Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Singing a different tune if this thread was about Batman? Umm, have we been reading 2 entirely different forums?

People, even fans of Batman, complain about his Batgod feats all the damn time, OTOH Wonder Woman is placed on a pedestal and if anything her fans want her to be more powerful.

Most Batman fans want him to be less powerful, not as smart, not as competent, etc. Just look at his forum where there are constant threads with people saying they prefer one version of Batman over another because one wasn't as strong. People always say they prefer the Batman: TAS version to the JL/U version because he wasn't as OP in TAS.

I've never heard a Wonder Woman fan say they liked a weaker version specifically because they weren't as OP. And obviously there are other reasons people like TAS Batman more than his JL counterpart but they almost always mention how him being weaker and more fallible made them like him more.

Let's not turn this into a "which character gets more complaints" competition because Bruce would win in a landslide, the only characters who'd even come close are Superman, Joker and Harley. Wonder Woman is like Dick Grayson in the way she's practically deified and beloved by the majority of the forum, this one thread's got nothing on the avalanche of hate and criticism Bruce gets on a daily basis.
    I've been reading these forums for a long time. Especially during Tom King's run and after BvS came out. Batman fans have been skewering those stories in particular for making Bruce look stupid and I've lost count of the number of times I've see people hate on the Batfamily for robbing Bruce of his social skills. Tim and Oracle in particular have been accused of being used to dumb down Bruce and Cassandra is hated by many for being a better fighter than Bruce.

I don't know what forums you follow, but most Batman fans do not want him to be weaker or dumber.

Hell, Wonder Woman fans actually insist on her being the only flying brick in the DCU that isn't bulletproof.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-16-2020 at 08:30 AM.