Mighty Member

Default Leader of Generations/Idol of Generations.../Teams...

Hello,
    dont know how to explain that, but I also really like the ANIME/MANGA Captain Tsubasa.

Its a soccer manga/anime and what I really LOVE about this manga/anime is that its not only about one young player who gets the best player and develop, but I also really really LOVE that the anime/manga also gives the other teams players who are on his level and therefore are the stars of their team etc.

This is something which I really really miss in DC.

They focus only on JL and TITANS showed it perfectly as Donna said to the audience (after fighting this giant guy who got his powers from the fearsome five) that the Titans have all under control and the audience asked back if the Titans arent this TEEN Team.

In Pre-Flashpoint it was actually better, because CONNER KENT for example got his memorial statue next to Supermans and he was known by the public etc.

I think it would help if the teams/generations in DC have 2-3 stars in their team/generation to whom the others look up, are the strongest/well known members of the team/generation..
    AND it would also help if the JL also recruits them for missions, relies on them for missions, speaking with public etc. etc.

Like in YJ Generation for example Conner: people know him and he had many fans (during Reign of Supermen and after his death), I can imagine that heroes of his age-class/younger and also normal people would idolize him, follow him etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    dont know how to explain that, but I also really like the ANIME/MANGA Captain Tsubasa.

Its a soccer manga/anime and what I really LOVE about this manga/anime is that its not only about one young player who gets the best player and develop, but I also really really LOVE that the anime/manga also gives the other teams players who are on his level and therefore are the stars of their team etc.

This is something which I really really miss in DC.

They focus only on JL and TITANS showed it perfectly as Donna said to the audience (after fighting this giant guy who got his powers from the fearsome five) that the Titans have all under control and the audience asked back if the Titans arent this TEEN Team.

In Pre-Flashpoint it was actually better, because CONNER KENT for example got his memorial statue next to Supermans and he was known by the public etc.

I think it would help if the teams/generations in DC have 2-3 stars in their team/generation to whom the others look up, are the strongest/well known members of the team/generation..
    AND it would also help if the JL also recruits them for missions, relies on them for missions, speaking with public etc. etc.

Like in YJ Generation for example Conner: people know him and he had many fans (during Reign of Supermen and after his death), I can imagine that heroes of his age-class/younger and also normal people would idolize him, follow him etc.
    Younger heroes do look up to the Titans and Justice League.

All the Robins idolise Dick Grayson the original.
    YJ and TT members look up to the older heroes. Damian looks up and want's to be like Nightwing.

Jon and Conner clearly look up to and want to be like Clark, Tim looks up to Bruce and Dick etc

We are Robin are a group of kids inspired by and following Robin's footsteps.

That was more common in the pre-52 as the generations had more defined interactions/dynamics with each other. YJ(show) expanded on that as well but it has an advantage as they aren't afraid to move forward as comics tend to be.

The New 52 wanted a younger take on the Justice League so most of the legacies besides Batman/GL and TT were benched. They also had a 5 year timeline which made things messy and they tried to fix it with Rebirth which is also messy.

So its possible it may happen again.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-14-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Younger heroes do look up to the Titans and Justice League.

All the Robins idolise Dick Grayson the original.
    YJ and TT members look up to the older heroes. Damian looks up and want's to be like Nightwing.

Jon and Conner clearly look up to and want to be like Clark, Tim looks up to Bruce and Dick etc

We are Robin are a group of kids inspired by and following Robin's footsteps.
    Not exactly what I was talking about-but ok....

NIGHTWING yes, he is the one who most young Superheroes look up and he is also the clear LEADER of HIS GENERATION and he is also the one who is most well known of his generation (since public doesnt know that there were many Flash)

But right after NIGHTWING it was CONNER KENT, Conner Kent already was popular when he entered the scene during REIGN OF SUPERMEN and as he died he was also the one with the memorial statue next to Clarks one.

And Conner was also more idolized than Clark in HIS Generation (not Superheroes, but his generation in general)

Talking about the IDOLS for Public (who the Public looked up to)

30+: Superman,Flash,Wonder Woman
    20-30: Nightwing
    until 25: Conner Kent, Robin

Its logical, because you mostly relate to people who are in the same age as you are.

But like I also said I was talking about LEADER of Generations..
    Leader is the one who is the leader of his/her generation and/or the most powerful/inspiring hero...

For JL Generation it was Superman,Wonder Woman and also Batman (Martian Manhunter might be considered chairman or so, but JL listens to Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman) they are in charge etc.
    For Titans it was clear that Nightwing was the leader and if they searched for advice they went to him, maybe Donna as Nr. 2
    For YJ/TT: Tim was the official/unoffical leader and Conner was the most well known and most powerful, most inspiring etc. one...
    I think it was in Infinite Crisis, when TT were fighting against Psimon etc. Superman arrived and Tim confronted him...

This is also what I was talking about: The male or female Superhero who is the Star/Leader....of his/her generation/team...who takes the lead, keeps the team together..
    IC displayed it PERFECTLY with Conner and Tim...

And this is also how it should work and how its also in real life (Sport etc.)

Its wrong and its a problem if they only idolize and look up etc. to older Superheroes...you also have to have in every generation 1-3 Superheroes who are the leader of their generation, the star, the most powerful ones....

Take Basketball for example: If you look at the best Players of all time, you see that they ARENT from one generation only, but there are years between them and if you look at the big,popular,successfull teams you find always at least 2 OUTSTANDING players..