Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think that's the first time they've done an "The Empire would never show up" and the Empire did, in fact, not show up. Unless that's the next episode. But instead we got the Batch reacting to a natural disaster.
    Pretty obvious setup for down the road. Because the answer to "Why would the Empire ever come to Pabu?" is now "Because Omega is there."

Today's episode pretty much brings the different plot lines together. Echo/Rex's team of clones, Crosshair/Wayland and the Batch themselves.

Plus a familiar face appears in hologram.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Today's episode pretty much brings the different plot lines together. Echo/Rex's team of clones, Crosshair/Wayland and the Batch themselves.

Plus a familiar face appears in hologram.
    Yeah, this was a great episode really making the season feel more cohesive.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Kind of curious what the Summit is. Maybe drawing up the plans for Exegol's facilities somehow? (Although according to the comics most of the Empire was out of the loop, even Vader)

The show is continuing the trend of having prominent anime VA's voice Imperial Officers.

Did they bring the Republic Commando with them or just leave him on the ship? I feel like they'd bring him with them just to try and de-program him.

Hunter feels too restless to stick around but not sure about committing to a cause. I feel like Wrecker and Tech could actually learn to live there with Omega. Actually, it's amazing how much Tech has seemingly loosened up in his own Tech way.

I was half-expecting they chipped Crosshairs and intentionally let him escape so he could lead them straight to the Batch but I guess his message to them will serve that function. I mean, really, he has no idea where they are and probably has no idea how to reach them at this point.

Ah, good old Imperial Torture Droid.

Does the scientist lady count as a non-combattant? I mean, she's definitely not an innocent, but it's noticeable that Crosshairs stunned her instead of killing her like he did the soldiers. I wonder if she's having second thoughts about what they're doing to him.

Of course Hemlock is the type to make himself immune to poisons.

Nice to see Echo back with everybody again, especially the reunion with Omega. I wonder if we'll have the core team back together for this and end with the whole team for one last mission if they manage to free Crosshairs, though there's a lot they need to work out between them. I wonder if they'll crash the Summit?

Watched the "Summit" but not the finale/Plan 99 yet.

Here we have Krennic and Yularen, as well as young Saw Gererra. This is of course the Andrew Koshino voice, not Forest Whittaker; Krennic's short line is probably lifted from Rogue One ("Yes, Governor Tarkin"). Yularen is probably a new voice actor due to Tom Kane's health, but I couldn't find the credit for him, but it's possibly Malcolm Sinclair from Andor, maybe.

Seems that Tarkin & Krennic eventually get back at Saw for destroying this base in Rogue One....

So I'm thinking Emerie (Fan theories turned out to be correct) will probably be a new member of the Batch next season, due to the events of the finale.

Also the mentions of the clone project make it very clear it's the Emperor's priority, further connecting it to Exegol.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-29-2023 at 11:30 AM.

Mighty Member

Tech: "We must be precise."

Everyone turns to look at Wrecker.

LOL.

Hell of a two parter to end the season. Pretty much went the way I expected with the resolution and a certain reveal. Plus a couple of other things as well. But they did inside an action packed story that gave you a bit of everything you could possibly have wanted.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Watched the "Summit" but not the finale/Plan 99 yet.

Here we have Krennic and Yularen, as well as young Saw Gererra. This is of course the Andrew Koshino voice, not Forest Whittaker; Krennic's short line is probably lifted from Rogue One ("Yes, Governor Tarkin"). Yularen is probably a new voice actor due to Tom Kane's health, but I couldn't find the credit for him, but it's possibly Malcolm Sinclair from Andor, maybe.

Yularen did not appear in the episode. The Summit members were Tarkin, Hemlock, Krennic, Hurst Romodi (from Rogue One and ANH aboard the Death Star) and Barton Coburn (Plo Koon's Admiral, in the same way Yularen was Anakin's, from TCW).

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Anybody else feel like Tech will be back at some point next season? All they could recover were the goggles after all.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Yularen did not appear in the episode. The Summit members were Tarkin, Hemlock, Krennic, Hurst Romodi (from Rogue One and ANH aboard the Death Star) and Barton Coburn (Plo Koon's Admiral, in the same way Yularen was Anakin's, from TCW).
    Yeah to be honest I was a bit uncertain since the hologram was obscuring things a bit but I thought it was him.

