Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I may get myself into trouble, but i'm going to say it anyway!! I don't have a problem with WW being just as smart as the men in the JL or Just as good or a better leader than some of men in the JL. But i do have a issue with WW being said to be faster than the flash she's not !! or stronger than SM she's not!! Yes !! Women are just as smart as men!! Yes!! Women are just as good as leaders as men! But physically equal to a man No!! That a biological fact!!
    Well, that's completely wrong. It makes no sense to talk about "biological fact" when we are talking about superhuman/fictional characters whose powers are derived from something other than muscle mass. If that were the case, then you should be arguing that absolutely no superhuman female character should ever be stronger than any superhuman male character - I hope that is not where you are going with that.

I also think that you are factually incorrect when it comes to Wonder Woman. She actually may well be physically stronger than Superman (I'll come back to that in a second) and she is definitely in the same class of strength. There have been many stories where WW has been shown to be just as strong as a Kryptonian (her many battles with Supergirl, Power Girl, or Ursa and Zod) or Daxamites (recent issues of JL). However, people often forget that WW usually does not function at her full strength -her bracelets actually retard her power. When she takes them off, she becomes even stronger.

So, no, there is no basis for saying that WW is appreciably weaker than Superman. She is definitely not as invulnerable and she is probably not as fast as Flash. However, she is far superior fighter to anyone on the JL and that is a fact that should easily make her the most formidable member of the League. Trained strength beats brute strength every time and Diana has both in spades.

Fantastic Member

On a different topic, I've really been enjoying Diana's appearances in Justice League Dark. It's a whole other side of the character and I am really looking forward to her taking on more supernatural threats, including some of the more mundane ones. Though it was very brief, for someone like me, who grew up with Anton Arcane as a particularly malignant force of evil constantly tormenting Swamp Thing, Diana's brief battle with him in the recent JLD was great - a real clash of two different worlds, but I loved it. I just wish she had been able to fully skewer him with her sword.

A few years ago, there was a reboot of "I Vampire" where Mary. Queen of Blood (the vampire queen) was preparing her vampire legions to take over the world. This was the regular DCU and I loved it when Andrew Bennett pointed out to her the futility of her trying to take on beings like Superman and Wonder Woman. I hope that we eventually get something like that in the JLD.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    Well, that's completely wrong. It makes no sense to talk about "biological fact" when we are talking about superhuman/fictional characters whose powers are derived from something other than muscle mass. If that were the case, then you should be arguing that absolutely no superhuman female character should ever be stronger than any superhuman male character - I hope that is not where you are going with that.

I also think that you are factually incorrect when it comes to Wonder Woman. She actually may well be physically stronger than Superman (I'll come back to that in a second) and she is definitely in the same class of strength. There have been many stories where WW has been shown to be just as strong as a Kryptonian (her many battles with Supergirl, Power Girl, or Ursa and Zod) or Daxamites (recent issues of JL). However, people often forget that WW usually does not function at her full strength -her bracelets actually retard her power. When she takes them off, she becomes even stronger.

So, no, there is no basis for saying that WW is appreciably weaker than Superman. She is definitely not as invulnerable and she is probably not as fast as Flash. However, she is far superior fighter to anyone on the JL and that is a fact that should easily make her the most formidable member of the League. Trained strength beats brute strength every time and Diana has both in spades.
    I agree that WW is a better fighter than most of the men in the JL. But i still believe SM is physically stronger than WW!! Yes!! But i'll give you that she is a better fighter!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I may get myself into trouble, but i'm going to say it anyway!! I don't have a problem with WW being just as smart as the men in the JL or Just as good or a better leader than some of men in the JL. But i do have a issue with WW being said to be faster than the flash she's not !! or stronger than SM she's not!! Yes !! Women are just as smart as men!! Yes!! Women are just as good as leaders as men! But physically equal to a man No!! That a biological fact!!
    Sometimes it is better to reread a post, think about it and delete that post as fast as possible. Sorry to say it, but this here is one of these cases.

Following your logic would even Hawkman and Bane need to be stronger and faster than Wonder Woman, you do understand how dumb and devoid of any logic that would be, right?

An actual fact is that biological facts about godly empowered demi-goddesses and solar-powered aliens don't exist, because they are fiction. And even for the real word is that biogical fact wrong the way you phrased it, except you would seriously try to tell me you can sprint 100m in less than 10.49 seconds and lift more than 622lb?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 07-24-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Sometimes it is better to reread a post, think about it and delete that post as fast as possible. Sorry to say it, but this here is one of these cases.

Following your logic would even Hawkman and Bane need to be stronger and faster than Wonder Woman, you do understand how dumb and devoid of any logic that would be, right?

An actual fact is that biological facts about godly empowered demi-goddesses and solar-powered aliens don't exist, because they are fiction. And even for the real word is that biogical fact wrong the way you phrased it, except you would seriously try to tell me you can sprint 100m in less than 10.49 seconds and lift more than 622lb?
    I'll agree with you when it comes to fiction!! When you talk about running or lifting weights in general men lift more and run faster to include track and field on the high school, college level and the olympic games!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 07-26-2020 at 08:44 AM.