Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sandman (Marvel) vs Imhotep (Mummy)

A guy made of sand vs a guy who controls sand. Can Imhotep overpower Marko's control over sand? How would an overall fight go between them.

Huh. Gut reaction is that Imhotep has enough oomph to keep the guy in a scattered state for a flimsy 10 count victory.

What Class of strength is Sandman approximately?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Huh. Gut reaction is that Imhotep has enough oomph to keep the guy in a scattered state for a flimsy 10 count victory.

85 tons, I believe.

Mystical Mummy probably takes this....

My thought as well, I mean major sandstorms are being summoned. Not so sure Sandman can remain cohesive against all that.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Wouldn't that just add to his overall mass?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I just want to know who’s going to clean up all this mess, young man?! Go to your room!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Wouldn't that just add to his overall mass?
    I think the idea is that the two of them will be fighting for control over the same sand.

Unless Sandman is stupid strong (he might be?) I kinda feel like Imhotep will be able to destabilize him long enough for some sort of 10 count.

Sandman will be like "make body!" but his body will start falling to pieces. I dunno.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Mummy would need some other magic juju. In the 2 movie he had telekinesis basically, year sand Msn apart that way and hold him.

Because if he Sands him, it just adds to his mass, that’s not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    The Mummy would need some other magic juju. In the 2 movie he had telekinesis basically, year sand Msn apart that way and hold him.

Because if he Sands him, it just adds to his mass, that’s not smart.
    But how is Sandman going to hurt him? He's basically made of sand as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    But how is Sandman going to hurt him? He's basically made of sand as well.
    Mummy is not made of sand. He morphs into sand. In the film he was a magic reanimated body. At the end of the movie when desouled he was killed by a gut stab.

It should be noted Sand Man has a history of absorbing people via touch ( like that stupid Spider a man spring break mtv deal.)

Mummy could only do that to people who broke the treasure rules, Sand Man could do that to anyone who “fits.”

So basically, its down to if Imhotep's ability to control sand is more powerful than Sandman's, well, "sand-force". And considering the sheer amount of sand (entire sandstorms) that Imhotep controlled, gotta give the edge to the pissed off mummy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Mummy is not made of sand. He morphs into sand. In the film he was a magic reanimated body. At the end of the movie when desouled he was killed by a gut stab.

It should be noted Sand Man has a history of absorbing people via touch ( like that stupid Spider a man spring break mtv deal.)

Mummy could only do that to people who broke the treasure rules, Sand Man could do that to anyone who “fits.”
    He died to a gut stab after his powers were removed by the book of life. Sandman would die to a gut stab too if his powers were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So basically, its down to if Imhotep's ability to control sand is more powerful than Sandman's, well, "sand-force". And considering the sheer amount of sand (entire sandstorms) that Imhotep controlled, gotta give the edge to the pissed off mummy.
    That is my tentative gut reaction as well.
    - big_adventure

Besides whether or not Imhotep could control Sandman, the location could also play a role.
    Imhotep pulled the same sandstorm trick with an entire river in the second movie, and Sandman is weak to water.

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    Besides whether or not Imhotep could control Sandman, the location could also play a role.
    Imhotep pulled the same sandstorm trick with an entire river in the second movie, and Sandman is weak to water.

It's in the Arena so no water but lots of sand.