Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I'm kind of wondering about the timeline of this with Mary Jane's book. They used to be running concurrently before the latter was on hiatus but I guess in-universe MJ is still filming the movie? I'm kind of curious how long Spencer had planned to write her out of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of wondering about the timeline of this with Mary Jane's book. They used to be running concurrently before the latter was on hiatus but I guess in-universe MJ is still filming the movie? I'm kind of curious how long Spencer had planned to write her out of the book.
    She is in witness protection because she saw a murder after the movie. She is Montana.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    You bring up an interesting point. I'd say it's certainly possible the Gwen mini was designed to feed into Spencer's story. But equally possible the writer pitched the concept independently of anything currently happening in the books.
    The most twisted outcome would be Gwen as Kindred and getting Osborn on the bridge, and Peter having to decide whether ( or) not to save him? Either scenario would really f up Peter’s mind.

This issue was almost the perfect prelude, but then Kim Jacinto left.

Big ups to my homie, Overdrive. You were a real one, my guy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This issue was almost the perfect prelude, but then Kim Jacinto left.

Big ups to my homie, Overdrive. You were a real one, my guy.
    Ill be honest I hate all the BND era characters, I didnt like a single one but man Nick Spencer with Superior Foes and now actually got me to like and care for Overdrive.

I needed this after so little to look forward to and Sin Eater just chills me for his pursuit of Overdrive, which i like that there was follow through though again the hints of OMD make me question where Spencer is taking us with Kindred and its connection to Peter and MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I still think it is Leeds but the “Legacy” goes straight to Gwen. Why? It could refer to the “Stacy Twins” and Norman raising them without a mother. I guarantee that Gwen as Kindred and especially using Sins Past to stick it to her, would create a OMD type firestorm. I really do not think Spencer will go in that direction.
    If he does have the cojones to go there (and is allowed to by Marvel and Papa Disney), I'll buy every issue of his run three times (including those I have skipped) once the reveal occurs.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Could it be Baby May/unborn child of OMD whose Soul was claimed by Mephisto raised to earth who has become Kindred and given false memories by Mephisto who is currently cooking up something and is almost everywhere? Goblin may consider her his legacy as he is responsible for her fate in a twisted way but perhaps that's way too dark having a child turn into a demon due to the machinations of the devil and/or a madman so scratch that idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Could it be Baby May/unborn child of OMD whose Soul was claimed by Mephisto raised to earth who has become Kindred and given false memories by Mephisto who is currently cooking up something and is almost everywhere? Goblin may consider her his legacy as he is responsible for her fate in a twisted way but perhaps that's way too dark having a child turn into a demon due to the machinations of the devil and/or a madman so scratch that idea.
    That would be a variation on Sins Past ( Osborn and Grey Goblin), I do not see it. I am waiting to see the ending of Original Gwen to see if she did anything bad enough to send her to Hell in the first place? I know she was nasty to Aunt May and some condemn her for Sam Bullett, but neither are that bad to warrant her in Hell. But if she did, then she goes right to the Top of the Kindred Suspect list. Right now I rank her third. 1: Leeds. 2: Harry. 3: Gwen.

Extraordinary Member

It’s Gwen Stacy.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s Gwen Stacy.
    It's Ned! Nah, I don't know. Both seem like credible options. But I'm personally partial to Ned. Doesn't really matter though I'm loving the ride and I'm pretty confident Spencer will make it work beautifully whoever Kindred is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    It's Ned! Nah, I don't know. Both seem like credible options. But I'm personally partial to Ned. Doesn't really matter though I'm loving the ride and I'm pretty confident Spencer will make it work beautifully whoever Kindred is.
    Kindred's been built up too long that the reveal has to be an instanteous recognition and surprise. Something that works on an animal level.

What I mean is that the minute it's revealed who Kindred is, there's going to be press, PR, and so on, it's got to build interest to bring civilians or others who hadn't followed Spencer's run to dive in and see the buildup and so on.

Ned Leeds doesn't have the right flex for that.

Gwen does though.

The dream stuff was a little disappointing, although the final reveal makes more sense as to why the dreams might be especially meaningful.

I did really like the scenes where Peter talks about why he needs a reason to take off the mask, and how it can get back, although that's a little undercut by the dream reveal.

Still, it worked in terms of setting up where Peter is and the Sin-Eater's return.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

how did we gaslight ourselves into thinking he's either gwen, when mysterio confirmed he's a man, or extremely minor and flat supporting character ned leeds, who was alive when kindred debuted
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I get that Kindred already teased he would involve them before, but the series and story has been so self-contained so far and their connection to Peter so tenuous that the splash page that involved the other Spiders fell flat for me.