Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

And this issue was great. A truly creepy descent into some kind of mental hellscape.

Peter's dialogue about needing MJ rings true--and hints at One More Day having long-term consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I still feel like Ned Leeds is a pretty good bet for Kindred? His interests seem to gravitate toward Ned's crime reporting sensibilities. He'd have had a professional interest in Wilson Fisk and the Sin Eater, for instance, both of whom he's using to accomplish his goals.

Also, keep thinking about Norman telling Kindred that he considers him his 'true legacy.' Which strikes me as him trolling Ned a bit about being mistaken for Hobgoblin...and seeing shattered lives as being his true legacy.
    I keep thinking Harry but that seems to obvious. I would go with Ned but then I think about that clone of him dying and it changes my mind.

BANNED

I'm going with Gwen - the original 616 Gwen.

Weird issue, interesting stuff. But also a little scattered.

Incredible Member

So yet again we get no new clues or anything? Just another dream attack??

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    So yet again we get no new clues or anything? Just another dream attack??
    Well, we know that his death was not cold. I checked and Harry Osborn died with what looked like a very severe goblin serum fever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I'm going with Gwen - the original 616 Gwen.

Weird issue, interesting stuff. But also a little scattered.
    I still think it is Leeds but the “Legacy” goes straight to Gwen. Why? It could refer to the “Stacy Twins” and Norman raising them without a mother. I guarantee that Gwen as Kindred and especially using Sins Past to stick it to her, would create a OMD type firestorm. I really do not think Spencer will go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I still think it is Leeds but the “Legacy” goes straight to Gwen. Why? It could refer to the “Stacy Twins” and Norman raising them without a mother. I guarantee that Gwen as Kindred and especially using Sins Past to stick it to her, would create a OMD type firestorm. I really do not think Spencer will go in that direction.
    I keep going back to the Gwen mini coming out of seemingly nowhere and for seemingly no reason, and putting all this major emphasis on Gwen and her dealings with all these criminal types...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I keep going back to the Gwen mini coming out of seemingly nowhere and for seemingly no reason, and putting all this major emphasis on Gwen and her dealings with all these criminal types...
    I think it's just because of Spider-Verse and that Gwen is more popular.

Gwen is definitely still a possibility. She has law enforcement connections through her father so that could explain her interest in the criminal underworld and also Stan Carter.

I still lean toward Ned, but maybe that's just my personal bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think it's just because of Spider-Verse and that Gwen is more popular.
    But shouldn't that mean promoting Gwen/Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider/etc more instead of 616 Gwen?

But shouldn't that mean promoting Gwen/Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider/etc more instead of 616 Gwen?
    They are actually doing both.

The Ned clone is interesting. Nick Spencer made it clear that clones are the real deal and have souls, and then brought Ned's clone to the forefront only to kill him off. But that could be a red herring with some kind of logical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They are actually doing both.
    But I just don't see as pressing need to promote 616 Gwen. That wasn't the version people saw in Into the Spider-Verse.

But I just don't see as pressing need to promote 616 Gwen. That wasn't the version people saw in Into the Spider-Verse.
    Yeah but I don't know, doing a retcon to make it credible that Gwen Stacy went to hell is very hardcore, right?

You bring up an interesting point. I'd say it's certainly possible the Gwen mini was designed to feed into Spencer's story. But equally possible the writer pitched the concept independently of anything currently happening in the books.