Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Was Flash Thompson pushed a little hard thru 616 when he became Venom?

After he got the Symbiote it seemed like they were trying to keep him involved in a lot of things.

Circle of Four with the knock off New FF: Him, Rulk, X-23 and female Ghost Rider
    Secret Avengers
    Thunderbolts
    Guardians of The Galaxy

In a short period of time he basically worked with a who's who of the super hero community on and off the planet.

He was cool, the book was great, space was a mistake.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He was cool, the book was great, space was a mistake.
    Agreed. Space stuff they could have kept, but everything else was rolling. I think Flash had really established himself as a great hero and to me should still be alive.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The majority won't agree, but I enjoyed reading the T-Bolts (2012) when they had Agent Venom as a member...

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-14-2020 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Added year released.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Flash was awesome.
    Like others have said - throwing him into space was the mistake.

I never liked Flash as a superhero. Flash was a good supporting character, but making him into a superhero always felt a little bit too forced to me.

I'm also not fond of "Venom" just being whoever has the symbite. Venom should be Eddie and the symbite. Combining the symbite with anyone else should not just give you another venom.

Astonishing Member

I honestly thought it was a nice entertaining idea, it gave Venom a new purpose and did a good job redeeming the symbiote before it went back to Brock and Donny Cates worked his magic on it more alongside Eddie. I enjoyed Flash I kinda wish we had more moments of Flash and Peter interacting after finding out each other's identity. I always wanted Flash to asked Pete the questions "I don't get it Parker, you could have easily kicked my ass in high school when I gave you a hard time, why didn't you"? When Bendis started writing Flash in Guardians and when he was in Earth for a bit, i was hoping he would meet Jessica Jones and kinda acknowledge and apologized for cracking on her being in a coma in high school, I can imagine Jessica would be the type to sorta hold a grudge lol "

I like the Agent Venom phase

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I honestly thought it was a nice entertaining idea, it gave Venom a new purpose and did a good job redeeming the symbiote before it went back to Brock and Donny Cates worked his magic on it more alongside Eddie. I enjoyed Flash I kinda wish we had more moments of Flash and Peter interacting after finding out each other's identity. I always wanted Flash to asked Pete the questions "I don't get it Parker, you could have easily kicked my ass in high school when I gave you a hard time, why didn't you"? When Bendis started writing Flash in Guardians and when he was in Earth for a bit, i was hoping he would meet Jessica Jones and kinda acknowledge and apologized for cracking on her being in a coma in high school, I can imagine Jessica would be the type to sorta hold a grudge lol "
    That would have been great to see. Alas, he's dead . . . for now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would have been great to see.
    Agreed. Always been a fan of comic-book versions of high-school reunions.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Alas, he's dead . . . for now.
    Still hopeful for a quick recovery/comeback.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Always been a fan of comic-book versions of high-school reunions.

Still hopeful for a quick recovery/comeback.
    Same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I never liked Flash as a superhero. Flash was a good supporting character, but making him into a superhero always felt a little bit too forced to me.

I'm also not fond of "Venom" just being whoever has the symbite. Venom should be Eddie and the symbite. Combining the symbite with anyone else should not just give you another venom.
    My issue was more along the lines of why I started the thread. After he got the symbiote he seemed to be put any and everywhere they could instead of taking time and making him his own thing.

I want him back as well...but no spider or symbiote stuff....just make him a super soldier and a street level hero. He maintains the friendships he made and is there when big stuff happens....but keep him more like Daredevil or Jessica Jones...taking care of his neighborhood.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-14-2020 at 03:52 PM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I really enjoyed Agent Venom as well and I too think that the space stuff was what just sank everything. Ironically, I actually had wanted to see Venom in stuff doing some Cthulhu/Event Horizon-type stories in deep space where other characters hadn't gone yet, but then all we got was some the standard Marvel cosmic leotard stuff that was just boring.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

In retrospect, I find Flash more interesting as Venom than Eddie as Venom, shocking I know.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Flash is still the GOAT Venom. Eddie was honestly best as Anti-Venom.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man