Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well this isn't so different from the Outsiders back in the day; Batman's covert group to do the dirty work the League wouldn't, or couldn't be seen doing. Not exactly a "kill squad" but not so far removed from it either.

Bruce wouldn't support a kill squad; he'd be down with a covert group but not one that employs lethal force. Clark would dislike the need of a covert group but would support it....but like Bruce would draw the line at killing. Lethal force in self defense is one thing, but Clark's not gonna support executions. Hal too would support a covert squad; it's no different from military ops or cops going undercover, but both he and Barry would disagree on the "kill" part. The League doesn't have any legal authority, so for Hal and Barry this would just be murder. Hell Barry would likely disagree about the need of a covert group in the first place.

Diana and Arthur....they're rulers, well acquainted and trained in the dirtier aspects of politics and peace keeping, so I can see them putting this together.

I agree Ollie would be a good pick here; moral conscience, he's not afraid of lethal force but tries to avoid it when he can.....yeah, he'd be good. I don't see him being a leader though; Ollie is a hot mess of a man and can barely keep his own life stable, much less a team. Make him a member? Absolutely, they need his kind of bleeding heart morality to keep them from sinking deeper than they want to be. Leader? Not so much.

Jason might be good....if you can trust him. Bruce might have let him back into the Cave but this is a secret, League sanctioned kill squad. Would anyone trust Jason enough with that kind of intel? Bruce might, but would the others? I don't see it happening, not when this going public would destroy the entire League. I wouldn't be against his inclusion but, especially if Bruce isn't involved in arranging the roster, I don't think any other Leaguer would want him there.

Nightwing, however, might be a good replacement if Jason isn't an option. He doesn't kill, but he works with people who do (how many Titans have killed a sentient being? Most, if not all, right?) and the fact that Dick *doesn't* kill people means you've got someone cool headed on the roster who can keep the team from racking up a higher body count than necessary. Plus, it's Nightwing. He's one of the most trusted heroes on earth, respected by the entire hero community, if you want a leader you'll find none better, and after all the Spyral stuff we know Dick can keep a secret. Dick wouldn't want to be there, which is why he'd be a great choice to lead the team, he won't let them get lost in the moral ambiguity of their actions.

As for other members.....I know it's fan service-y as hell and nobody likes seeing him forced into the role of hero but....if you want a squad to kill people, and you want it done quiet and done right....you cut Deathstroke a check. The contract is about the closest thing Slade gets to having a church, so if he took the money you'd be able to trust him. You'd just have to lawyer the hell out of that contract to make sure Slade can't wiggle through the terms.

And speaking of lawyering something, I'd also recommend Kate Spencer. She'd be a perfect fit.

Katana is an obvious choice if you can get her away from the Suicide Squad. She's a stone cold killer. Metamorpho *could* be great; the perfect assassin....but I dunno if he'd be comfortable with a kill squad.
    Katana was on the original Outsiders team and used lethal force in front of Batman who never complained. Granted, these weren't popular villains so editorial wasn't so stringent about them dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

What was the Elite?

It's hard for me to image the JL would lend it's name to this or any of those entities listed would get involved with this premise.
    Yet if you mean a random team that as you say "sorta mirrors the structure of the core Justice League team"

I take it there is more than just a job and pay at stake (so that leaves off mercs), and they are not being coerced a la Suicide Squad members) so I'm piking characters who might genuinely believe they are doing right thing, and this is the way to go.

Black Adam for Superman
    Artemis for Wonder Woman
    Azrael for Batman
    Guy Gardner in his (Yellow ring phase) or Warrior persona for GL

(Simon Baz in his GL persona being listed would likely be identifiably associated with with JL)

Huntress
    Tarantula
    Peacmaker
    Magog (and his KC cronies
    Similarly I don't see JL lending themselves or their name to this

Same team applies - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4991171

Black Adam for Superman
    Artemis for Wonder Woman
    Azrael for Batman
    Guy Gardner (in his Yellow ring phase or Warrior persona) for GL (pretty much when he was in his rogue GL phase recruiting GL villains and murdering right and left.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I mean real JLA members. Not characters created just to make the JLA edgy...and then never be seen again. LOL
    The "real" JL wouldn't lend themselves to it.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-14-2020 at 04:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well this isn't so different from the Outsiders back in the day; Batman's covert group to do the dirty work the League wouldn't, or couldn't be seen doing. Not exactly a "kill squad" but not so far removed from it either.

