seen and all that's been done to him and the other clones? No, dude is finished with the Imps. I mean, you don't shoot your commanding officer in broad daylight if you still believe in the cause.

~ Black Panther.

Niffleheim

Exactly. Even after Kamino, Hunter tells Crosshair that they're brothers, and don't have to be enemies. I'm sure the actual reunion wouldn't be the smoothest, they're not gonna just welcome Crosshair back with a hug and act like nothing happened, but I do believe they'd take him back. His return to the fold has been telegraphed from the start I think, the only questions are when, and how rocky the reunion is.

And Crosshair did breath Empire....until this last episode. The man's not an idiot, he sees what's happening. And maybe he drank the kool aid at first and wanted to help create a "safe and secure society" and didn't mind if that effort was heavy handed and crimped on individual liberty. But after everything that he's seen and all that's been done to him and the other clones? No, dude is finished with the Imps. I mean, you don't shoot your commanding officer in broad daylight if you still believe in the cause.
    He is still Empire and the only issue he had is with the Lieutenant beyond that is just supposition on your part and even if what you say comes to pass it will feel very fake and tie every thing with a neat little bow.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    He is still Empire and the only issue he had is with the Lieutenant beyond that is just supposition on your part and even if what you say comes to pass it will feel very fake and tie every thing with a neat little bow.
    ...it feels more like the natural progression of Crosshair's entire story. He was used to train the new soldiers last season and saw how they despised him. Then this season in Solitary Clone we see him form a relationship with Cody and then see him desert with no care from his superior officer. Being on Coruscant he no doubt saw the events of truth and consequences and the announcement of the Defense Recruitment Bill and then in the latest episode we see him form a relationship with yet another clone, this one named Mayday and the Imperial officer's callous treatment of him led him to kill that officer. It's a story all about disillusionment with the Empire and it makes a lot of sense.