Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default What would you have done with Bucky?

It's been eight years since Brubaker concluded his run on Winter Soldier. Since then, I don't feel like Marvel has really found a place or role for Bucky in the Marvel universe. He's been a number of things and none of them have stuck. While I think this current idea of a guy who goes out there and rescues people from their old lives is interesting, I don't think that type of role is multifaceted enough for prominent Marvel stories. I do think it is a very strict M.O. compared to most other characters and will probably fall away like Bucky's other roles.

So let's take it all the way back to Winter Soldier #14. It's 2012, Brubaker just left, and you get to decide what happens to Bucky. What do you do besides make sure he has short hair from here on out?

I guess Widow's got the "heroic super spy" job so focusing on wetwork espionage might not be viable in the long run.

With how Winter Soldier #14 ended, continue exploring Bucky's loss and where he stands in the 616 MU.

And also during his recovery, have him do some odd-jobs for OG Nick Fury & S.H.I.E.L.D.
    (might as well get your money's worth out of OG Nick, since he'll be going into limbo for the foreseeable future).

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-13-2020 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

I think he's fine as Steve's and Sam's bud and in the Avengers' orbit. Give MotW to someone with no friends.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

They have tried him in a lot of places, Avengers, Thunderbolts, Invaders, Strikeforce, working with BW and Daisy at times. I have to give them credit for not dropping the ball with him.

I would make him less focused on the gun. He has a robot arm lets go with that and let him work in the light.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Supporting character either in Captain America or Black Widow.

I don’t know. Nick Fury senior respected Bucky enough to make Winter Soldier the man on the wall. Either Nick thought of Bucky and a good killer, or, suited to a high administrative position. Maybe Bucky could be a good replacement for old man Nick Fury as Director of SHIELD?