Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    WHAT??????????
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-str...ce-league-men/
    Sorry-I didnt read the Comic-but here its written that Aquaman,Superman,Batman and Flash tried TOGETHER!!!! to move the boulder!!!! and COULDNT do it...
    Batman and Flash ok-BUT!!! making her lift something what AQUAMAN AND SUPERMAN couldnt lift TOGETHER??????!!!!!!
    I haven't read the issue myself, but as I understand it, it was set in Themyscira and involved Doom's Gate or Tartarus or something similar. Ie, they were on Diana's turf.

Just see it as a Thor's hammer style of thing. Only an Amazon could move that boulder, just like Marvel Thor isn't stronger than the Hulk, even though Thor can lift the hammer while Hulk can't.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Considering how many bat-fans don't like when the bat-characters are in "God mode", I don't think it will be a good change.
    It's just one story for now. I seriously doubt it's something DC is planning as an actual change. Like others mentioned, it's probably just because her movie was supposed to come out.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I prefer the Kjn's explanation: the story was placed in Themyscira and only the Amazons could move that boulder, but I think the real issue isn't the story but the articles about the story: if the "journalists" start to write things like "Coming up against the Amazonians, one specific member of the Justice League just proved why THEY should be commanding the team", "Coming up against the Amazonians, one specific member of the Justice League just proved why THEY should be commanding the team", "In Justice League, Wonder Woman just did something that the combined powers of Batman, Superman, Aquaman and the Flash couldn't do", then they are giving the idea that Wonder Woman is overpowered, even if she doesn't and in my comments I simply explained why I think DC should avoid that trap.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Adding to what Denkota is saying she is now a Demi-Goddess

The daughter of Zeus, trained by Ares, and raised in a female warrior society - if she isn't OP then there's something wrong.

But that doesn't mean she infallible; remember she isn't bullet proof hence the bracelets. Supergirl or Powergirl are more powerful in regards to strength and durability, but Diana is the full package.

She possesses the acuity for war and strategy, a more capable fighter than most DC heroes, and she is imbued with divinity.

She is literally both Superman and Batman combined.
    Is she a great detective?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Is she a great detective?
    Back in the Marston run, she was often portrayed as one. At least by Golden Age standards.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wonder Woman should be the most powerful, it suits her. She's WONDER Woman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Back in the Marston run, she was often portrayed as one. At least by Golden Age standards.
    How about now? Since the question is she OP or not is based on the current event

Extraordinary Member

Wow, this thread is far milder than I would have thought based on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Adding to what Denkota is saying she is now a Demi-Goddess

The daughter of Zeus, trained by Ares, and raised in a female warrior society - if she isn't OP then there's something wrong.

But that doesn't mean she infallible; remember she isn't bullet proof hence the bracelets. Supergirl or Powergirl are more powerful in regards to strength and durability, but Diana is the full package.

She possesses the acuity for war and strategy, a more capable fighter than most DC heroes, and she is imbued with divinity.

She is literally both Superman and Batman combined.
    If this mean she will be the one the writers will have whatever new villain take down with one punch instead of Superman, to show how dangerous they are, I'm all for it. If it means that when DC wants to show how competent some hero is they will do a story about they defeating a braiwashed Diana instead of Superman, I'm all for it.

I have come to believe that Superman status as the, supposedly, most powerful hero, is actually detrimental to the character, as he is the go to guy for a good jobing and worthying. So I'm all for DC allowing the character to take a step back on this matter.

She is displayed as being STRONGER,SMARTER than her Teammates TOGETHER.

LIFTING something what Superman,Aquaman,Flash and Batman couldnt move together...
    BEING SMARTER than the male teammates together.....
    There is a litany of examples of all those characters getting out shown or outclassed by someone else (mainly Batman these days but Superman also to a lesser degree). How is this egregious when suddenly Diana does better than the men.

Have to say it's kind of funny that over in the Death Metal thread, people are discussing how DC has major event stories built entirely around the idea that Superman and Batman are literally the linchpins of the entire multi-verse and everything begins, ends, and revolves entirely around them.

...meanwhile this guy is crying foul that a random issue of Justice League had Wonder Woman lift a rock no one else could.

Mighty Member

Well in her latest issue she beat the Phantom Stranger and made DC's version of "GOD" back down so I would say she's somewhat OP. It seems like virtually every other character has to limited in capability, from Superman to Batman and others. But in Diana's case its the opposite, she has to be the most powerful, most capable, the best. Everyone has their weaknesses or limitations but not for Diana, and if she is shown as having any then its cries of sexism. So yeah Wonder Woman is OP, demi goddess not withstanding.

BANNED

Nah, Superman and Cap Marvel/Shazam can rock her any day in a overall full power and strength contest. Lets not get into the hax heroes like dr fate, flash and cap atom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    So Wonder Woman has gotten a few good showings and some spotlight time. Considering the rarity of that in a JL comic I'd say it's a bit premature to say that she is being depicted as OP.
    Rarity? She’s been typically highlighted since her movie. She got the finishing blow on Eradicator, I believe finishing blow on Tartarus. Robinson seems big on her, Snyder seems big on her too she’s basically
    Front cover for Death Metal not to mention the constant putting the Trinity in front of everything that some writers like to do.

There’s that Witching Hour thing Bryan Hitch’s JL run was pretty big on her too.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 07-15-2020 at 06:14 PM.

BANNED

WHAT??????????
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-str...ce-league-men/
    Sorry-I didnt read the Comic-but here its written that Aquaman,Superman,Batman and Flash tried TOGETHER!!!! to move the boulder!!!! and COULDNT do it...
    Batman and Flash ok-BUT!!! making her lift something what AQUAMAN AND SUPERMAN couldnt lift TOGETHER??????!!!!!!

Sorry-WHAT???

She is displayed as being STRONGER,SMARTER than her Teammates TOGETHER.

LIFTING something what Superman,Aquaman,Flash and Batman couldnt move together...
    BEING SMARTER than the male teammates together.....

I don’t even get how that makes anyone want to jump onto or start fanboying a character. I loved Batman growing up but showing him better than everyone else was a huge turn away for the character