Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

The Vader storyline involving the clones turning against the Inquisitors I think took place about a year after ROTS.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Purge_Trooper (These guys show up in Fallen Order as well, but that's a few years later so maybe the Clones were kicked out of the unit after the Mon Calamari incident).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't know if this was posted else where but I love what we're being shown here:

Tarkin .

I wonder if the Bad Batch didn't have the chip so they find the whole Empire and wiping out the Jedi more suspicious than the reprogrammed Clones.

With Fennec showing up in this, I wonder if they're re-adapting the Boba/Cad Bane arc.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I wonder if the Bad Batch didn't have the chip so they find the whole Empire and wiping out the Jedi more suspicious than the reprogrammed Clones.
    This is the one element of this show I am desperately hoping we get to see. How did ordinary clones (like Cody, for example), or in the case of the BB5 (Bad Batch 5, including Echo) out of the ordinary clones, deal with what happened during Order 66 and the shift to the Empire. We got hints of Order 66 fallout with Wolfe in Rebels, but Bad Batch is in a position to show us the immediate aftermath of things. Were the clones more or less good with what happened, and buy the Imperial party line? Did some of them react negatively to the transition from Republic to Empire? How many of them even realized they had been controlled? They fought to free the galaxy from tyranny, and accidentally imposed it instead. Has that changed the way any of them feel about their service?

I don't expect too much of it to be main plot front-loaded. But I would absolutely love it if we got a ton of subtext and background stuff on how the clones were affected by the transition. And it might make for some interesting drama if two factions of clones emerged, one that was totally loyal to the Empire and decided that Order 66 was right and proper because the Emperor said so, and one that looked on events with suspicion and trepidation, wondering if they have been on the wrong side all along. Really push to the breaking point the band of brothers motif that The Clone Wars played with so much in Rex/Echo/Fives stories.

I think we're going to see some drama with the transition to be sure, it looked like the Bad Batch were fighting regular Clones in one of those scenes. Whether those were Clones rebelling against the Empire like we saw in the original Battle Front II game or the Bad Batch were the rebels is yet to be seen but it looks like it'll be addressed.

Reading the comics it seemed like the Clones were just business as usual after the war, but were much more hostile or disrespectful towards the Jedi, which I assume was because of the reprogramming. Kanan had to logic bomb a Clone to get them to start to resist the reprogramming, kind of like how Rex did.

Speaking of Rex, I wonder if we'll see him try and save some Clones other than Gregor or Wolfe? It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't have tried to get to Cody.

Apparentally Cody's next mission after the wars ended was helping to conquer Kashykk , something I'm not sure the Disney EU has covered that much after the initial stages in ROTS and eventually the planet being freed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Apparentally Cody's next mission after the wars ended was helping to conquer Kashykk , something I'm not sure the Disney EU has covered that much after the initial stages in ROTS and eventually the planet being freed.
    One of the unproduced episodes of the Clone Wars was going to be the Bad Batch fighting on Kashykk with Yoda. Could we see that here?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is the closest thing I'll get to a new Republic Commando. I'm all in.

iMan 42s

So rumors floating around right now is that the black colored clones seen in the Bad Batch will also be seen in Kenobi and if they use practical suits this will also be the first time they're ever done physically.
    The Hasbro toy just announced will just be a black armored clone with a green visor. So either the grey bits will be different on specific clones or this might've spoiled the look they're going with in Kenobi.

Going back through the trailer I initially believed the Clone with the range finder was Echo given its similarity to what we know of Bad Batch Echo to look like but having replayed it at lower speeds it seems that I was very much mistaken. Echo is actually in a few shots with the squad. He's still sporting his robotic arm in this but his appearance is different from the early version we've seen though the helmet is the same. Can't believe I missed him.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So rumors floating around right now is that the black colored clones seen in the Bad Batch will also be seen in Kenobi and if they use practical suits this will also be the first time they're ever done physically.
    The Hasbro toy just announced will just be a black armored clone with a green visor. So either the grey bits will be different on specific clones or this might've spoiled the look they're going with in Kenobi.

Going back through the trailer I initially believed the Clone with the range finder was Echo given its similarity to what we know of Bad Batch Echo to look like but having replayed it at lower speeds it seems that I was very much mistaken. Echo is actually in a few shots with the squad. He's still sporting his robotic arm in this but his appearance is different from the early version we've seen though the helmet is the same. Can't believe I missed him.
    I wonder if they'll set them up as Cody's personal Clone Squadron for hunting Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reading the comics it seemed like the Clones were just business as usual after the war, but were much more hostile or disrespectful towards the Jedi, which I assume was because of the reprogramming. Kanan had to logic bomb a Clone to get them to start to resist the reprogramming, kind of like how Rex did.

Speaking of Rex, I wonder if we'll see him try and save some Clones other than Gregor or Wolfe? It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't have tried to get to Cody.
    These two meeting post-Order 66 is something I've wanted to see ever since Rex came back in Rebels. Especially since Cody was loyal in old EU.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-the-bad-batch-trailer-1/

New trailer. Looks like Saw Gerrera wil show up, although this time looking like his Clone Wars self instead of Forest Whitaker (Not sure if Whitaker voices him either). Also looks like they're on the run from the Empire, but possibly because Tarkin seems them as more of a loose cannon than the other Clones.

Also seems to be a new character, a kid. He doesn't seem to resemble Jango/Boba but has the Clone outfit. Possibly the Empire using other templates before scrapping the Clonetrooper program indefinetly?
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-30-2021 at 07:33 AM.

No idea who the new kid is, but it looks amazing!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like it has the same look as the final season of Clone Wars. I'm excited for this one