Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Wonder Woman Has Been Living up to Her Potential in JUSTICE LEAGUE

I don't know what's going on or what's suddenly different at DC COMICS proper, but Diana has been allowed to show off Gaea's strength, Athena's wisdom, and Artemis's skill in recent JUSTICE LEAGUE stories. I have to say after years of her being treated as a bit/minor player on the team, or serving as the cipher that needs to be "educated" or "schooled" by other members so that the other characters look genius by comparison, it's refreshing to see this approach on that book.

See below.

"Wonder Woman Just Proved She's Stronger Than the Justice League's Men"
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-str...ce-league-men/

"Justice League Just Proved Who Should Really Be Leading DC's Biggest Team"
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...uld-lead-team/

"Justice League Shows Why Batman Isn't Always DC's Smartest Hero"
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-b...smartest-hero/

"Justice League: [SPOILER] Proves to Be the Best Team Member - AGAIN"
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...n-best-member/

"Justice League Proves Why Star Trek's Prime Directive Matters"
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-p...ime-directive/
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

These stories were probably meant to capitalize on the movie sequel’s buzz when it had a June 2020 release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    These stories were probably meant to capitalize on the movie sequel’s buzz when it had a June 2020 release date.
    Been thinking similar things about Death Metal.

Fwiw, I thought the most recent JL issue was a good showing for her diplomatic/anti-authoritarian side and refreshing after the usual JL warrior woman stuff or Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Been thinking similar things about Death Metal.

Fwiw, I thought the most recent JL issue was a good showing for her diplomatic/anti-authoritarian side and refreshing after the usual JL warrior woman stuff or Injustice.
    Right? I was shocked to read that issue, for a brief moment I saw what Diana should been written as for a very long time.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Right? I was shocked to read that issue, for a brief moment I saw what Diana should been written as for a very long time.
    DC's doublemindedness over her characterization has been obvious over the past couple months. On the one hand, we have fairly good characterization and feats for Wonder Woman in recent issues of Justice League, and whole the writing in Agent of Peace has been all over the place, her own characterization has been pretty good, and the comic gets two extra stars just for starting and finishing a story in one issue.

On the other hand, we get death, with a side of ... death. Death death death death Death death death death DEATH! Wonderful DEATH! DC digging itself deeper into the hole it's been digging for twenty years.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    DC's doublemindedness over her characterization has been obvious over the past couple months. On the one hand, we have fairly good characterization and feats for Wonder Woman in recent issues of Justice League, and whole the writing in Agent of Peace has been all over the place, her own characterization has been pretty good, and the comic gets two extra stars just for starting and finishing a story in one issue.

On the other hand, we get death, with a side of ... death. Death death death death Death death death death DEATH! Wonderful DEATH! DC digging itself deeper into the hole it's been digging for twenty years.
    Her characterization has been the best part lately. In terms of feats, i don't think she has done a lot. That giant rock she lifted in jl is not something that aq or sm shouldn't be able to lift by themselves. Which is why i don't know why they did that. But it is nice to see her being more active in the book. Hope things get even better.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Her characterization has been the best part lately. In terms of feats, i don't think she has done a lot. That giant rock she lifted in jl is not something that aq or sm shouldn't be able to lift by themselves. Which is why i don't know why they did that. But it is nice to see her being more active in the book. Hope things get even better.
    She flew from a planet to a nearby small sun and pushed superman out of the way.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    She flew from a planet to a nearby small sun and pushed superman out of the way.
    I don't remember that one. What issue?

Yesterday’s issue.

Looks like I might have to start reading JUSTICE LEAGUE again.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    That giant rock she lifted in jl is not something that aq or sm shouldn't be able to lift by themselves.
    Wait, was that the doorway to tartarus or whatever, from a few issues ago and the Spectre stuff? Pretty sure the issue says only an Amazon can open that door or something.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Looks like I might have to start reading JUSTICE LEAGUE again.
    Spurrier’s only for three issues but at the moment the premise I find more interesting than the Venditti issues from before, which felt like a couple interesting ideas mashed together haphazardly.

Fantastic Member

I may get myself into trouble, but i'm going to say it anyway!! I don't have a problem with WW being just as smart as the men in the JL or Just as good or a better leader than some of men in the JL. But i do have a issue with WW being said to be faster than the flash she's not !! or stronger than SM she's not!! Yes !! Women are just as smart as men!! Yes!! Women are just as good as leaders as men! But physically equal to a man No!! That a biological fact!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 07-24-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I may get myself into trouble, but i'm going to say it anyway!! I don't have a problem with WW being just as smart as the men in the JL or Just as good or a better leader than some of men in the JL. But i do have a issue with WW being said to be faster than the flash she's not !! or stronger than SM she's not!! Yes !! Women are just as smart as men!! Yes!! Women are just as good as leaders as men! But physically equal to a man No!! That a biological fact!!
    This is fiction. So biological things from the real world don't matter. WW as a magical Demi Goddess with powers from multiple Gods can be physically as strong as she needs to be. And she should be a top gun in strength, durability and power. Nothing is impossible in fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    So I get not being faster than the Flash because that's his whole thing but I feel using "biology" falls apart when comparing an alien solar battery to a woman made from magical clay/daughter of a god.