Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    S2, ep.9 - wej Duj (weird title)

So the broader idea of showing Lower Decks life across a few other races was intriguing to me. I enjoyed they way they tied it all together not just within the episode but the larger Pakled "threat".
    I play Star Trek Online, where, during the first season the game devs introduced the four Lower Deckers are duty officers that you could get for your Federation captains, and I really, really wanted Lower Decker duty officer options for the Klingon faction captains, so was eager to see Klingon 'Lower Deckers' on the show for purely selfish reasons, but it was even more fun to see Vulcan Lower Deckers, and even Borg and Pakled Lower Deckers. (Now I want to see Romulan, Cardassian, Jem'Hadar, Orion, Ferengi, etc. Lower Deckers, just for the laughs.)

I did kind of hope they'd more obviously parallel the Cerritos gang. Just as 'our' Lower Deckers are three humans and an alien, I would have liked the Klingon Lower Deckers to be three Klingons and an allied alien (preferably a Gorn, but a Nausican or Lethean could work) as their 'Tendi.' It was great that one of them was stuck on 'Targ handler' duties for the day, since that was totally my idea for one of the less popular jobs on a bird of prey. Having one of the Klingons be 'the Boimler' and be a stickler for tradition and honor and impressing the officers, and another be 'the Mariner' and be more gung-ho and 'whatever works' and contemptuous of authority could have been amusing. As it was, the four Klingons came off a bit same-y to me.

I am loving that there's a Tamarian on the ship. Darmok was one of my absolute favorite Next Gen episodes, and it's fun to see them continue on.

Now I just want to see a Binar dyad, either in sciences or engineering! "It's so unfair, they get two bunks!" "Well, there's two of them." "But they're one person! They're small, they could totally share! And I was storing my stuff in that extra bunk..."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Season finale has aired. Thoughts?

Who actually did that damage to the Pakleds homeworld?
    How will Captain Freeman be freed? I didn't see Ransome put a Viridian patch on her.
    At least there are no deaths to overturn this season.
    The porpoises on the ship is funny and odd all at the same time.....purpose?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Season finale has aired. Thoughts?

Who actually did that damage to the Pakleds homeworld?
    How will Captain Freeman be freed? I didn't see Ransome put a Viridian patch on her.
    At least there are no deaths to overturn this season.
    The porpoises on the ship is funny and odd all at the same time.....purpose?
    Considering the Pakleds they probably did it to themselves.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

I'm only catching Season 1 now via DVD and I have to say that "He's a Captain Kirk sundae with Trip Tucker sprinkles" from Episode 5 might just be the funniest line I've ever heard in any Star Trek episode.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Considering the Pakleds they probably did it to themselves.
    Believable and a quick wrap up at S3ep1.
    The bungled some acquired tech and BOOM!

So the Koala is still around, huh?

I just got caught up on S3, up to episode 8 which dropped today. Some good stuff this season.
    Glad to see that Captain Freeman and the Pakled debacle was resolved in that ep1 and not carried over.
    The planet with the "fantasy orbs" was a fun one.
    The Delta shift competition to rig the contest for Deck one quarters was a blast!
    The DS9 show was great but I'm a big DS9 fan so some bias. Tendi and her Orion arse kicking was great.
    The Peanut Hamper focused show felt very Avatar inspired in some ways, anyone else get that vibe?

Two episodes to go and hate watching week to week but I was able to get caught up so binging through 8 was pretty fun.

The Peanut Hamper focused show felt very Avatar inspired in some ways, anyone else get that vibe?
    Definitely.

The episode with the planet ruled by a supercomputer, a psychic baby, and a sentient volcano was also great

I'm behind on Lower Decks because I don't have Paramount+ so I wait to buy the DVD. I just finished the first half of Season 2. It's been fine but I haven't chuckled all that much this time around. That Tom Paris episode was kind of annoying even allowing for the fact that the show is an animated sitcom.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Episode 9 - Trusted Sources

This episode is a follow up to TNG S1 ep22 "Symbiosis". Captain Freeman has finally gotten approval of her 'Swing By" initiative. The Admiral in charge sends out an FNN reporter to follow them on this first mission.
    spoilers:
    She interviews selected crew and Mariner is not on the list. So Mariner waits for her and insists on an interview. Meanwhile the initial planet of Ornara that was once addled with medical issues is now doing well. The sister planet that was the cause of the problems, Brekka has been overrun by The Breen. As the Breen attack the Cerritos a mysterious new automated ship, Texas class, saves the day. The FNN reporter does not have a good report on the Cerritos and blame is cast on Mariner. Captain Freeman sends her off to Starbase 80 where we find out she resigns her commission and has now partnered up with a rogue freelancer/pirate whose name escapes me. Last seen in S2 maybe?
    end of spoilers

I grade this episode a strong A-

Anyone else watch this one yet?

Episode 9 - Trusted Sources

This episode is a follow up to TNG S1 ep22 "Symbiosis". Captain Freeman has finally gotten approval of her 'Swing By" initiative. The Admiral in charge sends out an FNN reporter to follow them on this first mission.
    spoilers:
    She interviews selected crew and Mariner is not on the list. So Mariner waits for her and insists on an interview. Meanwhile the initial planet of Ornara that was once addled with medical issues is now doing well. The sister planet that was the cause of the problems, Brekka has been overrun by The Breen. As the Breen attack the Cerritos a mysterious new automated ship, Texas class, saves the day. The FNN reporter does not have a good report on the Cerritos and blame is cast on Mariner. Captain Freeman sends her off to Starbase 80 where we find out she resigns her commission and has now partnered up with a rogue freelancer/pirate whose name escapes me. Last seen in S2 maybe?
    end of spoilers

I grade this episode a strong A-

Anyone else watch this one yet?
    spoilers:
    The independent Archaeologist that Mariner joined in was last seen in Reflections, the 5th episode of this season
    end of spoilers

Anyone else watch the S3 finale?
    Another good season of Lower Decks.

It was a fun and solid finale that brought a lot of stuff together, although while I understand why Mariner handled things the way she did, it felt like a little too...clean a resolution.

But a character I had been waiting to see on the Cerritos for a while finally showed up, so that was satisfying.

Also there's a post-credit scene.

Looks like we've got an AI story set up for next season.

Also somebody pointed out that the references in this episode were almost entirely to things established on Lower Decks instead of other Star Trek shows

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was a fun and solid finale that brought a lot of stuff together, although while I understand why Mariner handled things the way she did, it felt like a little too...clean a resolution.

But a character I had been waiting to see on the Cerritos for a while finally showed up, so that was satisfying.

Also there's a post-credit scene.
    Because:

1) the S4 premiere is coming up, and
    2) I just finished season 3,

I thought a bump was needed.

First, I am not happy I wasn't able to see the post credit scene of 3.10 on P+, but I got enough of it from Trek Culture. I am not sure whether there will be a collection of evil Lower Deckers with Boimler's dupe and Rutherford's Badgey implant device, or a collection of evil AIs. Maybe both.

Mirror Universe Lower Deckers are something I'd like to see, even if only a one-off episode. Seeing them try to assassinate the senior officers in LD style could be a lot of fun.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?