Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The continued Koala as god bit is a little weird.
    He's a member of the K-tinuum which are the creators of the Q Continuum.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least she put it to official record.
    I take it that's a reference to Kirk and Sulu not reporting stuff.

Since Lower Decks is essentially comedy, I'm okay with the hazing since it wasn't anything vicious.

The nice world computer that was not trying to rule or destroy was a funny takeoff on the more common TOS story type.

But, my favorite part was Boimler learning to be in command and that he was doing things out of concern for his crew, not because he didn't trust them.

Also, great stuff with the Easter Eggs from old Star Trek episodes, especially stuff like the metal face box from an early TNG getting hit by the memory thing that Picard lived through and the thing that swore up a storm only to have Tendi mention that she hadn't know it has met Dr. T-Ana. Best of all, Ruthford doing a cakewalk through "Move Along Home".
    Power with Girl is better.

Wonder if "I miss my wife" is going to be a recurring gag all season.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I take it that's a reference to Kirk and Sulu not reporting stuff.

Since Lower Decks is essentially comedy, I'm okay with the hazing since it wasn't anything vicious.

The nice world computer that was not trying to rule or destroy was a funny takeoff on the more common TOS story type.

But, my favorite part was Boimler learning to be in command and that he was doing things out of concern for his crew, not because he didn't trust them.

Also, great stuff with the Easter Eggs from old Star Trek episodes, especially stuff like the metal face box from an early TNG getting hit by the memory thing that Picard lived through and the thing that swore up a storm only to have Tendi mention that she hadn't know it has met Dr. T-Ana. Best of all, Ruthford doing a cakewalk through "Move Along Home".
    Or how the show has been featuring mostly evil AI.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm curious about Tendi's family. We've seen her family was Syndicate connected (from the DS9 crossover), but her great grandmother served aboard an Orion science vessel whose captain dislike the pirate assumption. Now, it's eminently possible for both of these to have occurred. Great Grandma Astrea could have been trying to get out of the pirate life as well as D'Vana. That would be a story I'd like to see fleshed out.
    And sometimes I get my wish.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Today's episode in a nutshell....

Congratulations to whoever had Ferengi in the "Next Ship to Get Blasted by the Mystery Vessel" pool.

Incredible Member

It was fun to see Tendi & Rutherford try to play house, I half feel it was a poke at everyone who wants them to get together. Maybe at the end of the show.

The Mystery Vessel is targeting betrayal, so I'll be disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be a alien probe that picked up a transmission of an old Earth reality show where the contestant constantly betrayed each other. The Bachelor meets V'ger.
    Sounds perfect.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

In anticipation for the finale of S4 I sat down over the last two days and blitzed through the available 9 episodes.
    Right away I like the underlying subplot of this unknown vessel attacking across the Alpha/Beta Quads. Further I enjoyed the ep9 reveal of who might be behind this ship.

Top 3 favorite episodes to date, pending the finale.
    ep6 - Parth Ferengi's Heart Place
    ep4 - Something Borrowed, Something Green
    sp9 - The Inner Fight

My least favorite episode this season was ep7, A Few Badgeys More.

As a big DS9 fan loved the throwback with those characters.
    I've grown into a Tendi fan over the course of the show and episodes featuring her have been fun and revealing of Orion culture. Reveals that I hope one day show up in live action shows.
    I'd guess big Voyager fans might really like/love ep.1 Twovix.
    The TNG throwback reveal with spoilers:
    Nick Locarno
    end of spoilers being tied to the 'big bad' looks intriguing. Curious on the finale big time now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Given they mentioned Sito I hope it isn't her having survived and gotten her old classmate working with her to steal ships.

Suppose it could be; the actress appears to be retired but certainly they can have a new voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Given they mentioned Sito I hope it isn't her having survived and gotten her old classmate working with her to steal ships.

Suppose it could be; the actress appears to be retired but certainly they can have a new voice.
    The episode pretty much revealed it's pretty much just Nick.

The better question: Will they also throw in Tom Paris in the finale?

This is looking like a pretty epic story. The Mariner issues are coming to a head and tying them in with the namesake TNG episode is so fan service thrilling I love it.

Because the LDers are coming together to solve this problem and it's fairly big, it's a possible series finale story. And since I have no idea how the strike is affecting this show, it might be all we get for a while. If it's merely a season finale, I expect Mariner to be taking a long leave to work on her issues as something resembling a cliffhanger. Locarno knows Beckett through their Academy days as shown in "The First Duty". She knows Nick and she was friends with Sito. Her ptsd from the Cardassian War is certainly heavy for Lower Decks, but adding in her losing Sito and what role she may have played in Joshua Albert's death is deep. My guess right now is she was part of, or close to being part of Nova Squadron and when Wesley showed up, he beat her out for the position. Her friendship with Nova Squad was damaged by that and her escaping the incident could represent a lot of survivor's guilt.

Yeah, way too much and way too intense.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This is looking like a pretty epic story. The Mariner issues are coming to a head and tying them in with the namesake TNG episode is so fan service thrilling I love it.

Because the LDers are coming together to solve this problem and it's fairly big, it's a possible series finale story. And since I have no idea how the strike is affecting this show, it might be all we get for a while. If it's merely a season finale, I expect Mariner to be taking a long leave to work on her issues as something resembling a cliffhanger. Locarno knows Beckett through their Academy days as shown in "The First Duty". She knows Nick and she was friends with Sito. Her ptsd from the Cardassian War is certainly heavy for Lower Decks, but adding in her losing Sito and what role she may have played in Joshua Albert's death is deep. My guess right now is she was part of, or close to being part of Nova Squadron and when Wesley showed up, he beat her out for the position. Her friendship with Nova Squad was damaged by that and her escaping the incident could represent a lot of survivor's guilt.

Yeah, way too much and way too intense.
    Just say the episode. I'm cancelling my business cards for my being a fortune teller.

The episode pretty much revealed it's pretty much just Nick.

The better question: Will they also throw in Tom Paris in the finale?
    Reportedly they did get the actress back though for the cameo along with Wil.

Given the Khan tributes I half expected them to show Nic in an escape pod on the surface like Spock's tube or even somehow reborn on the new Genesis planet. Guess they perfected David's faulty formula when they made the new one as it was stable.

Incredible Member

Will they also throw in Tom Paris in the finale?
    I don't see it.
    Sounds perfect.