Bruce wouldn't support a kill squad; he'd be down with a covert group but not one that employs lethal force. Clark would dislike the need of a covert group but would support it....but like Bruce would draw the line at killing. Lethal force in self defense is one thing, but Clark's not gonna support executions. Hal too would support a covert squad; it's no different from military ops or cops going undercover, but both he and Barry would disagree on the "kill" part. The League doesn't have any legal authority, so for Hal and Barry this would just be murder. Hell Barry would likely disagree about the need of a covert group in the first place.

Diana and Arthur....they're rulers, well acquainted and trained in the dirtier aspects of politics and peace keeping, so I can see them putting this together.

I agree Ollie would be a good pick here; moral conscience, he's not afraid of lethal force but tries to avoid it when he can.....yeah, he'd be good. I don't see him being a leader though; Ollie is a hot mess of a man and can barely keep his own life stable, much less a team. Make him a member? Absolutely, they need his kind of bleeding heart morality to keep them from sinking deeper than they want to be. Leader? Not so much.

Jason might be good....if you can trust him. Bruce might have let him back into the Cave but this is a secret, League sanctioned kill squad. Would anyone trust Jason enough with that kind of intel? Bruce might, but would the others? I don't see it happening, not when this going public would destroy the entire League. I wouldn't be against his inclusion but, especially if Bruce isn't involved in arranging the roster, I don't think any other Leaguer would want him there.

Nightwing, however, might be a good replacement if Jason isn't an option. He doesn't kill, but he works with people who do (how many Titans have killed a sentient being? Most, if not all, right?) and the fact that Dick *doesn't* kill people means you've got someone cool headed on the roster who can keep the team from racking up a higher body count than necessary. Plus, it's Nightwing. He's one of the most trusted heroes on earth, respected by the entire hero community, if you want a leader you'll find none better, and after all the Spyral stuff we know Dick can keep a secret. Dick wouldn't want to be there, which is why he'd be a great choice to lead the team, he won't let them get lost in the moral ambiguity of their actions.

As for other members.....I know it's fan service-y as hell and nobody likes seeing him forced into the role of hero but....if you want a squad to kill people, and you want it done quiet and done right....you cut Deathstroke a check. The contract is about the closest thing Slade gets to having a church, so if he took the money you'd be able to trust him. You'd just have to lawyer the hell out of that contract to make sure Slade can't wiggle through the terms.

And speaking of lawyering something, I'd also recommend Kate Spencer. She'd be a perfect fit.

Katana is an obvious choice if you can get her away from the Suicide Squad. She's a stone cold killer. Metamorpho *could* be great; the perfect assassin....but I dunno if he'd be comfortable with a kill squad.
    The idea of Deathstroke being on any JL roster leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Dick makes NO SENSE.
    IF you want to have a Bat-Family member than TIM DRAKE....
    I dunno. Future versions of Tim are total d-bags who have no qualms about lethal force but current, real Tim Drake? He doesn't have the stones for this kind of action. And who'd put a teenager in charge of such a thing? That's cold, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]In agreement with everything you wrote, and I REALLY like how you built your team.

If there were a way to bring him back, I'd suggest adding...

Tommy Monaghan
    Oh snap! I didn't even think of Hitman! Hell yes, Tommy would be a great addition to a League sponsored kill squad (I still don't see the League approving of one at all, but I can kinda see Diana and Arthur setting one up off the books). Man I miss that book, Tommy was the best!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The idea of Deathstroke being on any JL roster leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.
    I know. But if you're putting a illegal kill squad, Slade is probably the most logical choice for it. And I get the feeling this wouldn't really be a "League" so much as a side project someone sets up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Isn't this just the Suicide Squad only backed by the Justice League and not the government?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Isn't this just the Suicide Squad only backed by the Justice League and not the government?
    Suicide Squad are a bunch of killer. This is a group of heroes doing questionable things for the greater good. No threat of getting their heads blown off, just a group of heroes willing to do whatever it takes to safeguard people.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.