Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    You can also make the same case against MJ. She was rude condescending and actually threatened to hit her father in law which was incredibly insensitive considering what he had undergone.(no one had an idea at the time that he was a fake.) She slapped Ben and unfairly put additional baggage on him when Kaine was to blame. She was leading wolverine on which lead to Logan stabbing Peter and further tensions between them. She led Harry Osborn on and took advantage of him and her leaving him lead to his subsequent problems which is a far graver sin. She was interested in Jerome and almost had a affair with him. It is she who ultimately gives up her marriage to the devil instead of letting nature take its course. It's easy to point the finger of blame at fictional characters as none are flawless and cracks appear in each character's facade if you look closely enough.
    All this is (more or less) true. You know, unlike some people here, I don't mind that MJ or Gwen have made mistakes. I don't hold their shortcomings against them by trying to discredit one or the other to prop my favorite. Flaws make characters interesting. I'd rather have a complex character who makes mistakes learning from them than a perfect "Mary Sue" type any day.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

You can also make the same case against MJ. She was rude condescending and actually threatened to hit her father in law which was incredibly insensitive considering what he had undergone.(no one had an idea at the time that he was a fake.) She slapped Ben and unfairly put additional baggage on him when Kaine was to blame. She was leading wolverine on which lead to Logan stabbing Peter and further tensions between them. She led Harry Osborn on and took advantage of him and her leaving him lead to his subsequent problems which is a far graver sin. She was interested in Jerome and almost had a affair with him. It is she who ultimately gives up her marriage to the devil instead of letting nature take its course. It's easy to point the finger of blame at fictional characters as none are flawless and cracks appear in each character's facade if you look closely enough.
    Everyone knows MJ’s flaws. Her treatment of her sister is Exhibit: A. Then you had her party girl/wild child days. But MJ is a great character because she has grown as a character, is also tough ( ask Smythe about her sometime), with a huge heart ( see ASM 122).

Incredible Member

I'm still going to say I believe it's Jean Dewolff. Sin Eater was a one off character that lost in his first story after murdering Jean and then came and then instigated a stand off with cops that led to suicide by cop. There is no real reason for Sin Eater to be back at all unless he has a concert connection to Kindred. As far as I recall, Gwen was already dead by the time Sin Eater appeared.

If you go back and read the death of Jean Dewolff story, Peter is shocked to find that Jean was sort of obsessed with Spider-Man. Peter finds a stash of newspaper clippings about Spider-Man and notes that in one of the clippings, Black Cat has been cut out. The first emotional outburst we see from Kindred Is when Peter reveals his identity to Black Cat. As for Kingpin being afraid of Kindred - there has to be some sort of story there that we don't know about but remember that in the Ultimate Universe, Jean was a corrupt cop on Fisk's payroll and she was also sleeping with him. In spectacular Spider-Man 109, Kingpin says he didn't like Jean because she was honest and honest people bore him so I don't know what the connection could be but retcons are a thing so who knows. Jean seemed like a straight by the book cop in 616 so maybe she knew more about Fisk that had him actually worried about her and if she was Kindred, she would be able to use that against him. As for Mysterio - I don't know. But the way Kindred is trying to protect MJ and was angry about Black Cat suggest it was someone who loved Spider-Man and I highly doubt we are going to get another boring ass Gwen story. And as for Osborn's connection to Kindred? The same cane be said for Osborn as it was for Kingpin; there has to be more we don't know.

Another clue I noticed was that Kindred said "they say it's cold when you die" and ironically enough, Peter photographs a blonde woman running across the street and says "it's 40 degrees outside and she's dressed like a beach bunny" or something to that effect. Jean was killed when it was cold

BANNED

It would be something of a cliche storyline if Gwen is returned from death for the nth time. It's almost as cliche at this time as the goblin(Norman) returning yet again after he got his ass kicked for the umpteenth time. It would be a novelty if someone other turns out to be Kindred. Jean could be a candidate but it would not be a PC storyline if the victim of a serial murder returns as a demon so it doesn't seem likely. Perhaps it's Charlie from Wolverine vs Spider Man returned to life as a pawn of hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I'm still going to say I believe it's Jean Dewolff. Sin Eater was a one off character that lost in his first story after murdering Jean and then came and then instigated a stand off with cops that led to suicide by cop. There is no real reason for Sin Eater to be back at all unless he has a concert connection to Kindred. As far as I recall, Gwen was already dead by the time Sin Eater appeared.

If you go back and read the death of Jean Dewolff story, Peter is shocked to find that Jean was sort of obsessed with Spider-Man. Peter finds a stash of newspaper clippings about Spider-Man and notes that in one of the clippings, Black Cat has been cut out. The first emotional outburst we see from Kindred Is when Peter reveals his identity to Black Cat. As for Kingpin being afraid of Kindred - there has to be some sort of story there that we don't know about but remember that in the Ultimate Universe, Jean was a corrupt cop on Fisk's payroll and she was also sleeping with him. In spectacular Spider-Man 109, Kingpin says he didn't like Jean because she was honest and honest people bore him so I don't know what the connection could be but retcons are a thing so who knows. Jean seemed like a straight by the book cop in 616 so maybe she knew more about Fisk that had him actually worried about her and if she was Kindred, she would be able to use that against him. As for Mysterio - I don't know. But the way Kindred is trying to protect MJ and was angry about Black Cat suggest it was someone who loved Spider-Man and I highly doubt we are going to get another boring ass Gwen story. And as for Osborn's connection to Kindred? The same cane be said for Osborn as it was for Kingpin; there has to be more we don't know.

