Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Wonder Woman OP??

Hello,
    just read these:

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...uld-lead-team/
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-str...ce-league-men/
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...n-best-member/

I have to say that I find this annoying and I always thougth that Diana is OP etc.

Why?

From power levels alone, Wonder Woman is without a doubt one of the big heavy hitters within the DC universe. She also is the only DC character who is within shouting distance of Batman and Superman in public awareness. Add that she in-canon is the most well-trained League member.

The problem is seldom characters being overpowered. The problem is far more often poor storytelling.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Why?

From power levels alone, Wonder Woman is without a doubt one of the big heavy hitters within the DC universe. She also is the only DC character who is within shouting distance of Batman and Superman in public awareness. Add that she in-canon is the most well-trained League member.

The problem is seldom characters being overpowered. The problem is far more often poor storytelling.
    If you talk about IN COMIC PUBLIC than I would say that THE FLASH could be more popular than her.
    I mean if you take the COMIC REALITY than Flash seems to be probably more popular than her.

Did you read the links which I posted above?

She was able to lift this rock which Superman couldnt, she outsmarted Batman and the others etc. etc.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

The Soviet Union Hockey Team won the Olympic Games for twenty years in a row putting the talent of their players to the service of the team, the United States Hockey Team was able to defeat the Soviets only when it did the same thing. In a team the best leader isn't the strongest, the smartest, the quickest one, but the one who is the most able to make the other team mates work together, so it is wrong say: «She should be the leader because she is the strongest, the smartest…».
    And in my humble opinion it is also wrong start to show how a character is better in everything than the all the other characters of the same franchise, above all if some of those characters were usually described to be the best in what they do: it is the best way to make that character hated by the fans.
    The more loved heroes aren't the one who are always the best, they are the ones able to inspire something good in the readers.

No, WW is not OP. These highlight the truth, which some of us have always known: Wonder Woman is the top female in strength and fighting in the DC Universe!

Spectacular Member

So Wonder Woman has gotten a few good showings and some spotlight time. Considering the rarity of that in a JL comic I'd say it's a bit premature to say that she is being depicted as OP.

Really wish these articles would use different top images.

Anyway, I don't see what's particularly egregious about any of these. Most of this was probably to have brand synergy for WW '84 when it was supposed to have a June release. Personally, I found the most recent JL issue refreshing with her diplomatic attributes getting a focus after years of JL warrior woman and Injustice nonsense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    So Wonder Woman has gotten a few good showings and some spotlight time. Considering the rarity of that in a JL comic I'd say it's a bit premature to say that she is being depicted as OP.
    WHAT??????????
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-str...ce-league-men/
    Sorry-I didnt read the Comic-but here its written that Aquaman,Superman,Batman and Flash tried TOGETHER!!!! to move the boulder!!!! and COULDNT do it...
    Batman and Flash ok-BUT!!! making her lift something what AQUAMAN AND SUPERMAN couldnt lift TOGETHER??????!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Really wish these articles would use different top images.

Anyway, I don't see what's particularly egregious about any of these. Most of this was probably to have brand synergy for WW '84 when it was supposed to have a June release. Personally, I found the most recent JL issue refreshing with her diplomatic attributes getting a focus after years of JL warrior woman and Injustice nonsense.
    Sorry-WHAT???

She is displayed as being STRONGER,SMARTER than her Teammates TOGETHER.

LIFTING something what Superman,Aquaman,Flash and Batman couldnt move together...
    BEING SMARTER than the male teammates together.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, WW is not OP. These highlight the truth, which some of us have always known: Wonder Woman is the top female in strength and fighting in the DC Universe!
    Not even close...

Power Girl is STRONGER than Wonder Woman...

BANNED

Well looks like someone has been triggered by the article but do you not feel silly insisting on the strength levels of every Character being frozen instead of being dynamic and fluctuating according to writers? She is now a DEMI-GODDESS so she can be shown to be more powerful and smarter than the rest of her teammates without ruffling feathers except for some fanboys stuck in pre flashpoint continuity and what not. If you feel that these characters are dynamic and evolving then you should not have any issues. If not then you do you.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Adding to what Denkota is saying she is now a Demi-Goddess

The daughter of Zeus, trained by Ares, and raised in a female warrior society - if she isn't OP then there's something wrong.

But that doesn't mean she infallible; remember she isn't bullet proof hence the bracelets. Supergirl or Powergirl are more powerful in regards to strength and durability, but Diana is the full package.

She possesses the acuity for war and strategy, a more capable fighter than most DC heroes, and she is imbued with divinity.

She is literally both Superman and Batman combined.

DC will informally say this but when it comes to actually showing it she's severely lacking

Supergirl and most female kryptonians are actually stronger than her
    Then you get into the dumb stuff DC has written with Superman and she's too far behind

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    DC will informally say this but when it comes to actually showing it she's severely lacking

Supergirl and most female kryptonians are actually stronger than her
    What female Kryptonians? The only one that's beaten her is Power Girl.

Things like this happen to Batman and Bat-related characters all the time, so I don't see the harm in having OP Wonder Woman for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    trained by Ares
    That part is fortunately no longer canon.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Things like this happen to Batman and Bat-related characters all the time, so I don't see the harm in having OP Wonder Woman for a change.
    […]
    Considering how many bat-fans don't like when the bat-characters are in "God mode", I don't think it will be a good change. Like I already wrote "The more loved heroes aren't the one who are always the best, but the ones able to inspire something good in the readers".

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

That part is fortunately no longer canon.
    What!? Noo.. oh well, DC and their crazy continuity