Regarding Tech it's possible. It also seemed like a bit of a homage to Bucky's in First Avenger, so possibly they'll "Winter Soldier" him, since Crosshair of course has pretty much outlived his "Bad clone" phase.

And of course with Echo clones that were presumed dead or near death have been recovered before-and this is of course this is a saga where one of the main characters is a cyborg.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-30-2023 at 06:52 AM.

I was honestly not expecting Tech to be the one member of the Batch with a prospective romance, though I guess it didn't end up going anywhere either.

I was not expecting the Krennic cameo. Even if it was reused audio the fact that they credit Ben Mendehlson kind of threw me even if it was just for one line.

Speaking of Rogue One, Saw Gerrera! Still determined to blow @$%& up. I love how Tech completely cut through Saw's entire MO in a single sentence. You can kill and destroy as much as you like but beyond that catharsis it might not make much of a difference because they'll just fill any personnel or inventory holes you make.

Of course after really making Tech so likeable, compelling, and endearing this season...they give him a heroic sacrifice. I mean, it was a pretty epic way to go out, and very Tech, but still. I guess this means Echo might be with the team for good again and if they need a five-man squad again they might bring back Crosshairs. But without a body I'm not going to be 100% certain he's dead, especially in a Star Wars cartoon.

This op...basically accomplished nothing but screwing the Batch up. Their tracker was blown up, they lost Tech, they were weak enough that they had to go back to Cid for help, and that ended up dooming them. I mean, everyone was calling Cid betraying them but it didn't make it feel any satisfying to watch it happen. At least Cid realized how pathetic she was, even if she still deserves a shot in the back.

At least they got AZI back.

Of course Omega couldn't leave and ended up giving the bad guys exactly what they want.

So, yeah, the scientist lady having a similar voice and accent to Omega wasn't a coincidence. Are they both female clones aged at different rates or was Omega cloned from her genes (though wouldn't that make her more Omega's mother than sister)? And what would make Omega more special that they couldn't use science lady to get to Nala Se?

I guess the next season will open up with the Batch trying to hunt down Omega (and incidentally Crosshairs), Omega finding out what her deal is, and the final redemption of Crosshairs.

Watched the finale with my daughter last night. She is straight *pissed* at what happened to Tech. Thought she was gonna throw something at the tv lol.

Good finale. Do we know if season 3 is confirmed yet?

I was hoping for more with Crosshair honestly. Didn't feel like we got any resolution on him at all.

Don't think Tech is dead. We never see the body and falling to a presumed death out of sight is basically Star Wars code for "they'll be back." Has anyone in the franchise ever actually died from falling? But it did feel like the writers and show runners had a few too many characters to juggle this season so maybe they're cutting some out and Tech really is gone. But I don't believe it.

We all knew what Cid was gonna do. Been expecting it all season. Didn't expect her to get away with it though.

Loved Krennec's cameo, wasn't expecting to see him, but I really love all these little guest spots. Surprised to see Saw too, but I thought he was used well. Seemed to have a couple new scars too, I think?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Watched the finale with my daughter last night. She is straight *pissed* at what happened to Tech. Thought she was gonna throw something at the tv lol.

Good finale. Do we know if season 3 is confirmed yet?

I was hoping for more with Crosshair honestly. Didn't feel like we got any resolution on him at all.

Don't think Tech is dead. We never see the body and falling to a presumed death out of sight is basically Star Wars code for "they'll be back." Has anyone in the franchise ever actually died from falling? But it did feel like the writers and show runners had a few too many characters to juggle this season so maybe they're cutting some out and Tech really is gone. But I don't believe it.

We all knew what Cid was gonna do. Been expecting it all season. Didn't expect her to get away with it though.

Loved Krennec's cameo, wasn't expecting to see him, but I really love all these little guest spots. Surprised to see Saw too, but I thought he was used well. Seemed to have a couple new scars too, I think?
    I'm hard-pressed to see them cutting a popular new Star Wars show short after a cliffhanger like that. I think the only show they rushed to end was Resistance.

I hope Cid gets what's coming to her at some point.