Another clue I noticed was that Kindred said "they say it's cold when you die" and ironically enough, Peter photographs a blonde woman running across the street and says "it's 40 degrees outside and she's dressed like a beach bunny" or something to that effect. Jean was killed when it was cold
    Jean DeWolff's death happened at the hands of a villain totally detached from and unconnected to Spider-Man. So it doesn't fit in terms of her rage and vindictiveness. Jean DeWolff had a kind of harmless infatuation with Spider-Man not grounds for a serious grudge on him. More importantly Jean DeWolff had no familiarity at all with Peter Parker which Kindred absolutely does have. It'd make no sense on a story perspective for Jean DeWolff to be obsessed with Peter because that wasn't who she came to know first.

It would be something of a cliche storyline if Gwen is returned from death for the nth time.
    Gwen Stacy has never returned from the dead, not even once. We've had clones of her coming and going, but never the actual Gwen who died in ASM#122. Doing her return for legit would be a gamechanger. I mean they teased out Jason Todd returning from the dead in HUSH long before they brought him back for real right, and it was still a big deal when Jason Todd came back.

It would be a novelty if someone other turns out to be Kindred.
    Someone other with a random grudge against Spider-Man and intimate familiarity with Peter Parker, man behind the mask? That doesn't make sense.

Mystery story rules and logic can seem cliche but they are cliche for a reason. They are hard to improve on and subvert entirely.

Perhaps it's Charlie from Wolverine vs Spider Man returned to life as a pawn of hell.
    Charlie doesn't know Peter Parker personally or intimately, and she committed suicide by putting herself before one of Spider-Man's punches, so it doesn't make sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post

There are several problems with DeWolffe as Kindred. 1: She was not around in the Ditko era. 2: Her obsession was Spider-Man not Peter Parker. 3: What did she do that warranted her going to Hell? 4: As we have seen with Spencer he is about two things. 1: Using obscure characters ( see Gibbon). 2: Fixing things as opposed to opening another can of worms. Pete and MJ, Kraven and the Connors family are examples of this. The Death of Jean DeWolffe is on most Top 10 lists of the Best Spider-Man stories ever, and this does not require fixing. The “Happy ending” ( or as close to as possible happy for Billy while Ned comes back and s promptly killed off, could easily be a clue to him being Kindred. It is especially true because he is alive and playing a major role in MCU. Why is it interesting? Because often Amazing is used to coincide with MCU ( electro was an example of this).

BANNED

Decent issue, still think the more fans put investment in petere happiness the more its going to hurt. Something bad is going to happen to mj.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Decent issue, still think the more fans put investment in petere happiness the more its going to hurt. Something bad is going to happen to mj.
    That's kind of the point, I think. Peter Parker's life as himself and as Spider-Man will always be full of challenges, difficulties, and setbacks, some harsher and more painful than others, but what makes him a hero is his witty perseverance and gritty determination to see it all through.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Jean DeWolff's death happened at the hands of a villain totally detached from and unconnected to Spider-Man. So it doesn't fit in terms of her rage and vindictiveness. Jean DeWolff had a kind of harmless infatuation with Spider-Man not grounds for a serious grudge on him. More importantly Jean DeWolff had no familiarity at all with Peter Parker which Kindred absolutely does have. It'd make no sense on a story perspective for Jean DeWolff to be obsessed with Peter because that wasn't who she came to know first.

Gwen Stacy has never returned from the dead, not even once. We've had clones of her coming and going, but never the actual Gwen who died in ASM#122. Doing her return for legit would be a gamechanger. I mean they teased out Jason Todd returning from the dead in HUSH long before they brought him back for real right, and it was still a big deal when Jason Todd came back.

Someone other with a random grudge against Spider-Man and intimate familiarity with Peter Parker, man behind the mask? That doesn't make sense.

Mystery story rules and logic can seem cliche but they are cliche for a reason. They are hard to improve on and subvert entirely.

Charlie doesn't know Peter Parker personally or intimately, and she committed suicide by putting herself before one of Spider-Man's punches, so it doesn't make sense.
    My entire post was sarcastic. Guess the use of the emoji didn't make it clear. Anyways nice to get a serious response to a jocular post.

BANNED

My entire post waa sarcastic and not meant to be taken seriously.

BANNED

My entire post waa sarcastic and not meant to be taken seriously.
    In the words of the wise:
    Yoda That is why you fail.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's kind of the point, I think. Peter Parker's life as himself and as Spider-Man will always be full of challenges, difficulties, and setbacks, some harsher and more painful than others, but what makes him a hero is his witty perseverance and gritty determination to see it all through.
    Sometime it is not worth it though and for a ongoing serial like this. See OMD. Compared to this other iconic peers, spidey should have been grown from forsaken bad ending thatbruins peters life and relationships for the billionth time, even batman is more optimistic than Peter nowadays.

BANNED

In the words of the wise:
    Yoda That is why you fail.jpg
    Alas it's more like casting pearls before swine. They continue to wallow in mud regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Judging by their expressions I'd say yes. If Julia has her full Madame Web/Spider-Woman powers back she could possibly have shared it with the others, but we don't know if she's been repowered yet, so it was probably Kindred sending it to all of them.
    In the cover of Spider-Man solicitation, Julia appears with her psychic webs
    Last edited by Hephoenix; 07-23-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    In the cover of Spider-Man solicitation, Julia appears with her psychic webs
    Which might mean she has her original Spider-Woman/Arachne powers back, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.