By now I take it you have all seen the trailer to the new animated Trek series Lower Decks. You folks remember when Seth MacFarlane was making The Orville and everyone sneered at it and said it would be Family Guy in space? Well, The Orville turned out to be a great dramedy while still honoring Trek because MacFarlane is a huge Trekkie.

If you are looking for a "Family Guy In Space" then Lower Decks looks to be the show you want. Nothing wrong with that, check out my avatar. I just find it amusing that MacFarlane originally pitched CBS to do Star Trek but was turned down. I wonder if the folks in charge of Trek at CBS is looking at what Kurtzman has wrought and what MacFarlane has been able to do without the Trek brand and then seeing this attempt at a Trek cartoon and remembering MacFarlane's work in animation. Combine that with a peek at Metacritic and maybe CBS is starting to think that maybe they bet on the wrong horse? Discovery gets 72 from the critics and a 3.9 from users. The Orville gets 36 from critics but an 8.7 from users. Picard gets a 76 from critics and a 4.2 from users.